PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2003 Review

Vicious_2003
Aug 15th, 2002, 11:15 PM
i bought the game afew days ago when it came out and i must say Im a bit dissapointed. Whats wrong with it you ask, well Ill tell you in 2 words. PASS DEFENSE. The Pass defense is atrocious, I let the computer controll my cornerbacks and basically all defensive backs and Id say 8 out of ten times the Corners would either double team a porr reciever leaving a great reciever wide open or they would just flat out run the worng way leaving a reciver open. And the computer cna complete passes basically at will. No matte rhow close the corner is they catch the damn ball. But when your on offense it all changes, nothing is free for you. Also the mini-camp, while it is super fun and challanging is only used t get Madden cards. You cant have your team play the mini games to become better stat wise, its just basically for fun. other than that there are a few good improvements like the disclusion of retired pat Summerall* and ofcours emy fav, gang tackles !. Id say NCAA 2003 is prolly the better game here . Oh and a few more things I forgot, the soundtrack is awesome with songs like "Body Crumbles" by Dry Cell and many more. Excluding the bon Jovi song..YUCK . And the create a team is pretty terrible, no where near as good as NCAA's

Vicious_2003
Aug 15th, 2002, 11:43 PM
Also I forgot to mention how impossible it is to get sacks, the QBs automatically throw the ball a split second before you can hit them. And a team averages about 4 to 5 injurys a a game, waaaay too many

Infernal Mass
Aug 21st, 2002, 03:00 AM
:shock: 4-5 injuries a game! :laugh:..i know it's a video game but that's really out of hand.

I hear NFL 2k3 is pretty special this year..lots fuss over at gamespot. I never really cared for the madden series.