PDA

View Full Version : Troubble with the network adaptor

nadesico15823
Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:14 PM
Hello my ISP is currently SHAW.ca (or shaw@home) and was wondering i cant get my network adaptor to work , anyone else on shaw have this problem?

RobHardo
Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:25 PM
anyone wanna place a bet on how long this guy stays?

nadesico15823
Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:26 PM
and just whats that suppose to mean :/

RobHardo
Sep 3rd, 2002, 08:27 PM
hehe sorry, we've had a lot of people coming through the forums lately asking for help getting it and never to be seen again, but maybe your different

merylsilverburg
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:15 PM
Well, I don't know the answer to your question unfortunately, maybe someone else can help. But I just wanted to say that I don't think it was necessary for you to double post this question in the "Playstation 2 FAQ" and "General Chat" forums.

And also, Solid: Snake, please don't try to offend new members who just want some help.

Carlito
Sep 4th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Solid: Snake, it's not your work to talk like this to newbies. Stop replying to their threads when they're asking for help if you have nothing useful to say. This is supposed to be a place when newbies can sign-up simply to ask help, they don't have to post 600 times to be accepted and receive help to solve their problems with their console, ok? Stop it.

Nadesico, I'll move this to PS2 FAQ Forum, where you will receive more appropriate replies.

bellsdelsol
Sep 4th, 2002, 07:58 AM
I believe this has been a common problem with the cable internet. First I have to ask is your isp a cable internet provider? If the answer is yes, Do you have a router or are you running straight to the adapter? For some reason the cable internet needs to be run through a router for them to work correctly with some cable isp's. There was an article about this and another follow up article on psxnation.

Here is the first article: http://www.psxnation.com/news/newsstory?idnumber=001295

Here is the follow up article: http://www.psxnation.com/news/newsstory?idnumber=001298

Hope that helps:P

Ninja
Sep 4th, 2002, 05:54 PM
am I one of those ppl that come and go?

RobHardo
Sep 4th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Sorry, couldnt help myself carlito, wont happen again, oh yeah i bet this thread shall be closed