PDA

View Full Version : Halo owns all!!!!

Cannibal Clown
Sep 9th, 2002, 07:37 AM
I'm almost done with the game on legendary, and have been reawakened, realising that halo is the god of all games. I just finnished spending 7 1/2 hours on the third to the last level with 007 james bond, and am now addicted. With SSSnake just laughing at us the entire time, as we got our asses kicked. Now i know why this is game of ghe year. The multi player is excellent, and the driving scenes are awesome. The alien thingies are sweet ass, and everything about this game is unbelievable. Halo is worth buying an XBox.

Infernal Mass
Sep 9th, 2002, 08:36 AM
yeah it's damn good, i'm more of a fighting game fan myself. Recently played it for the first time; demo for the new OXM has it. Only one level is on it.."silent coretagrapher" or something.

Is it possible to play co-op story mode campaign with two tvs and 2 xboxes? Or is that only for deathmatch and CTF.

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 9th, 2002, 03:37 PM
No co-op is only for one xbox you can use two for deathmatch and large multiplayer games.

jjmoohead
Sep 10th, 2002, 12:23 PM
see my review for my opinion on this matter. it was talked about before in another post

Sword 4 Hire
Sep 10th, 2002, 03:47 PM
I remember playing through the story with my good friend because he was with me when I bought it...everyday he would come over until we finished it...

...ah good times

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 10th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead
see my review for my opinion on this matter. it was talked about before in another post

I do believe this was discussed before, and like I stated not everyone gave Halo, game of the year, I can only think of a couple (IGN comes to mind). It was a good game but it was still the same old game, 500 on 1 and YOU NEVER DIE. How fun is that. (anyway just read the other post about the game to see my opinions on that)

I think that was the thing you posted and i have to agree and disagree.Yes you can take out a lot of guys easily on halo while playing on the lighter settings in difficulty and agreed that is no fun.But you will truely appreciate the game when you play it on Legendary.One enemy can kick your ass.....and he can do it very quickly.Speed and wits are the game on legendary you can't go charging in or your gone.The AI is actually smart of enough to hide and avoid you to.See someone behind the rock and the AI will cleverly move to a new location...........sometimes behind you.Try to flush them out with a gernade they'll charge your ass till the death.Play the game on legendary attempt to beat it on single player;then you'll appreciate it.Atleast I did.

MakgSnake
Sep 10th, 2002, 08:02 PM
I Played The Game Few Days Back. And It Seemed ALRIGHT. Nothing Great

I Wasn't That Impressed By The GAME At All. I Mean... It Was A Normal First Person Shooter. ...... The Graphics Were Good But Not MindBlowing.

I Am Still In A Shock That HALO Won "Game Of The Year" Award. Thats Just BullShit.

Neways, Opinions Are Opinions, Just Like "Halo's Man's Opinions" And All.

The Games "Ok"...... I Think "MOH: Frontline" Is MUCH MUCH Better!.!

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 10th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
I Played The Game Few Days Back. And It Seemed ALRIGHT. Nothing Great

I Wasn't That Impressed By The GAME At All. I Mean... It Was A Normal First Person Shooter. ...... The Graphics Were Good But Not MindBlowing.

I Am Still In A Shock That HALO Won "Game Of The Year" Award. Thats Just BullShit.

Neways, Opinions Are Opinions, Just Like "Halo's Man's Opinions" And All.

The Games "Ok"...... I Think "MOH: Frontline" Is MUCH MUCH Better!.!

Makg Please dont say MOH is a better game than Halo it is not.I can think of at least 10 good reasons why halo is better than MOH.I also suggest you play it on legendary..............trust me its a whole whole different story atleast until you get past the 5th level which then everything turns into hell.

A.K.A.

!~HALO MAN~!

MakgSnake
Sep 10th, 2002, 08:09 PM
Halo Man, I Dont Know, I Played HALO And It Didn't Seem That "Intresting".. I Reached Quite FAR In The Game And It Was Not HEADING Anywhere. Same Aliens Coming In And In. And I Dunno.......

As For MOH, I Played That Game And I WAS Blown Away By The Game In The VERY First Stage, Not To Mention "Holland" Which Comes In Later. WOW, I Would Say, And MOH's AI Is Amazing Too, The Guns Are Excellent, The SOUND Is "The Sweetest Thing" And The Music...OMG!.!

Like I Say, Opinions Are Opinions HALO-MAN

Sleazy P Martini
Sep 10th, 2002, 08:28 PM
MOH Frontline is a super fun game....but it has no multiplayer and that really hurts it IMO. Allied Assault creams Frontline. As for Halo. Driving vehicles, the ability to play co-op, and online multiplayer pushes it over the top.

Harry
Sep 10th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Halo is an amazingly fun game, with extraordinary graphics and all the rest. But sincerely, after that one has played Deus Ex, which is the deepest first person adventure ever designed-realized, I find very difficult to be fully surprised by classic Fps.

