PDA

View Full Version : Die Hard Mr "Fan"

MakgSnake
Aug 10th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Well Well Well........Heres What We Call ....... Something To Die For...... Atleast For A DIE HARD FAN Of Metal Gear Series!.!

Konami Of America Has Announced That... They Will Release The "Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2" On Ps2 DVD. It Is Not A "Game" But......Can Only Be Played On PS2 And Not Any Other DVD Player!.! The "Document" Will Get Its Release On 24th Of Sept All Over America!

The Document consists of two parts: a Making section, full of artwork, movies, 3D demos, and background information on the game, and a new VR Training section, with five new practice missions patterned after the ones that will fill the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. Here's a more complete listing of the contents of the Making section:

Characters: 2D concept artwork and realtime 3D models of all the characters in the game, including both "names" and faceless minions.

Mechanics: An archive similar to the Characters section, devoted to mechanical creations like the Cyphers and Metal Gear Ray.

Background: Concepts and 3D models of all the settings in the game, from the Discovery through Arsenal Gear.

Polygon Demos: Play through every realtime cutscene with complete control over the timeline and the camera position, and view the storyboards used to design them.

Program: Background detail from the game's programmers.

Sound: An archive of music tracks and sound effects, plus a test mode where players can mix them together.

Game Plan: Hideo Kojima's original project proposal for the game. Unfortunately, it's only in the original Japanese.

Script: The complete "shooting script," as it were, with all the dialogue, narration, and direction comments.

Staff: The table of organization and complete staff credits.

Chronicle: A timeline of game development and milestones over the three-year development cycle.

Special Footage: Behind-the-scenes documentary footage on the making and marketing of the game.

Items: A gallery of all the special promotional items and spinoff widgets spawned by the game -- artwork, books, shirts, action figures, and perhaps even this MGS2 paperweight the author has on his desk.

Well All This Is Something Which Would NOT Intrest The Majority Of People, But Only "FANS" Of Metal Gear Solid 2. Like. I Am So Happy That There Are Going To Be Soooo MANY Collector's Items For MGS....... Makes Me The Happiest Person On This PLANET! And I Am Serious About That!.!

Frozen
Aug 11th, 2002, 01:52 AM
I had already heard about that and sounds great. However, I also heard that it's not going only to be fo PS 2, but that there will actually be released 2 "versions" for such documental, one for DVD's, and another one compatible with the PS2 to be able to play such features.

Please help me get out of that confusion.

Moreover, I don't consider myself a die hard fan of MGS. However, I like it a lot, and I think I'm also buying it :)

merylsilverburg
Aug 11th, 2002, 04:16 AM
I'm not too sure about what you heard Frozen, but I think it's only going to be for the PS2....at least that's what I heard. :P Anyway, I'm very, very, very excited about this and when the Japanese gets released, I'm gonna get it, then get the US version. Yeah, yeah, I'm a nut.....:right:

MakgSnake
Aug 11th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
I'm not too sure about what you heard Frozen, but I think it's only going to be for the PS2....at least that's what I heard. :P Anyway, I'm very, very, very excited about this and when the Japanese gets released, I'm gonna get it, then get the US version. Yeah, yeah, I'm a nut.....:right:
Yes On With That......... Its Only Coming For The Ps2. It Wont Be Played On A Normal DVD Frozen, I Am Sure About That!

And Meryl......I Think, Japanese Release In Already Done, Yes It Is. In May... So U Should Start Looking Already On EBAY, Ure Fav Spot. I Know I Wont Buy the JAP Version Cause I Dont Know Jap At All....Other Wise I Would............Or I Just Might U Never Know! :evil:

Frozen
Aug 11th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Well, thanks for updating me on that :right: I was just curious, in any case it won't affect me because the only DVD player I've got is my PS2 anyways :heh:

Another question, it's alittle stupid but I'm curious about it, will they release something like that regarding MG Substance?

MakgSnake
Aug 11th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
Another question, it's alittle stupid but I'm curious about it, will they release something like that regarding MG Substance?
Thats A Little Hard To Say. What I Can Tell Is...That "Sons Of Liberty" Came Out Last November, And Its Document Is Getting Its Release After 10 Months. And "Substance" Is Releasing In November, So We Could Just "Dream" That After 10 Months "It's" Document Could Be Released Too.

But "Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2" Has Soooo Much In It, I Think It Will Hopefully Contain Stuff About "Substance" Too, U Never Know!.!........... What Else Is There Left..... "Meryl, Vr Missions".... Thats It Other Then That..... Everything Is The Same, I Mean The Characters And Models....The BackGrounds. So ..... I Think it Would Be In The "Document". Just a Feeling!

Frozen
Aug 11th, 2002, 03:16 PM
That's what I thought man, that they would even include things from Substance, as such game is not a sequel for Sons of Liberty.

Thanks for the help dude. :)

merylsilverburg
Aug 13th, 2002, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Yes On With That......... Its Only Coming For The Ps2. It Wont Be Played On A Normal DVD Frozen, I Am Sure About That!

And Meryl......I Think, Japanese Release In Already Done, Yes It Is. In May... So U Should Start Looking Already On EBAY, Ure Fav Spot. I Know I Wont Buy the JAP Version Cause I Dont Know Jap At All....Other Wise I Would............Or I Just Might U Never Know! :evil:

Hmm.....either no one's selling it on Ebay or I haven't looked hard enough....'cause I've been checking Ebay and I haven't seen it around. :weep: But, thanks for the info. :cool:

MakgSnake
Aug 15th, 2002, 07:45 AM
All I'd Want To Know Is The Price For This GEM. So I Can Start Collecting Money ............. Till The 24th Of Sept. Which Happens To Be A LITTLE Tooooo FAR!.!

