PDA

View Full Version : Expectations of the consoles

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 9th, 2002, 10:42 PM
Well now that there all out.What do you expect outta all the next gen consoles in the following years.Do you think MS will establish themselves as a power in gaming.Will nintendo start to go third party.Will sony's online quest and promises follow through.What do you think?

BlackThornn
Sep 10th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Playstation line- I expect that brand recognition ('cause lets face it any Xbox fans here.. This generation's incarnation is and was a DAMN GOOD showing) will propel this line along for at least another console generation or two (if the evil bastards at Microsoft haven't managed to implement Palladium and different programs and have us all under thier direct control) even if the hardware itself is inferior, which I seriously doubt it will be, even if Microsoft sits back and slaps together a console with the latest tech 18 months later like they did this time. They will maintain a lot of developer support and stay the key player in the industry. WoO! there. :D

Xbox- Though it's a good console, and has some good games working for it, I think that as the general public gradually learns about some of the stuff M$ is planning it's gonna be losing ALL support. Heh. Maybe Microsoft'll just turn into a video gaming company. The Xbox has a comparatively small (but unfortunately rabid) following when put side-by-side with the PS2.. but I believe that some of those, if not the majority, simply look for the best hardware availiable, without any console loyalty.

Nintendo/Gamecube- ..I might be wrong but I think Nintendo's president said that the GCN was going to be Ninty's last console, and that they were gonna go 3rd party. *shrugs*

Anyway. You may commence flaming........................................... ............................................. now.

GaseousSnake
Sep 10th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Sony will continue to rule but im having second thoughts about their next console(ps3).They are further and further going away from gaming by introducing alot of entertainment stuff(the ps3 acting like a pc,playing dvds,reading mail etc)

Nintendo is the best gaming company in the world and they will definately release another console in the future(NOTE:Nintendo never said anything about going 3rd party rather they said that are gonna focus more and more on games rather than trying to push the limits of technology by producing a very powerfull console).

M$ is still behind and will continue to be last if they think that they can buy the whole world.

MakgSnake
Sep 10th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake
M$ is still behind and will continue to be last if they think that they can buy the whole world.
That Is So True. And They Will Be Last Anyway In The Gaming World.

Sony Rules..... And Will Rule Forever!.! I Think!.!

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 10th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Sony will be around for awhile no doubt about it.They are a brand name.There like nike and pepsi.Sony is a household name.3rd party is really strong right now...its pretty much unbeatable for this round in the console wars.All the biggest names are on sony's boat.

Nintendo.Gotta love the GC but truthfully wheres the 3rd party.I mean heck they got alot of great 1st party games but where not seeing 3rd party to much.The console is also lacking a strong online plan which might play in its demise.But other than that the GC is still selling well but will it continue.

MS.Good console.Some really stellar games.There online plan seems good by theory but im a little skeptic on how the whole thing will do when it is released.They got a good 3rd party and a damn decent 1st thx to there $.I think they'll overtake nintendo soon for 2nd place,but they wont touch sony.