PDA

View Full Version : Onimusha 2

Ninja
Aug 21st, 2002, 06:36 PM
What the hell is that game about? has any1 played the game? what do u think about it? Is it the same as the first one????

Pu the Owl
Aug 21st, 2002, 06:48 PM
Why don't you post the threads where they should be posted? This belongs to Action/Adventure, not to General Chat.

MakgSnake
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:13 PM
Didn't Buy The First One :P So Have No Idea What This Game Is Going To Be About. But I Am Really Intrested In It!.!

RobHardo
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:25 PM
I never really got into Onimusha, well i did just get my ps2 3 months ago

Frozen
Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:22 AM
Onimusha Warlords has to be a game I really love. I own and I have finished it, it was very short, and easy, unfortunately, but real fun and interesting.

I think that the best way to describe it is as a survival horror game (although it is not a little bit scary, at all) You have to fight demons mainly, using swords mainly, and some other weapons remoted to the feudal Japan era (I may be wrong, though) You also use magic within these swrods, and well, what can I say, is just a badass game.. specially if you like stuff related to Samurais.

I still have not even seen Onimusha 2, all I know is that it's set like 20 years after the events on the first Onimusha game. It is hoped that Onimusha 2 surpasses both in graphics, gameplay and plot the first game.

I knnow for sure that I will buy it. ot yet as I still have some games to finish off first :laugh:

But I do highly recommend to play the first one before the second :)

jbaseley
Aug 22nd, 2002, 02:33 AM
I've seen a video of onimusha 2 on a demo disk it looks cool and im thinking of buying the first one mainly because its platinum and someone reccommended it to me.

Just a question does the first onimusha have extras and is there harder difficulty levels becuase i like a challenge with my games.

merylsilverburg
Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:44 AM
Well, basically, Onimusha 2 takes place just a decade after the first game and Akechi, Samanosuke, Onimusha's first hero, has disappeared. The villain of Onimusha, Oda, Nobunaga has reappeared and sent demons to destroy the towns. They attacked the new hero Yagyu, Jubei's village, so he went off to find and destroy Nobunaga. You honestly have to play the first game in order to understand the the sequel's story a little better. As Jubei, you'll be able to revisit the castle, which was the main setting for the first game. However, some sections of the castle are either blocked or destroyed, so you'll be able to discover and explore new sections of the same castle. Along with Jubei, there are four comrades to help battle against Nobunaga and because of the 4 members, there's a new "trading system". Basically, you trade in the items you obtained for better equipment or items at stores and by giving them to a certain member earns you their trust and assistance. At least that's what I read. Personally, I can't wait to get this game, since I really enjoyed the first and I want to know what happened to Samanosuke if there's any info on him.
Did you guys know that the Japanese man Jubei was an actual historical figure in ancient Japan? There had been countless stories of him, either he had an eye-patch or not. Some animes even had him "cameo", like Ninja Scroll and Jubei-chan: Ninja Girl who is the ancestor of Jubei and wears the eye-patch. I think that's pretty interesting, but I forgot which mag I read this in. :P

merylsilverburg
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by goodman
I just rented Omnimusha 2 and Socom over at Blockbuster on a rent one get one free. So i got both games for $6.00, and i get to keep them a week. Gonna be a Blockbuster Labor Day weekend. Everbody have a good one!!

Arrghh...you're so lucky, goodman. My little town haven't got anything in, so I didn't see Onimusha 2 anywhere. :( Please tell us how it is after you give it a try. :)

Beretta55
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:32 PM
i saw the game in action cause one of my friends reserved it and the next day he brought it over and it was awsome!! but today i rented it i havent played it yet cause i wanted to try mario sunshine so i will try it soon.

Beretta55
Aug 31st, 2002, 03:55 AM
i played the game for 3 hours tonight...and i think its one of the greatest games ever!! but making friends is the hard part they all want something!! greedy basterds!!:laugh: but its a fun game overall i think everyone should try it.

DragonSphere
Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:48 AM
I really liked the first one and I'm sure the second game has some good improvements. Gonna pick up my own copy as soon as I get the chance.