PDA

View Full Version : David Blaine

merylsilverburg
Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:49 PM
Okay, has anyone here heard of David Blaine, that Street Magician guy? He's becoming very famous and popular and articles of him have been written in the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and USA Today and maybe more. You may have seen him on TV performing his "Frozen Man" stunt because Entertainment Tonight and the news went to film him and he did this stunt in Times Square in N.Y. with many viewers watching. His magic is absolutely mind-blowing. He doesn't do your typical "stage and audience" performance; he actually goes on the street in different states and cities and does his magic to ordinary people. I'm telling you...he honestly has some kind of weird powers or something, because he was able to bring a dead pigeon back to life, he was able to read people's minds, and he does this amazing card trick where he asks someone to write their name on a card, put it back in the deck, then throws it in the air and the card somehow was stuck inside a beer bottle the people were close to. I mean, it was a brief moment, so there's no way someone could've grabbed that card and stuffed it in, there's no way. Seriously, this guy is good...I hope someone here has heard of him.

007_JamesBond
Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:54 PM
yeah I have heard of him he cheats, lol, he is pretty good though quite interesting, I saw that frozen stunt that he did a while back

Killuminati
Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:01 PM
he is absolutley amazing...everytime i see somethin he does i get thick confused

merylsilverburg
Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Xiliphore
he is absolutley amazing...everytime i see somethin he does i get thick confused

Right, right! I just recently purchased a DVD on the best of his three shows and the "Frozen Man" stunt and after I finished, I was completely mind-boggled and :shock:.

Gadzoox
Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:27 PM
That guy is cool!! I originally thought this was about David Bowie. David Bowie is cooler. :)

Lost_myth
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:43 PM
I wish I heard of him. That sounds tight. I don't really watch magic stuff like that, I used to when I was younger. Maybe I've grown out of it? Who knows, but I'd like to see this guy. He doesn't have a website does he?

Infernal Mass
Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:51 PM
did he stay in the block of ice..for as long as he intended? Or was he cut free beforehand. He does some crazy stunts..a true testament to how much the human body can endure.

REChick14
Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:42 PM
I've heard of him. He also had to stand on top of this thing like a couple of stories high and stay there for some time. He also was on trl a while back. He ate a piece of string and pulled it out of his navel belly button. It was pretty neat. I hope to see more of his tricks.

BlackThornn
Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:52 PM
I know this guy.. He's so trippy to watch.. First time I saw him I was pretty ripped, and I was boggled for days, literally. *chuckles*

He brought a dead pidgeon back to life.. O_O?! Man.. and I just thought he could float and stuff. I need to snag that DVD. :D

DragonSphere
Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:09 AM
I've seen only one of his shows, but man....he performs some crazy sh!t! I really like how he "floats" and does all those clever card tricks, but I've missed some of his more recent stunts lately. Does anyone know if he has another show coming up?

Vic Viper
Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:20 AM
most of his tricks are mind boggling, specially when his doing his card tricks......

though im not buying that whole levitating trick.

Any of you guys seen "The Secretes of magic revealed" on fox?

they show how that levitating trick was done.....

Frozen
Aug 23rd, 2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox
That guy is cool!! I originally thought this was about David Bowie. David Bowie is cooler. :)

Where the hell is the comparisson between that singer and this magician? :laugh:

He sounds fantastic. I think I've seen the Frozen Man stunt before, I'm not too sure about it but I saw something like that before so that's gotta be him. I gotta check it out because I love those "magic things" but I rarely see them :happy:

Killuminati
Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by BlackThornn
[B]I know this guy.. He's so trippy to watch.. First time I saw him I was pretty ripped, and I was boggled for days, literally. *chuckles*

haha i also watched it when i was ripped and holy shit i've never been more tripped or confused in my life...this was after like smokin half an oz of weed with my buddies...shit that was a fun night...

Gadzoox
Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

Where the hell is the comparisson between that singer and this magician? :laugh:

David Bowie?! Well David Blaine almost looks (the name) like Bowie, especially when i'm listening to him and ...oh give up. ;)

Infernal Mass
Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:23 PM

David Bowie?! Well David Blaine almost looks (the name) like Bowie, especially when i'm listening to him and ...oh give up. ;) :laugh:

Frozen
Aug 24th, 2002, 03:19 AM

David Bowie?! Well David Blaine almost looks (the name) like Bowie, especially when i'm listening to him and ...oh give up. ;)

LMAO

OK, OK XD

BACK ON TOPIC......

Abolished Plan

After the "frozen alive", he said he will receive a shot on the chest, with nothing over it, fall on the ground, remove the bullet, and go away walking! Sound a little risky? Not to worry, he explains, “I’ve been working in the gym several hours a day, doing ancient Chinese exercises involving energy transferal through the muscles.” By strengthening his body and mind, he intends to “stop” the bullet with his body. The following year he hopes to be tied upside down off the side of a building 10 stories above a sidewalk.

Now, has he already done that? :shock: Or is he still to do it? Damn, now, that would, more than surprise me, completely freak me out!!!

EDIT: Now that I look at the title of that article, "Abolished Plan", does that mean he won't do it? Now I'm feeling stupid but I want to know! XD

merylsilverburg
Aug 24th, 2002, 04:12 AM
Blue3vilx: Well, the guy doesn't have an official website, but if you go here (http://www.davidblaine.com) you can subscribe to a newsletter that gives info on his latest shows, merchandise, events, and all. There's even a forum too.

Kabuki: Yeah, he stayed in the block of ice for 3 days...just like he intended. He was in pretty bad shape afterwards..he was all thin and stuff and I think he had to be hospitalized for a while.

REChick: I wish I saw that when he stood on top of that pillar! I missed it. :( But yeah, that belly button thing was unbelievable...I'm so boggled!

BlackThornn: Yup, he brought a dead pigeon back to life. What's even more scarier is the fact that when he was in the process, there's a squirrel in the background that actually came towards him and looked at what he was doing. o_O;;; Usually animals run away from people, but not from him. Oh and besides the pigeon, he also brought a fly back to life. No joke.

DragonSphere: Man, I don't know when he has a new show coming up, sorry. :(

king_freak: Yeah, I know what you're talking about...but...um....the levitating thing is kinda different with him. After he does it..he always seems to get really sick and coughs a lot or has pain in his side or seems kinda...dazed. I mean..it really seems like he actually..has some power that made him float. Plus, in the DVD, in the section called "David Blaine: Unseen" he got really sick and had a sharp pain in his side and called for some help.

Frozen: I have no idea about that article you read..I never heard anything of that, so I'm not sure if he already did it, if he didn't, or if the plan was scrapped in the end.