PDA

View Full Version : Broadband / Narrowband

MakgSnake
Aug 17th, 2002, 04:13 PM
As U Guys Know I Am Not A Big Fan Of Online Gaming So I Dont Know A Few Stuff About Online Gaming!.! So....

Can Someone Please Explain The Difference Between The Two.

Broadband For Some Reason Allows More People To Play Online Then The Narrowband. Why Is This?.!

Its Just Confusing Me. So Please Someone Tell Me Whats The Difference Between These Two.

Thank You! :)

By The Way. Us SOCOM Navy Seals Allows Only BroadBand And Not Narrowband

RobHardo
Aug 17th, 2002, 04:23 PM
well I know BroadBand is for people with CaBle Modems

MakgSnake
Aug 17th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Yeah I Had A Feeling About That. But Whats The Difference Between The Two.

Why Does Broadband Allows U To Play With Sooo MANY People Online.. Where An Narrowband Allows U To Play "ONLINE" Only Few Very Few People.

For Example.... Twisted Metal Black Online Can Be Played Among "2-8" People With The Help Of "Broadband"

But With Narrowband.....U Can Play With Only "2" People!

Joe
Aug 17th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Broadband is cable or DSL.
Narrowband is phone line.

With a broadband connection, people can "surf the web" faster, download things faster, and basically do everything faster. :cool: So, it will allow you to play against more people online.

Narrowband does everything that the narrowband does, but slower, basically. This is why only a limited number of people can play online...

Hope that helps... and i hope that's right, too! lol.

MakgSnake
Aug 18th, 2002, 11:08 AM
I Guess That Explains It Well, I Have BOTH That Means, But I Need A SWITCH To Use My Cable Modem With My Ps2!.!

drendel
Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:59 PM
I have the Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL router to share my cable connections between 3 computers and my PS2. it works well.

i think they are selling for under $100 now.

ice
Aug 26th, 2002, 09:23 AM
I bought the same router at Best Buy for 49.99 this weekend and it works great.

dangerwulf
Sep 7th, 2002, 09:59 PM
The reason they won't let narrowband people play online ps2 is because the game would have what is called "lags" in it, where the gameplay will actually slow down. If you have a 56k modem, then you know how long it takes to download stuff. That's the reason why the game would run so slow. That's why socom is only for broadband (cable) users. It will be worth getting cable for, though, as this game looks to be one of the best games of the year. I look forward to see that listed on the game's next tv commercial! Check out the sites if you're interested. www.socom.scea.com and www.gamespy.com/socom
If you're not interested, of course, don't worry about it, but if you are, both sites are really cool. On gamespy you can win a free copy of the game, on socom, it actually takes you through the seals hell week. You won't feel all the pain, though, and that's good. Seals gots nuts, man, that's all there is to it.