PDA

View Full Version : Overrated RPGs?

Hylas
Feb 7th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Which ones do you think are the most overrated RPGs?
I think there are many RPGs that are not so cool, but they're very famous, so it seems they're also excellent games, even if they're not.
I just wanted to konw your opinions!

x157anz
Feb 7th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Hmm
Icewind dale for pc is overrated and i think its a crap game.
And i didnt like Baldurs Gate for the pc found it too hard too complete so i think thats poor aswell , but its amazing for ps2 :)

IcyMourdor
Feb 7th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Legend of Mana

The original is usually better than the sequel. In this case, its true.

JC Denton
Feb 8th, 2002, 04:07 PM
of topic, but x157anz are you mad baldurs gate for the pc is inspired its great, and the first one certainly isnt difficult to complete. oh well..... your intitled to your own opinion.

jenova_jeb
Feb 8th, 2002, 04:22 PM
I haven't really played many overrated games. I guess the most overrated RPG I've ever played was Final Fantasy IV. I LOVED IT. But I think it is overrated.

IcyMourdor
Feb 8th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by jenova_jeb
I haven't really played many overrated games. I guess the most overrated RPG I've ever played was Final Fantasy IV. I LOVED IT. But I think it is overrated.

AAHHHHH! You didn't just say that!

This game isn't overrated, it was UNDERrated. This great game has touched the hearts of many and will continue to do so.

jenova_jeb
Feb 8th, 2002, 11:42 PM
Nah, it was overrated. Don't get me wrong, it was VERY GOOD! But everyone was telling me about how it was better than the new ones, and surpassed all the others.... For me, it didn't. I thought it was a ver linear game. It wasn't deep. I didn't care about any of the characters. I guess I just didn't feel as involved as I did in the other Final Fantasy games, or games like Chrono Trigger. Oh well, it was still worth playing.

jenova_jeb
Feb 10th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Heh, I guess we'll never see eye to eye on Chrono Cross ;). It's good to know that you trust my judgement on most games though :D .

Mana
Feb 13th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Maybe I will be fired for this, but I think Valkyrie Profile is the worst RPG I've ever played. Not a very popular one, but everytime I've heard something about it, they say it's so good, so fanciful, so original and stuff.
Well, I don't like it. I find it boring and the characters are not so interesting. I spent not too much time palying it, because I got bored after few hours.

Reid
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:48 PM
Umm . . .
I found that Final Fantasy VIII was quite overrated. Everybody said it was amazing, but I thought it wasn't in the same class as many other games in the FF series (even though it's still a good game).

I also think that the Diablo series is overrated incredibly (especially II). One of my buddies is a DII addict and the times I've played it I just think it was really boring and repititous.

Hmm, I'm going to get torn apart by other members for not liking Diablo aren't I?

IcyMourdor
Feb 18th, 2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Mana
Maybe I will be fired for this, but I think Valkyrie Profile is the worst RPG I've ever played. Not a very popular one, but everytime I've heard something about it, they say it's so good, so fanciful, so original and stuff.
Well, I don't like it. I find it boring and the characters are not so interesting. I spent not too much time palying it, because I got bored after few hours.

You won't be fired. At least not be me.

The game wasn't even overrated. The game sucked and all my friends feel the same.

Originally posted by Reid
I also think that the Diablo series is overrated incredibly (especially II). One of my buddies is a DII addict and the times I've played it I just think it was really boring and repititous.

Hmm, I'm going to get torn apart by other members for not liking Diablo aren't I?

I've never played Diablos. Never wanted to. I figured the game sucked and I play Everquest.