PDA

View Full Version : Gundam

MADRUCKIS
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Whats everyone think about this. I haven't seen a thread on this and I'm wonderin how people take to the series.
Myself, I love it!

I've only seen the Gundam Wing series though, and I'm watchin patienlty the G gundam series on CN! Endless Waltz was cool-didn't make much sense but I loves the new models and the Wing Gundams angel wings.

I actually bought Battle Assault for $20 for psx just to get all the gundams and play with em. I don't know about the other Gundam shows-they look kinda boring!

Favorite character-Trowa

Favorite Gundam-DeathSythe Hell or HeavyArms Custom

Pu the Owl
Sep 5th, 2002, 08:13 PM
Frankly I kinda hate Heero because he's just terrible! Duo is the coolest among all the characters. Don't know why, but I think he's the cutest and the nicest among them :D
The series is good, even if I'm not really into it and I haven't watched all the episodes. The female characters are probably the worst I've ever seen in an anime series based on mechas, but since the attention is focused on male characters, I don't really care.

REChick14
Sep 5th, 2002, 08:31 PM
I love the gundam series. I've seen gudam wing. Also Endless Waltz. The movie was pretty good.I'm watching the G gundam series right now. I love domon kashu. He's really cool.:)

Beretta55
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:28 AM
yea i love the gundam seris i think gundam wing should go back on but no!! damn you toonami!!:frust: but G.gundam is really cool also i like sisachi!! he ownz!! all!!:cool:

MADRUCKIS
Sep 7th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Definately-
when G gundam was promoted I definately wanted to see it cause it reminded me of my Gundam Wing days on Toonami. The story is all its own but just the whole training and the Dark Gundam storyline is pretty good.

I never jumped to see the 0083 series cause it looks kinda cheesy. Does anyone know of that series?

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 8th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Gundam Wing is definatley my favorite outta the gundam saga.G Gundam just doesnt seem to have the same effect because it seems like the characters are just less developed.Plus the best character of all is Zechs Merquise (Milnardo Peacecraft).

Vic Viper
Sep 8th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Gundam is great...

Out of all the Gundam Universe my favorites are 08th MS Team and Gundam 0080 War in the Pockets.
Madruckis, you should give MSG: 0083 Stardust Memory a chance, its a pretty cool series, it has a good story, but i never really like the characters in that series except for Anavel Gato. There still showing it on CN, on there Adult Swim Block.

Favorite Character- Char Aznable

Favorite Gundam- GundamEZ8(08th MS team)

Least favorite Character- Kou Uraki (0083)

Least favorite Gundam- Neo Mexico's Tequila(Spike) Gundam

MADRUCKIS
Sep 8th, 2002, 04:46 PM
Hopefully I can get my hands on some stuff. I'll check out 0083 but I just got some serious news!

The Mobile Suit Gundam Box set which conatins all ten dvds of my favorite series episodes is coming out later this month. Ha!

*examines date..........

It comes out my birthday.......tee hee. September 24th ladies and gents-mark your calenders-two important things goin down that day.

Ha. So that means I don't even have to buy it. $150.00 isn't bad considering I started buying the series for 24.99 a piece. I'll just sell what I have and put it on store credit for the set.:laugh:

Oh yeah SSSnake, Zechs is great. The Lightning Count is a definate bad a$$.
As for characers I can't stand:
Fortune-you don't like Heero. He does seem just lost at times but in a mobile suite-he's invincible.

Cannibal Clown
Sep 11th, 2002, 08:05 PM
I love gundam.

Of the universal century series, i like the first of em, mobile suit gundam, and the last one that was made, 08th ms team gundam. I almost have the entire series on dvd. Just one more left.

I love gundam wing, but all i have is the movie on DVD. My best friend is going to get the box set when it comes out, and i'll probally get it as well, when i get the cash.

I never liked 0083 stardust memory, and i absolutly hated war in the poket. And the other gundams were okay. Like gundam z, and X, and like the twenty others. But i only saw like one or two episodes of em, and in japanese, so i didn't get to get into it too much.

G Gundam is okay, but it isn't really my style. Too repetitive, and not enought plot. Just like a fighting anime with mecha.

My favorite gundam series is Gundam Seed. I haven't seen any of it, because it just came out in japan recently, but i saw a preview of it and it seems to be the best gundam series i ever saw. I am sooo badly wanting it to come tyo america, so i can buy the whole thing on dvd.

Other thann that, all i can say is that hajime yatate is a god of anime, and his gundam creation will never die out, and will always have a place in my anime heart.

Vic Viper
Sep 12th, 2002, 02:49 AM
just to let you guys know, Zeta Gundam will finally come to the U.S. next year.:cool:

heres some overview of the series:

What's Zeta Gundam about? Is it the best Gundam series or something? How is it so good?!

It is about 6~7 years after MSG. It portrays new characters and most of the old ones, this time the story concentrates on Camille Bidan.

Most fans, consider this to be the best Gundam series/story there is. It is good due to the fact that it portrays real war feel to it, characters can die, even the important ones, and most of all, it shows different perspectives of war. In the eyes of youngsters, in the eyes of loyalists and others too...

MADRUCKIS
Sep 12th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Z gundam huh?

Can't wait, sounds pretty intresting-thanx king_freak.

Well, I just peeped a thread shuttin down about Gundam stuff so I just wanna open this question up since thats what theyw ere on and it was a good topic.

We've all said our favorites-and everyone has their reason for choosin them-personality,gundam look, moves etc.

But lets get down to the nitty gritty.........
Who's better??????

I mean all the Gundam fighters are pretty mean and so.....
like Hylas liked Quatre-but to me I wouldn't ask the boy to watch my back on the battle field.

Who's THE gundam pilot-and lets talk pilots first before we mention the machines themselves.

Vic Viper
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS

But lets get down to the nitty gritty.........
Who's better??????

I mean all the Gundam fighters are pretty mean and so.....
like Hylas liked Quatre-but to me I wouldn't ask the boy to watch my back on the battle field.

Who's THE gundam pilot-and lets talk pilots first before we mention the machines themselves.

Universal Century
cant really say cause i havent seen all of the gundam series. out off all the series that ive watch, i guess it has to be between Amuro Ray or Char Aznable. amuro being a new type gives him excellent advantage over his opponent. and what else can i say about Char, they dont call him the Red Comet for no reason.

Alternate universe
ive only seen Gundam wing and Endlesswalts. currently watching G Gundam.
but i really like Zechs Marques(sp?) ability as a pilot.

MADRUCKIS
Sep 17th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Zechs is high on my list.

I would love to see The Lightning Baron vs. The Red Comet

They have many similarities that might make it a good fight.