PDA

View Full Version : My ps2 broke :( plz plz help me

JoeTheUglyLoSeR
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:43 PM
I bought my ps2 the first day it came out.everything was fine,then it stopped playing,movies,then ps1 games,and now ps2 games.Does anybody know what the problem is and how i can fix it? do i need a new lens or something? and i dont really have any money to spend. thnx

Soul Angel
Sep 5th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Okay first of all this thread would be better in the PS2 FAQ forum, but don't worry one of the mods for other consoles will move it :happy:

As for your problem, I don't know what the problem is except that I'm also suffering right now with the same problem as you are :(
I didn't actually buy my console on the first day it was released but I know that my console is one of the older versions since it has the mesh in the back where the fan is.

But my only conclusion would be something to do with the fan but I really don't know if it is that or not :disturb:

KraftSLU
Sep 5th, 2002, 08:59 PM
Well your first problem is buying a ps2... (j/k :)) Actually, have you tried a CD lens cleaner? I've heard that some ps2s for some reason or another get dirty to the point that they stop reading certain cds after a while.