PDA

View Full Version : So whos played Timesplitters 2 then?

Daniel Legge
Aug 18th, 2002, 12:36 PM
I was just wonderin whos played the demo of 'splitters 2' cos i got it today and.............. its truely amazing.

U can only play one level (which is a story mode level,the damn level) it is brillient tho, u start off with a sniper rifle and handgun.
there are various objectives to complete, but i cant member them all. anyway it is a huge level with loads of things to do and no framerate slowdown(even with mulitiple enimies on screen).

it takes a long time to complete this level, there are secondry objectives a long the way to keep u busy.

Anyway jus wonderin if anyone else has played it

if u wanna know n e thing then just ask

MakgSnake
Aug 18th, 2002, 01:49 PM
I Have The DEMO Of TS2. It Was Pretty Nice. Infact I Have Both The Demos The Old One And The New One.

The Old Demo Had A Different SniperRifle But I Like This New ONE. Its Better.

And Yeah The Graphics Are Amazing. But I Hate The FACT That Its Not An Online GAME Anymore. How Embarassing!.!

And Yes Even The Old Demo Was Loong. Just Like This One, But I Guess That Old One Was Harder. .................. I Love The "Tracking" Device In The New DEMO. But Now I Am Stuck Somewhere. I Think.

I'll Buy This Game.......... I Will ........ If Not Soon. Later For Sure!

Daniel Legge
Aug 19th, 2002, 02:43 AM
im not bothered its not online (which by the way, the only reason for is that the PS2 is not internet ready yet) its more fun to play with your mates.

where are u stuck, i got to a bit where i didnt know what i had to do, its the bit where u have to destroy something in the mine but i dunno how.

still its a great game tho

jjmoohead
Aug 19th, 2002, 11:40 AM
that was not the reason for scratching online play dude. Its not going online for any system from what was reported. it was a developer decision and not related to ps2's online release date of 8 days from now.

Tony Hawk 3 is online capable and its been out for a long time now, so it makes no sence as to why that would be the case for TS2

Daniel Legge
Aug 19th, 2002, 12:28 PM
it is the reason for the english version as we dont have a date for going online yet. I read it in an interview with one of the programers for timesplitters 2.

the reason THPS3 was online was because it didnt use a PS2 harddrive, u cud do it useing an USB modem and ethernet adapter. Its the developer choice as to wheather or not to use the same system as THPS3, maybe they didnt have time before the release or didnt think it was a good idea due to some technical reasons.

Infernal Mass
Aug 20th, 2002, 01:43 AM
I just got the xbox version demo yesterday..

The whole Siberian snow setting stirred up memories from the first level of Goldeneye..although the graphics are much sweeter now. Excellent frame rate, great sound ..all in all a very well developed Fps game from Eidos. I'll be adding this title to the library.

Daniel Legge
Aug 20th, 2002, 02:56 AM
Well it sounds very similar to the PS2 version.
i think im going to get Timesplitters 2 as well.

Infernal Mass
Aug 24th, 2002, 12:09 AM
I keep getting killed by the special forces that're dispatched after destroying the biohazard container.

:disturb:

I need some more practice. This game/demo is great

:shock:

Daniel Legge
Aug 25th, 2002, 02:17 PM
How do u destroy the biohazard thing cos i cudnt figure it out.

Infernal Mass
Aug 25th, 2002, 05:14 PM
use the timed mines. On the lower back side(where it says biohazard and or silver part on the lower frontside side of the container.) It takes about four of them.

After you destroy it.. things get kinda crazy.

Beretta55
Aug 25th, 2002, 06:34 PM
i havent play the demo yet............*cries and then run's away* jk jk but this game sounds great.