PDA

View Full Version : TimeSplitters 2 : Offline Only

Joe
Aug 13th, 2002, 10:43 PM
Booohooo!!!!!! There will be no online play for TimeSplitters 2.

Eidos has issued a statement revealing that the PlayStation 2 version of TimeSplitters 2, the only version of the game that had previously been confirmed to support online play, will no longer support that particular feature. "We had always hoped to include an Internet online component in the PlayStation 2 version of TimeSplitters 2," said an Eidos representative. "However the infrastructure is not yet in place that will enable us to incorporate an online element and still make the game's proposed release date. We certainly don't want to delay the release of one of the year's most anticipated games and as a result disappoint the many fans who are eagerly awaiting the game."
Despite TimeSplitter 2's lack of online multiplayer support the game is still slated to feature iLink and LAN multiplayer support. Players will be able to link up to six consoles via the PlayStation 2 iLink, which will support up to 16 players. PS2 owners who pick up the network adapter this month will be able to link up to eight consoles for a total of 16 players in a game.

As far as the GameCube and Xbox versions of the game are concerned, neither version of the game will feature online multiplayer modes. The GameCube version will support up to four players in split screen multiplayer. The Xbox version will support the system link accessory and allow up to eight consoles to be linked together.

All three versions of TimeSplitters 2 are currently slated to ship on September 24.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2877303,00.html

Damn, this sucks! I think I will just get Red Faction 2 instead because of its better graphics and possibly equal single/multiplayer modes. This really sucks because this was one of the most anticipated games for fall 2002 because of its online play! And now they took it out. Also, it was supposed to come out 3 months ago, but got delayed because of online play. And now they aren't putting it in! AHHHHHHHHH. I am very mad right now.

Infernal Mass
Aug 14th, 2002, 08:49 AM
NOOOOOOooooooo...... *falls over*

MakgSnake
Aug 14th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Oh My GOD! :shock: Thats Probably The Worst News Of The YEAR 2002!!.!! :boo: :disgust: :mad: :heh:

Infernal Mass
Aug 14th, 2002, 01:54 PM
:mad: RAAArghh!

*breaks things*

:disturb: