PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card - Currupted data

AsylumEscapee
Aug 18th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Back when I bought my PS2, the only memory card they had in EBgames was used, so I bought it. Now I'm regreting it.

In the memory card browser screen I have a blue block (what used to be a FF10 save) titled Currupted date. When I try to delete it, it reads "Delete failed". Am I doomed to have an ugly blue cube in my memory card forever?

happy_doughnut
Aug 21st, 2002, 02:47 PM
Ah, the same thing happened to me a while back.
The only difference was that my MC was new, or at least, that's what they said. It worked fine and whatnot at first, but after a while those -corrupted data cubes- started invading the the slots.
Unfortunately, I don't think that you can possibly fix this as you can't save, delete or use any other valid function when that cube is there.

So, yes, you lucked out on this one, Strife :)

AsylumEscapee
Aug 21st, 2002, 07:13 PM
What the devil is this? Currupted data!?
It's probably due to general 3rd party crappyness, they're the devil.

happy_doughnut
Aug 21st, 2002, 07:34 PM
It was authentic, actually. It wasn't possible for me to return it since they were ranting on how I had already used it and so forth.

The 3rd party MC are absolutely horrid. IF they decide to work, it probably will only be for a temporary amount of time.

In short : Everyone just sucks :mad:

AsylumEscapee
Aug 21st, 2002, 07:44 PM
I want one of those neato upcoming hard drives. :disgust:

Harry
Aug 23rd, 2002, 06:23 AM
Memory Cards might have these problems when:

1. You unplug them from the Ps2 and you leave them exposed to dust with no protection.
2. You unplug them while a game is saving.
3. They were defective from the beginning.

Anyhow, speaking of 3rd party memory cards, it's not true that they're not good. Honestly, we use both original Memory cards and a lot of 3rd party ones, especially Kemco 8MB memory cards, and they are just perfect.

Ninja
Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:50 PM
I've only got one sollution, open your MC and check it out, my PS1 MC got messed up and erased 125 hours of FF7, 56 hours on FF9, and 87 hours on FF8. If you see that there is lil black stuff on it GO AHEAD AND SCRATCH IT OFF its ok noffin hapens plus wut do u have to loose? right? hope this solves your Questionoh the lil black thangs mostly appear in the part where hooked 2 your PS2

Frozen
Sep 13th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Harry, that depends on the company you buy from.. probably those Kemco MC's are good quality, but as for any others I have seen, those 3rd party MC's are really worthless. I guess it's just a matter of knowing whom should you buy from. (I'm repeating myself :P )

Actually that corrupted data appeared as well in my PS 2 MC.... but those were actually several photos I took in MGS 2. When I erased those cubes, my photos were erased as well.... I took more photos, and more cubes appeared again :laugh:

I guess that in that case they were not corrupted data, but the PS2 recognized them as such.

lemonhead_007
Feb 22nd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Memory Cards might have these problems when:

1. You unplug them from the Ps2 and you leave them exposed to dust with no protection.
2. You unplug them while a game is saving.
3. They were defective from the beginning.

Anyhow, speaking of 3rd party memory cards, it's not true that they're not good. Honestly, we use both original Memory cards and a lot of 3rd party ones, especially Kemco 8MB memory cards, and they are just perfect.

but how do i fix the data so i can use it

Soul Angel
Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:32 PM
From as far as I know lemonhead_007, once the data is corrupted you can't retrieve it again and there's no way to fix the problem.

DragonSphere
Jun 11th, 2005, 08:08 PM
yea...thats pretty much true....I had to reformat my memory card lately and let me tell you, a whole lot of RPGs (like Xenosaga, FFX) and valuable hours are now gone :weep: