PDA

View Full Version : Queen Of Dammed!

AudioBoxer
Aug 24th, 2002, 04:37 PM
I was wondering who here has seen this movie?

I just got done watching it and I thought it rocked, If you like Goths ( I Dont) and Hard Rock, and Vampires this movie is for you, The movie doesnt really get started till the middle, but the movie is still totally kickin!

Lost_myth
Aug 24th, 2002, 04:54 PM
I was going to go see it, but I never did. Maybe I will now.

AsylumEscapee
Aug 24th, 2002, 04:54 PM
I saw a preview the other day that said "the queen of the dammed lives".
Which is funny, cause she doesn't. Irony.

RexNorton
Aug 26th, 2002, 01:00 AM
eh, i didn't think it was all that good.

BlackThornn
Aug 26th, 2002, 09:48 AM
I was going to see it but it was pulled from the theaters too freakin' early.

Something about Aaliyah's family not liking seeing thier daughter portrayed as a vampire AFTER her death. :sarcasm: I grieve for thier loss, but it's a movie folks.

I'm gonna snag the DVD, 'cause I actually heard it was okay. Plus I'm kinda a sucker for cool vampire stuff, and the first Anne Rice movie (Interview With a Vampire) was cool.

AudioBoxer
Aug 26th, 2002, 09:27 PM
ya it is good, I dont want to give it away for you but something bad happens to her so thats why. OOOHH ya and dont pick up the DVD to buy, rent it, I think it is a 1-2 time watcher only!!

Beretta55
Aug 26th, 2002, 09:41 PM
meh...i might rent it im not a big vampire buff...interview with a vampire was like the only one i liked so i might rent this moive.

merylsilverburg
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:02 PM
Forgive me for bringing such an old thread back, but I just wanted to say that I saw this film and I thought it wasn't so good. :disturb: When I first saw the trailer for it I was so excited because I loved the first movie "Interview with a Vampire", but I became very disappointed after seeing this film. Stuart Townsend, the guy who plays Lestat, did an awful job with Lestat's character. Lestat is supposed to be this arrogant and smug vampire, (as seen in the first film, done brillantly by Tom Cruise) but this Stuart guy was nowhere near arrogant at all. Yes, he does look like a Goth rocker and he got the whole image done well, but there's just something about him that makes him so "non-Lestat". And, his accent kept going away then coming back again and changing too. :peoples: If he couldn't keep it, then maybe he shouldn't have done one at all. Aaliyah did a good job being the Queen, but she didn't really have such a powerful role, IMO. The rest of the cast was kinda bland and it was cool and Gothic, but it wasn't how I imagined it to be.

Damn Sniper
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:24 AM
I read The Vampire Chronicles, all 5 books, 3 times each. They messed up the storyline so bad with Queen of the Damned it shouldn't have even been called that. And since when were vampires described as looking like heroin addicts with 5 o'clock shadows?? And also Lestat was supposed to have Blonde hair and blue eyes, Tom Cruise put on a wig and contacts to fit the part, why couldn't the guy in QotD do the same? I thought Interview with the Vampire was an excellent book to movie translation, but man did they mess up with the sequel.

Forgive me for criticizing the movie so harshly, but I'm a big fan of the book and I think they did a horrible, absolutely horrible job with the movie.

merylsilverburg
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Damn Sniper
I read The Vampire Chronicles, all 5 books, 3 times each. They messed up the storyline so bad with Queen of the Damned it shouldn't have even been called that. And since when were vampires described as looking like heroin addicts with 5 o'clock shadows?? And also Lestat was supposed to have Blonde hair and blue eyes, Tom Cruise put on a wig and contacts to fit the part, why couldn't the guy in QotD do the same? I thought Interview with the Vampire was an excellent book to movie translation, but man did they mess up with the sequel.

Forgive me for criticizing the movie so harshly, but I'm a big fan of the book and I think they did a horrible, absolutely horrible job with the movie.

Yes!! That's exactly what I wanted to say but I just couldn't find the right words. :D Since I never read the Vampire Chronicles, I didn't know whether or not Queen of the Damned had Goth vampires and all, but from what you're saying, it seems like it's not. I feel sorry for Anne Rice since they ruined the movie so bad it makes the book itself look horrible, when I'm pretty sure it's much, much better. I also agree that with you that the guy in Queen of the Damned should've put blue contacts and a blonde wig in because Tom Cruise really did a splendid job with the first film and portrayed Lestat perfectly.