PDA

View Full Version : Put Your Self In Substance

MakgSnake
Sep 3rd, 2002, 11:44 PM
Well Most Of U Would Already Know, But For People Who Dont, Its Time To Put Your Names In The "Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance". Yeah The DOG TAGS.

They Are Gonna Choose Names Again. And THOSE Names Will Be In ALL Versions Of MGS2:S

So Hurry Up As The Entries Will Be Closed By End Of Sept. Good Luck!.!

Register Your Name For The DOGTAG Now!.! (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/scripts/singlenews.php?newsid=1031012850,48815,)

Have Fun!.!

Frozen
Sep 4th, 2002, 04:22 AM
Thanks for showing us that thingy, Magk. I Applied. I wonder what criteria will they use to choose the names........ I guess it will be just a random thing (taking out first stupid jokes or names of celebrities, granted)

Beretta55
Sep 4th, 2002, 04:50 AM
awsome stuff MAKQ!! its almost is complete only if i could remember my blood type...damn...have to ask my parents or something:disturb:

merylsilverburg
Sep 4th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Hey! Thanks Makg!! :happy: I would like to register (though I might not be lucky enough to have my name in there :P) but I don't know my blood type. :heh:

Frozen
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Amazing how these peoples don't not know their own bloodtype. :shock: That is something as important as knowing your last names:nono: *slaps Meryl-chan and baretta* (I'm just kidding :laugh: )

But you can put a "?" in that field if you don't know your blood type, can't you?

Beretta55
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:34 PM
yea i asked i know what i am but im not telling!! hahahaha....but im going to put a fake name just for fun:laugh:

Frozen
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:36 PM
Yes, do that, and then probably it will get selected and then you would have lost that oportunity of having your name on it instead of the fake one. If that happened I would laugh in your face.

Beretta55
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
Yes, do that, and then probably it will get selected and then you would have lost that oportunity of having your name on it instead of the fake one. If that happened I would laugh in your face.
cant i just dont like handing out my last name im paranoid like that the interet is not a safe place dude adn BTW i put matt frost
matt is my real name and frost is from residentevil 1 aka joesph frost.

Frozen
Sep 6th, 2002, 01:04 AM
I respect the way you think about the internet, but I bet that Konami is too serious of a company to give your name out or something like that..... and even if someone evil or sick wanted to do something with it.... what could they? As long as you don't give all your personal info over the internet nothing should happen to you. ;)

Beretta55
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:26 AM
true plus i like the name matt frost better:cool:

Frozen
Sep 6th, 2002, 03:06 AM
You should better put Matt We.... :laugh:

Back to topic, anybody else has put their name in there? :D

Dark Angel
Sep 6th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Yep me, I'm just being boring and actually using *shock* my normal name etc, and I guessed my blood type, does it really matter? Do you think they'll do a blood test on everyone they pick?:sarcasm:

Frozen
Sep 8th, 2002, 01:37 AM
Of course they won't :D That does not really matter. It's jsut that a dog tag must have your real info, so, if you ever get shot and need someone to donate blood... they know what type to give you, otherwise your dead. but in a videogame of course it matters not. It jsut would suck to be selected and see that your blood type is different from your real one.

Dark Angel
Sep 8th, 2002, 02:35 PM
if you ever get shot and need someone to donate blood... they know what type to give you, otherwise your dead. but in a videogame of course it matters not.

:peoples:

Heh.....yeah well I think I knew that, but I tried to be in MGS2 as well, did the form and everything..maybe I'll get lucky this time.......maybe not :right:

MakgSnake
Sep 17th, 2002, 07:41 PM
it jsut would suck to be selected and see that your blood type is different from your real one.
Yeah I Agree On That. .... Imagine U GOT Selected And The INFO U Gave In Wasn't EVEN The Right One, Cause When U WERE Registering U Thought "Oh I WONT Get Selected, So I'll Just Play On WITH IT."

I Hope I Get Selected. But I Really Doubt. ............... I Wonder What TYPE Of Names THEY Choose. Is It A RANDOM Selection Or Do THEY Look At The NAMES And Analyze It's Pronounciation And Its Meaning And ALL!.! I Doubt

But If They CHOOSE Names Just Cause They SOUND More "Terrorist" Type. I Wouldn't Have A Problem Then!.! :disturb:

RobHardo
Sep 18th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Well I think they'll be choosing the names by how odd it sounds, like me my name is Robert, I hav ea less likely chance to get on than someone named Fred, Carlos, or even Nick. does anyone understand what I mean, like my name just doesnt seem to fit in it, but i still registered anyway

Daniel Legge
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:43 PM
i already put my name in Substance

Frozen
Sep 20th, 2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

But If They CHOOSE Names Just Cause They SOUND More "Terrorist" Type. I Wouldn't Have A Problem Then!.! :disturb:

:laugh: I'm sorry, but that was too funny. I mean no offense, though. I know what you mean, for my last name also comes kinda from that part of the world (middle east)

But you see, there were all sorts of names in MGS2........ a lot of asian names, as well as hispanic, and russian names...... if yours gets selected, it won't necessarily be just because it may sound like a "terrorist's" name, but just because fate happened to select it ^_^

Besides, arabic-like names are beautiful IMO... it's just that horrible ppl from over there decided to give them such an awful fame, but it doesn't mean your evil just because your from there or your heritage is from there.....

Believe me, I live a very, very similar situation to that.

Anyways, when is the "selection" supposed to be done?

MakgSnake
Sep 21st, 2002, 01:18 AM
I know what you mean, for my last name also comes kinda from that part of the world (middle east)

Hey, What Is Your Last Name, If U Dont Mind Telling Me!.!

Andi
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:08 PM
I've put my name down!:roll: