PDA

View Full Version : Friends...

Yuna
Aug 28th, 2002, 03:28 PM
I found this quite an interesting topic.
Originally it wasn't started by me, but by this guy:

"I know many of u have friends that care about you,but some of us don't. Is it really worth wasting your time with friends?they never care about you, everytime they need help, u help them and what do u get in return? nothing. friends suck. once they find anothere friend...they forget all about you."

Here's my view on friends...as far as they are friends. :peoples:

Depends what kind of person you are.
My brother, for one, wants friends really badly, but most of his "friends" so far have betrayed him. :rolleyes:
I on the other hand, do not really *need* friends anymore.
I've grown a bit of a loner on the friends part. (This is probably due to my living in a country where I was heavily discriminated against)
Of course, having friends is nice :), but you can live without them, too. You have to be able to be independent in life.
A friend, in my opinion, is someone who can cry and laugh with you, and will never backstab, betray, tell lies about you or whatever. Those kind of friends can be rare, but they're there. :)

Killuminati
Aug 28th, 2002, 05:19 PM
i cant imagine a life without my buds. every night im out ridin my BMX chillin with my buds or some chicks...cant imagine a different life

MakgSnake
Aug 28th, 2002, 05:31 PM
I Know Alot Of People. Who CALL Me Their Friends. Cause I HELP Them. U Know I Help Them Out In Some Ways And All. (Nothing Major Ofcrouse) But.... Then I Seriously Dont Ask Help From Them. Only When Its Ergent Or Something Like That!.!

I Meet With Alot Of People. HangOut And Go To Parties And All, But I Dont Call Any Of Em My Friends. They Are People I Talk To And Have Fun. (U Can Talk And Have Fun With A Stranger Too, As Long As He/She Has Same Intrests) So Yeah.... I Dont Call Them My Friends. Cause People In This World Really Dont Know The True Meaning Of Friends.

Out Of Soo Many Freaking People I Know. I Call In 2 People ONLY My Great Friends. One Lives In Pakistan And One Lives In The Middle East. (As Both Use To Live Near By My House When I Was In The Middle East) So We All Are Apart Now.

So If I Meet Up With Anyone And Start Hanging Out With Someone Doesn't Mean THEY Are My Friends. They Are My Fellow People, Who I Chill With.

True Meaning Of Friends Is Very Hard To Search!.! The Defination Is Never Ending In Other Words!.!

Pu the Owl
Aug 29th, 2002, 06:29 AM
Not all the persons you know or all the persons you help or meet can be or are friends. People often call others friends just because they hang out together or because they're in the same class, at school. They'd probably need to choose more carefully which words to use.

As for me, I had friends, but they were all so busy when I needed any kind of support. Some of them acted in a cruel way after more than 10 years of "friendship". I can't call them friends anymore, or it could seem I'm a stupid. I don't care if they're gone and if they're no more with me, because I prefer to be left alone, than being with people who only think about you when they have favours to ask or when they have to solve their problems. I have really few friends, because now I choose them more carefully :disturb:

Cannibal Clown
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:33 AM
i feel the same as Makg. Friends aren't just people you get along with, they must be something deeper than that. Someone who you can trust, share openly what's on your mind, and not be afraid of rejection from them. I have many peopoe who i get along with, and some of them who might actually like me a lot, but i don't consider them my friends, just people who i can hold a long and understanding conversation with.

All in all, i have four really good friends. Three of them post here, and one of em i work with, then there is one other good friend who i've grown fond of over the internet. So i guess i have five peoplr who i can truely call friends.

There are many more who would call me a friend, but even if to them, i am a good friend, to me they are just someone who i enjoy to be around from time to time. They may be cool, and enjoyable to be with, but just don't add up to be a good friend.

Vic Viper
Aug 29th, 2002, 09:34 AM
all i can say is, "no man/women is an island";)

Soul Angel
Aug 29th, 2002, 05:07 PM
I have to agree with Makg and Cannibal, that friends aren't just people who you hang around with and that it is something deeper.

For me I can find it hard to tell when someone is a friend or just some person who you just seem to hang around with, I think in some ways I've let to find a true friend who I could really count on and really talk to when I have something on my mind, which was troubling me

merylsilverburg
Aug 29th, 2002, 08:08 PM
I agree with the people who already posted. What annoys me is when people use the word "friend" only when you help them out or just happen to be nice to them and all. A long time ago, I felt generous and gave out some candy canes during Christmas and this one girl said "Thanks! You're a true friend." Despite me being in a good mood, I wanted to smack her because of what she said. It was totally false and I knew she didn't mean it, but I was just annoyed that she used the word so nonchanantly. Friends are really hard to come by and I mean true friends. I learned a long time ago that using the word "friend" can be very bad which is why I don't mind being alone and why I don't get too close to anyone. I currently am talking to this girl and she considers me her friend, just because I listen to her problems and try to help her out. But, I don't consider her my friend, since I know that she'll bail on me if I ever need help. Finding true friends is almost a myth...mainly because there really isn't any true true friends IMO. I learned that a long time ago too.

Frozen
Aug 30th, 2002, 12:13 AM
I guess I think the same way that Meryl-chan, Fortune and Makg think about this matter. As for now that I have been away from everyone I knew, I have found out that only one of those so called friends is actually a true one. That guy, of course, is someone I have known is my friend since long ago, but I have just realised recently that he is actually THE ONLY ONE who still cares about me.

The rest of people I know can just be described as meryl and Makg describe them. However, I am not that choosy with people.... I just let them come in, but I don't actually give them too much from me..... only through time, when I find they are worthy, then I begin to give them more appreciation thant usual, bla bla bla.....

However, I may add, that a true friend does not have to be "perfect" A friend can also do s*** to you from time to time, because they are all humans after all and humans will never stop making mistakes. Such mistakes, of course, have their limits.

Pu the Owl
Aug 30th, 2002, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Frozen

However, I may add, that a true friend does not have to be "perfect" A friend can also do s*** to you from time to time, because they are all humans after all and humans will never stop making mistakes. Such mistakes, of course, have their limits.

The problem is that some "friends" think that when they make mistakes, every kind of mistakes, you'll automatically forgive them for the only reason they're your friends. Something like the behaviour of parents with sons (whatever you'll do, your parents will be angry for some time and then back to normality). Mistakes are humans and, as Frozen said, they have limits: it means that seeing your friend doesn't really care about making mistakes, you can't expect anything good from this person.

Beretta55
Aug 31st, 2002, 09:15 AM
i dont have many friends i have my 3 close friends i knew since second grade so we are close friends. but people i talk to in the hall i pefer them as distant friends i dont hang out them after school or anything i just talk to them in the hall and stuff like that. plus i usally like to be left alone...im very strange.

Lost_myth
Aug 31st, 2002, 10:55 AM
I agree with you ppl. Friends make mistakes and I've had my share. Nothing too horrible. lol... gives you a laugh when you realize how dumb some stuff was.

I have about three good friends. One, I almost forgot about her cause she lives farther away. She calls me all the time, I'm kinda slow that way.

Two of them are like sisters. And the other one I've known for about my whole life and she's a good school friend but I don't see her that much in the summer, about three times.
Been friends with Helen about 13 yrs and Nicole and Chrissy (like sisters) 5 and 6 yrs.

And then there's this one dude... lol... He's a good friend. ;) I've known him for sort of a short time. Don't tell him... but I kinda think he's awesome... lol shhhh...

I really don't care who calls me friend. I find it funny. "Ook, whatever." If they are being sarcastic I'll be like "Nice one."