PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find those infect-truth.com or thetruth.com anti-tobacco commercials annoying?

Vic Viper
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:05 AM
????

it doesnt really bother me...

how about you guys/girls??????

merylsilverburg
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:24 AM
No, they don't bother me. In fact, I think they're pretty cool since they're at least trying to make an effort to stop teens from smoking. Their messages and commericals and ads aren't dumb and cheesy...they're something that teens and kids can relate to and see for themselves.

Vic Viper
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
No, they don't bother me. In fact, I think they're pretty cool since they're at least trying to make an effort to stop teens from smoking. Their messages and commericals and ads aren't dumb and cheesy...they're something that teens and kids can relate to and see for themselves.

i totaly agree with you meryl, like what the commercial says,

Knowledge is Contagious

merylsilverburg
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:34 AM
Right! I just saw this commercial recently that had that fake baby crying right in the middle of the sidewalk in New York or somewhere and man, when I saw that, I was like "Hey...good idea". :D Of course, smoking among teens will never completely go away, but hopefully with the effort of these commericals and the brains of the teens, smoking will slowly decrease. :)

Beretta55
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:42 AM
i dont find them annoying i like them actully i remember the one where they were building a body bag tower of some sort.

Infernal Mass
Sep 7th, 2002, 05:36 AM
http://www.lamer.net/thumbs/tmyk-gif-indexicon.jpg
They don't bother me much..since i rarely watch television. The ones i have seen are very creative though.

Damn Sniper
Sep 7th, 2002, 07:38 AM
I find them annoying, and the whole notion that people don't know they are harmful to your health. I grew up with 4 siblings who all smoke, so I started smoking when I was 12, no lie. By the time I was 14 I was a regular smoker, about 3/4 a pack a day. I always knew they weren't any good for me, I mean come on, it's common sense, you take a drag, you cough like crazy,... doesn't take a rocket scientist. The lawsuits entered against the tobacco companies are a joke, and in the long run a few people benefit while the whole of society suffers.

Anyway, I quit cold turkey when I was 18, no withdrawals at all. addiction is all in your mind and if your willpower is strong enough you can do anything.

Sleazy P Martini
Sep 7th, 2002, 08:11 AM
I heard that those "infect truth" commercials are actually sponsored by the tobacco companies. Something to do with a lawsuit they lost......I have no link to back this up, my wife's cousin told me he learned that in some advanced business/marketing course. (or something like that)

007_JamesBond
Sep 7th, 2002, 06:35 PM
I like the commercials, and i dont think that they are anoying