Cause This DVD Is Not A Game. So I Dont Think It'll Cost The Same As Other "Ps2" Titles. Lets See What Happens!

RobHardo
Aug 15th, 2002, 11:14 AM
I cannot call my self a die hard fan yet, i haven't played metal Gear solid 1 yet i have only played mgs2 sol

MakgSnake
Aug 15th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Solid: Snake
I cannot call my self a die hard fan yet, i haven't played metal Gear solid 1 yet i have only played mgs2 sol
Ure Kidding Me. U Should REALLY BUY "Metal Gear Solid" ................ For The PsOne. I Mean U Can Play It On Ure PS2. But U Have To Buy That Game. U Will Love It!.! Its Excellent And Happens To Be The Best Game Ever Made!.!

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 15th, 2002, 01:35 PM
*drools* Must get.Must get

RobHardo
Aug 15th, 2002, 02:10 PM
ok ok i will get it, jeese, if its to drool over it must be worth it

merylsilverburg
Aug 15th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Solid: Snake
ok ok i will get it, jeese, if its to drool over it must be worth it

:laugh: Definitely...the documentary and the games are every MGS fan's dream.

Makg: I think I read somewhere that the documentary is only around $25 for the US release. :shock: Japan has the same price almost. I wonder why it's so cheap? :peoples:

Pu the Owl
Aug 15th, 2002, 07:16 PM
I suggest to everyone to start collecting money to get it, otherwise you'll regret your choice for the rest of your career (I mean as a player) :laugh:

Ruby Moon
Aug 15th, 2002, 08:31 PM
wow! That sounds good, especially because I'd like to get it and I only have a PS2 :D

MakgSnake
Aug 15th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Makg: I think I read somewhere that the documentary is only around $25 for the US release. :shock: Japan has the same price almost. I wonder why it's so cheap? :peoples:
Thanks For Letting Me Know Meryl, And I Think I Re-Call Now That I Read That Somewhere Too. I Guess The Reason Its So Cheap Is Because. Its Basically A "DVD" Video, And Thats The Price A Normal "DVD Movie" Cost. So Konami Is Releasing It As A "DVD Movie" Not A Game. Cause We All Know A Ps2 Game Cost Alot!

But Thanks For The Info!

And ReChick ... Get The Document And MGS1. If U Havn't Got It Yet! And U Can Thank Me Later! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Wonder If "Document" Could Contain Anything Related To "Metal Gear Solid" Part One. I Doubt That Will Ever Happen, But I Guess "Dreaming" Wont Harm Anyone! :laugh:

merylsilverburg
Aug 15th, 2002, 09:51 PM

Thanks For Letting Me Know Meryl, And I Think I Re-Call Now That I Read That Somewhere Too. I Guess The Reason Its So Cheap Is Because. Its Basically A "DVD" Video, And Thats The Price A Normal "DVD Movie" Cost. So Konami Is Releasing It As A "DVD Movie" Not A Game. Cause We All Know A Ps2 Game Cost Alot!

But Thanks For The Info!

No prob. :) And you've got a point in why it's so cheap....thanks. :)

And ReChick ... Get The Document And MGS1. If U Havn't Got It Yet! And U Can Thank Me Later! :D

Yeah, REChick, just listen to him, the man knows what he's talking about. :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Wonder If "Document" Could Contain Anything Related To "Metal Gear Solid" Part One. I Doubt That Will Ever Happen, But I Guess "Dreaming" Wont Harm Anyone! :laugh:

That'd be great, but it is doubtful. Would be nice though since I really enjoyed MGS.

MakgSnake
Aug 15th, 2002, 10:05 PM
Hey GUESS WHAT? "Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2" Would Contain A Small "Substance Demo". In Which We'll Be Able To Play Some Stages Of "VR Missions" .... WOW. Thats Amazing! Excellent!!!!!!!

merylsilverburg
Aug 15th, 2002, 10:11 PM
Hey GUESS WHAT? "Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2" Would Contain A Small "Substance Demo". In Which We'll Be Able To Play Some Stages Of "VR Missions" .... WOW. Thats Amazing! Excellent!!!!!!!

Great! I can't wait to try it out...it's making me even more excited about the documentary....man....I gotta find the Japanese version! :D

Hylas
Aug 16th, 2002, 07:01 AM
I don't get it: will the "document" be released in Europe too?

merylsilverburg
Aug 16th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Hylas

Hmm...I haven't heard news of an European version...only the US and Japanese. But, I'm sure a European version will be released later in the year....I mean, they can't leave Europe out, there's MGS fans there too. :)

MakgSnake
Aug 16th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Hylas
Like Meryl Said, It Will Release There, But LATER As Kojima LOVES Europe, Ok They Release Things There A Little Late But With EXTRA Bonus Features ALL The Time. I Dont Know What Is He Gonna Put THIS TIME As An Extra Bonus Feature In The "Document Of Metal Gear Solid 2" For The Eurpeon Version, A VIDEO Of METAL GEAR SOLID 3??? Oh Please Dont!

So U Guys Will Get It Late But Will Get It For Sure.!.