PDA

View Full Version : Good Image Editing Program.

jbaseley
Aug 13th, 2002, 03:56 AM
Whats a good image editing program that i should use for making a sig.

Sleazy P Martini
Aug 13th, 2002, 04:18 AM
Photoshop

Evil Parrot
Aug 13th, 2002, 04:58 AM
If you want a decent one for free then download a program called Pixia at:

http://www.ab.wakwak.com/~knight/

Photoshop is better though...

Spank-A-Thon
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:31 AM
I agree that Adobe Photoshop is the finest art sortware available. There is a reason why it's the choice of graphic artists and web-designers world-wide - it's because it's the best out there...

Unfortunately, the price also reflects this...

- S

kamari-ice
Aug 13th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Buy a Lexmark Z12 printer, and you get Adobe Photostudio with it for free.
We you install the printer it installs 007, and thats a great program, and I use it.
But the printer sucks, I want to get the printer, copier, and scanner all in one lexmark, since I don't have a scanner.
Or a copier.

Volcom
Aug 14th, 2002, 01:20 AM
Adobe Photoshop 5.0 is the best program for creating and editing images. It has all the options you'd ever need to make a banner for your signature.

Sleazy P Martini
Aug 14th, 2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Volcom
Adobe Photoshop 5.0 is the best program for creating and editing images.
It was......until version 6 and 7 came along. I dont think you can add effects to text in 5......I could be wrong. Heck, I've got version 5, 6, and 7. Version 6 and 7 are much better IMO.

Carlito
Aug 14th, 2002, 07:10 AM
Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Corel Photo Paint are the best I can think of at the moment.

RichHo
Aug 20th, 2002, 03:55 PM
i have both photoshop 6 and 7, but i only ever use 6 tho, 7 has so many useless features that i never use, and 6 is so much more easier to navigate i think.....i do all my banner on photoshop 6, even my signature was done on it.....its well easy to use:)

Sleazy P Martini
Aug 20th, 2002, 06:37 PM
And you're good at it too.....wicked sig RichHo

Hylas
Aug 20th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Can I ask what are the greatest differences between Photoshop 6 and 7? :confused:

jbaseley
Aug 21st, 2002, 01:03 AM
i got a trial of paint shop pro 7 and its working very well for what i want i will be putting up a sig soon.

RichHo
Aug 21st, 2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
And you're good at it too.....wicked sig RichHo

Ahh, thanks a lot Sleazy, I do spend a lot of time on my banners, making them as perfect as possible, so the quality of your banner does sort of depend on how long you spend making it, and the attention to detail you use.

The greatist difference between Photoshop 6 and 7 is probably the extra added features on 7, and also the method of layering used on 7 is slightly different to that used on 6. But like i said before, I prefer to use 6 for its ease of use......and therefore if your making your first banners and your not experienced in using Photoshop, i would definitely recommend that you get to grips with 6 first.:)

RichHo
Aug 21st, 2002, 08:34 AM
My new avatar is up, finally I got 50 posts! But i still need 200 to get a custom name isnt it?

Spank-A-Thon
Aug 21st, 2002, 01:16 PM
A word of advice Richo, try not to doublepost otherwise the mods will be on your arse quicker than a horny Julian Clary...

I don't know what the stipulation for a custom title is. I have less than 200 posts and still have a custom title. I thought it was simply down to the length of time you have been here.

- S

Pu the Owl
Aug 21st, 2002, 06:02 PM
RichHo, I hope you're not planning to post like a mad just to get a custom title :disturb:

For the custom title you need
1- 200 posts
or
2- Being member for at least 30 days

After that you can edit the title.