PDA

View Full Version : Nba Street

jbaseley
Aug 20th, 2002, 01:26 AM
Whats this game like i saw it down at my local games store for a cheap AUS$50. I played the demo but want to know what the full version is like on PS2.
Thanks.

RichHo
Aug 20th, 2002, 08:17 AM
nba street sucks serious ass! if uve ever read ne of its reveiews ull kno that its really poor.....do not get it! get nba 2003 or summin instead if u must

Spank-A-Thon
Aug 20th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by jbaseley
Whats this game like i saw it down at my local games store for a cheap AUS$50. I played the demo but want to know what the full version is like on PS2.
Thanks. If you like SSX Tricky there is a fair chance you will like NBA Street as it's also part of EA's 'BIG' brand.

I personally think it's lot of fun if somewhat short-lived as a one player experience. The best way to think of it is as NBA Jam: The Next Generation.

It's very much a tongue-in-cheek bball game. If you want a serious game of basketball I wouldn't recommend it - but it you liked the over-the-top attitude of the NBA Jam series then I can whole-heartedly recommend it!

- S

jbaseley
Aug 21st, 2002, 12:56 AM
Thanks guys

RichHo
Aug 21st, 2002, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by jbaseley
Thanks guys

No problem.......by the way, SSX Tricky is one of the coolest games to grace the PS2 to date!

Joe
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:04 PM
This is the greatest street/arcade basketball game of all time. Hands down.

Vicious_2003
Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:07 AM
I rented it a long time ago and had but loads of fun with it, really fun game

RichHo
Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:48 AM
I rented out NBA Street last night, and I take back what i said before, t is a really cool game....Im hooked! Before I had only played the demo, but now Ive played the full version I actually really like it.

lowdru2k2
Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:21 PM
Me and my friend rented it on his PS2 and we had alot of fun. There are so many crossovers, dunks, lay ups, pass's, its a kick ass game. If you like basketball video games, or play real street basketball you will love this game. This is the most fun I have had playing a basketball game in a long time. The graphics are ok but could have used some work. The And 1 tapes are great and fun to watch, its just amazing how they put all these And 1 moves in the game and the animations are well done. My other friend also got it on X-Box and it cleans up the graphics a little but still doesn't make em great, and pluss you can listen to your own music. I will probably buy this one day its alot of fun.

lowdru2k2
Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:22 PM
Lol my bad I was talking about Street Hoops, its alot better than NBA Street check it out sometime.

dEEb0
Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:46 PM
nba street is a great game, very entertaining

i just saw it's one of playstation's "hits" now in the US, only $20

Beretta55
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:05 PM
its a good game i rented it first then got hooked on it a couple days later i got it....so its a overall fun game i suggest you rent it to see if you like it.