Yeah I know, I know. Deus Ex is not "simply" a FPS, but here I'm speaking of personal feelings when playing a game in first person.

God knows what we'll see in Deus Ex 2...

merylsilverburg
Sep 11th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Play the game on legendary attempt to beat it on single player;then you'll appreciate it.Atleast I did.

Heh, heh...I don't need to play Legendary in order to appreciate Halo....the Normal setting is enough for me. :P *gets punched* I've been playing Halo for a couple of days now and I usually hate FPS but this game is pretty good. The graphics are very nice, the gameplay is great, the voice acting and characters are pretty top notch...I'm impressed. I also like the co-op feature, but I wasn't able to get too far because I asked my sister to play and she sucked so bad, I had to take care of her. :P I would like to continue and actually finish Halo, but unfortunately I am horrible at this game, so I'm currently stuck on the 5th level.

Bogart
Sep 11th, 2002, 08:33 PM
I bought Halo and Morrowind as my first Xbox games a month ago. I've finished Halo once but I was so unimpressed... maybe it's just because I don't like FPS or maybe it's because I prefer adventure titles in third person, but the game couldn't really catch my attention (with the exception of the beautiful graphics, but I'm not the graphics-maniac kind).

On the other hand, after the first hours of difficulties, I found Morrowind one of the deepest and most addictive games I've ever played... I like this game much and much and much and much more than Halo, even if it has some bug here and there.

MakgSnake
Sep 12th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Harry
But sincerely, after that one has played Deus Ex, which is the deepest first person adventure ever designed-realized, I find very difficult to be fully surprised by classic Fps.
Damn I Shouldve Bought Dues Ex, When I Was Once GOING To. I Think I'll Buy It Now. I Always Had A Feeling That This Game Would Be "Different"

Harry
Sep 13th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Actually, it's more than different, it's unique. Anyhow, remember that the graphics are old-looking (the game uses a port of the Unreal Engine) even if the character models look and move better than the ones in the PC version.

GaseousSnake
Sep 14th, 2002, 05:26 AM
IMO Golden Eye is better than halo

Plain and Simple

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 14th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake
IMO Golden Eye is better than halo

Plain and Simple

LMAO................ NO!

jjmoohead
Sep 14th, 2002, 12:22 PM
In reply to that Goldeneye post. I TOTALLY AGREE. I have yet to find a better multiplayer game then that on console.

And just to add to another comment, I have beaten Halo on legendary and im sorry but it was not all that difficult. Sure a few spots had me confused and in some pain for a moment or two but it was still 500-1 and heres the thing to win so easily, don't throw the nades at the guys they only run at you, throw them at your feet and run, the aliens follow you and BANG, 10 dead aliens. When I beat the legendary the 2nd time, i died 4 times and that was on the second to last level, stupid hanger and guys surrounding you. What can I say im an FPS god!

Cannibal Clown
Sep 14th, 2002, 12:51 PM
OMG, i can't believe that you've beaten the game on legendary twice, and died so few times, did you play it single player, or co-op, because it took me like three hours on average to beat a level, on co-op, and dying about fifty times in the prosses.

I'd also like to ask you how long it tooo you to beat the game, becasue that is an amazing accomplishment, and i'd also like it if you would tell me how the secret ending goes. QQuickly, before i beat it on my own.

JC Denton
Sep 14th, 2002, 03:10 PM
i just completed it today,

it was very good but i cant say it was the best game ive ever played, not as good deus ex im afraid but the multiplayer is brilliant, and as far as fps go it has a very good storyline,

and the enemy ai's are excellent.

i thought it was better than golden eye though, there was so much more you could do,

jumping,
for a start

plus aiming was better,

when you hit somone with your weapon you actually see it happening from another players point of view on halo, but not on golden eye,

and dont even get me started on the enemies,

but at the time goldeneye was bigger than halo is now,

it was the only game to ever out sell the film

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 14th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead
In reply to that Goldeneye post. I TOTALLY AGREE. I have yet to find a better multiplayer game then that on console.

And just to add to another comment, I have beaten Halo on legendary and im sorry but it was not all that difficult. Sure a few spots had me confused and in some pain for a moment or two but it was still 500-1 and heres the thing to win so easily, don't throw the nades at the guys they only run at you, throw them at your feet and run, the aliens follow you and BANG, 10 dead aliens. When I beat the legendary the 2nd time, i died 4 times and that was on the second to last level, stupid hanger and guys surrounding you. What can I say im an FPS god!

Sorry JJ but i dont believe you.One on extreme they run from gernades or charge you.You can take out big groups but some time it is pure luck.Plus on single player many veteran Halo players find it impossible to beat it on legendary in some cases.And dying only 4 times on the second level ha.Plus anyone could make that kind of claim that you did.Trust me.Oh yeah and a question how long did it take you if you did.