PDA

View Full Version : So apparently...

Gadzoox
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:29 PM
Each DVD you play on a PS2 messes it up more and more. Is this true? My ex who worked at a gaming store claims it.
I want to know if I should stop and go VHS or a DVD player.

Have any of you heard similar tales or had the problem?
It sounds dumb to me because most games HAVE a DVD video in them, like when they play the movie sequences. :confused:

Thanks.

Harry
Aug 23rd, 2002, 06:17 AM
Never heard about this problem. Sure, if you put a DVD covered with dust and Coca Cola into your Ps2 this could cause some serious problem, but the Ps2 works just fine with DVDs.

Gadzoox
Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:36 PM
Really? GOOD! Thanks Harry!! :happy:

Damn Sniper
Sep 10th, 2002, 12:15 PM
I think your ex is talking about wearing out the hardware, she's just oversimplifying. The DVD lens burnout rumor was circulating around GameFAQs for a while, but it was disproved many times over. Your PS2 lens will last as long as any DVD player as long as you take care of it. A lot of people knock them off the table and wonder why it broke, just remember a DVD lazer is very precise, and if it is misaligned from shock, or even a cheap lens cleaner, it will have problems.

Frozen
Sep 13th, 2002, 03:42 PM
Which lens cleaners do you recommend us to use Damn Sniper?

hijakedGTR
Oct 29th, 2002, 09:45 PM
try not to use cleaners at all, if you clean the discs regularly u should have no reason to have to clean the lens

twiztidfreak69er
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:14 AM
Also anouther thing I herd about dvd plaers & ps2 when hooked up to a VCR will scramble it and the dvds wont work right so if your planing on watching dvds dont hook it up to a vcr

twiztidfreak69er
Nov 26th, 2002, 04:34 AM
heh I dont even remember putting up that last post there......

ToxicUK
Apr 30th, 2003, 03:46 PM
1 - The PS2 has macrovision like all dvd players so of course it wont work through a VCR properley

2 - You must have been drunk when you posted...:roll: