PDA

View Full Version : Serial Experiments lain questions ? *spoilers inside*

Black Heart
Aug 5th, 2002, 06:58 PM
I'd like to ask some questions, just to be sure I got some basic points of the whole series and to satisfy my curiosity:

1- Who's Lain creator and why was Lain created?
2- Does anybody know in the series that Lain is a software?
3- Is Masami Eiri really the God of the wired or is it just him who pretends to be God in order to force Lain to leave her "real" existance and live only in the wired?
4- What's the role of Iwakura Yasuo in the story, apart from being Lain's "father"?
5- Is Iwakura Mika the real daughter of Yasuo and Miho?
6- Is it true that the whole series has lots of hidden messages?

Rei
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:00 PM
It's been a long time since the last time I've watched Lain, so don't worry if some of my answers are not very accurate.

1- Lain is a software created by Tachibana labs, where Masami Eiri works. But the fact is that, at least from what I remember, it's not Eiri to create Lain (as he says to her) but Tachibana, to fight Eiri's power over the wired.
2- Probably yes.
3- Eiri is a "self-proclaimed" God. He's the first to "abandon his flesh" because he thinks in the wired he doesn't need a body. He also thinks that real life is a mere hologram of the existance in the wired. He's called "God" mainly because he starts recruiting other people who commit "suicide" (like Chisa-chan and other characters of the series) in order to exist only in the wired. He's capable of great power of persuasion and he tries to convince Lain as well more than once, knowing her great abilities (as said above, because she's not a human being, but a software).
4- Yasuo works together with Eiri at Tachibana labs.
5- I don't know, but from what you can see she's probalby not the daughter of Miho and Yasuo, mainly because they don't seem to be husband and wife.
6- Yeah, the whole series is filled with hidden messages regarding computers (mainly Macs). The creators of this series are probably very well informed about computer matters.

Hylas
Aug 6th, 2002, 11:11 AM
I don't think Mika is the real daughter of Miho and Yasuo. From their words it seems that they're not really married, at least from thir words it seems they're like actors hired for the experiment. Yasuo was more directly involved because he was a worker for Tachibana, but regarding Miho and Mika we cannot say who are them in the real life, because it's not clear and nobody gives this explanation during the series.

Black Heart
Aug 6th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Hmmm... that's what I guessed: that Mika wasn't really Lain's sister. She demonstrates a certain curiosity towards Lain, but she never acts as a daughter of the other two characters, and most of the time she spends her days alone not talking to the other members of the family. On the other hand Miho doesn't even seems to notice her presence in the house.

Female_Vivi
Aug 17th, 2002, 08:46 PM
Is there a movie of Serial Experiments Lain??? If so, what is is about because I can't seem to find it in the local store while they do sell the episodes.

Hower, I did found this.
Lain #1 - Navi
Lain #3 - Deus

For the price of €41,35 (About $40,24) but there is no descripton available and the store that I am refering to is a online shop so I can't stop by. I doubt that they know if it is or isn't a movie. If I can't get replies from you guys then I will mail them.

Greetings,
Helen

merylsilverburg
Aug 18th, 2002, 03:35 AM
Female_Vivi: Sorry, but there's already a thread about "Serial Experiments Lain" by Black Heart so I'm going to just merge your thread into his.

Hylas
Aug 20th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Vivi, I've never heard of a Lain movie. I'm not sure, but I don't think there's a movie. I think the 13 eps series is all you can get.