PDA

View Full Version : Is this a gaming forum or what?

ToulaPich
Aug 10th, 2002, 09:46 AM
I have a hard understanding of this forum's purpose, is it for gamers from around the web to gather and to talk about gaming or is this just some forum where anything goes and maybe some poor schmuck might come along with a legitimate gaming topic, only so that his thread might be pushed aside or locked.

I'm not blaming anyone, it might be me, but ever since I stopped going to IGNPS2 boards, I've been itching to meet other gamers like me who have similar interests... you know that kinda thing.

I guess I might be in the wrong forum... if I am please tell me because I haven't been looking.

Infernal Mass
Aug 10th, 2002, 10:09 AM
are you insane ..this is THE emporium of knowledge.

Pu the Owl
Aug 10th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Ahemm... sorry but I didn' understand your question... you're wondering if this is a gaming forum? o_O;;
Of course it is, you only have to post the right stuff in the right place (Action in Action forum, RPG in RPG forum, off-topic and general in General chat and so on...).

I don't think you can have doubts regarding the fact this is a gaming forum... :P

AudioBoxer
Aug 10th, 2002, 11:10 AM
What I think he is trying to ask is, that, Is this a gaming forum?, which means, he thinks that General Chat is a forum for talking about games, just general game chat.!!!! But toula this is kinda like a off-topic forum

ToulaPich
Aug 10th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Oh please, please tell me where to find a forum where gaming is more important than what your name is in Japanese.

It seems that in this particular forum, game topics are quite sparse and sure you have all these other topics which are indirectly related to gaming, but this is a gaming forum my friends. The last time I checked gaming forums or boards deal, for the most part, with games... and in these forums PS2 in general.

Don't think I'm some maniac who has to correct things in the smallest detail. I can handle some topics about "laughing at the misfortune of others" along with "what letters can you put together that look remotely decent"

But hey I'm just that kinda guy... and yes I am a guy, my name is Toula but don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for the guy with name Jessica.

MakgSnake
Aug 10th, 2002, 11:52 AM
The Thread With Telling U Ure Name In Japanese Is Not In The MGS Or FF Forum. Its In The "General" Forum. Where U Can Talk "Non VideoGame" Related Stuff. Its Not That Hard To Understand That.

These Forums Have Been Divided Into Sections. Fortune Explained That. U Want Gaming Info.........On What Game? "Street Fighter".......Check The "Action" Forum, And Ask Any Question Related To It. I Am Sure U'll Get Proper Answer And Will Satisfy Ure Needs.

And Trust Me Toula. No Ones Feeling Sorry For U... And U As Well Dont Feel Sorry For Anyone Here. Cause Everybody Here Are Perfect, Good, Respected Members Of The Forums!.!

Pu the Owl
Aug 10th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by ToulaPich
Oh please, please tell me where to find a forum where gaming is more important than what your name is in Japanese.

Toula, maybe if you stop reading this thread and you look around at the other sections of the forum, you'll find other threads about games, and not only about the trascription of the name in Japanese :laugh:

Infernal Mass
Aug 10th, 2002, 12:59 PM
:disturb: i was going to request that the "What is your name in Japanese" thread be moved to the Action/Adventure section of the boards.

It was an adventure in itself...unlike any other.

Hylas
Aug 10th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Kabuki Magnifico
:disturb: i was going to request that the "What is your name in Japanese" thread be moved to the Action/Adventure section of the boards.

ROFL:laugh: This would be less confusing for him, I suppose!

ToulaPich
Aug 10th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Fortune, I've spent 2 minutes checkin' out the other forums and there doesn't seem to be a forum where you can discuss gaming in 'general'.

I'd just like to talk to you guys about upcoming games and whatever without me having to switch from one forum to another. I just thought there was one forum for all us gamers to converge and talk about how FFXI costs too much or how GTA: Vice City could possibly be better than GTA3.

Breaking the forums up into sections maybe a tad more convienent but don't you think that some sections should bind up and become one forum... I mean seriously these furoms aren't exactly overflowing with topics and replies when compared to say "IGN".

You know what I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being such a whiny girly man... I'm only one person and everyone knows that one person can't change anything. Thanks for your time and comparing PS2Fantasy to IGN is very unfair on my part... PS2Fantasy is way better and hell will freeze over before I pay IGNPS2 for info I can get here.:cool:

kamari-ice
Aug 10th, 2002, 04:48 PM
*if you don't like it leave*
*we talk about anything here in general chat, and games in others, and nobody gets locks on threads cause they feel like it.*

Ruby Moon
Aug 10th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Fortune, I've spent 2 minutes checkin' out the other forums and there doesn't seem to be a forum where you can discuss gaming in 'general'.

I'd just like to talk to you guys about upcoming games and whatever without me having to switch from one forum to another. I just thought there was one forum for all us gamers to converge and talk about how FFXI costs too much or how GTA: Vice City could possibly be better than GTA3.

Breaking the forums up into sections maybe a tad more convienent but don't you think that some sections should bind up and become one forum... I mean seriously these furoms aren't exactly overflowing with topics and replies when compared to say "IGN".

The fact the forums are not "overflowing" with topics as you said doesn't mean the forums have to be messed up because of topics posted everywhere, you know... You mentioned IGN, but how can you compare this site to IGN? They have more than 10 people working for their site in different sections because IGN site is not only about PS2 but about any other console, PC included. So there's not much sense in comparing two sites that are made with different purposes.
If you want to post, you'll find sections more easy to understand once you get used to them. You won't have to look for a topic you posted a couple of hours ago because it disappeared from the first page, because the sections thing prevent the possibility for some topics to disappear after few moments. And also, it's more convenient for people who are not interested in all genres of games, so they can olny read the stuff they like and they don't have to browse many other threads they don't mind at all.

MakgSnake
Aug 10th, 2002, 06:51 PM
I'd just like to talk to you guys about upcoming games and whatever without me having to switch from one forum to another.
If U Wanna Talk About GAMES In General, ..... Then I Guess..... The "GENERAL" Forum......Would Be A Good Idea! Dont U Think! ;)

Harry
Aug 10th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Toula,

that's how these forums have been working from the beginning. A little, cute gaming forum, divided in many sections where people can come back one day and find easily their latest posts instead of browing for hours in search of a thread they posted the day before.

Then, it's a forum to talk about anything you consider important for yourself. So, no need to post always and only things about games. Here you can post also stories you've written, your artworks, you can discuss about your cat, you can ask a suggestion if you have a trouble with your boss, you can tell us that you have graduated, you can say you are working as the main animator for Square, you can cry that your Xbox is the best console of all times, you can say us you bought a copy of FFX but that you don't have a Ps2, you can suggest we should add a chat room, you can discuss about gay mafia, you can post pictures of japanese monsters chasing a small cat, and yes, you can say we should talk a bit more about games.

No this is not IGN, and we'll never be IGN. We'll never have their incredible amount of information, we'll never have millions of members, we'll never make any money, we'll never be around for more than 7 years, but it's also sure that we'll never ask our readers and friends in the forums to pay for our small services.

MakgSnake
Aug 10th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Harry
Toula,

that's how these forums have been working from the beginning. A little, cute gaming forum, divided in many sections where people can come back one day ans find easily their latest posts instead of browing for hours in search of a thread they posted the day before.

Then, it's a forum to talk about anything you consider important for yourself. So, no need to post always and only things about games. Here you can post also stories you've written, your artworks, you can discuss about your cat, you can ask a suggestion if you have a trouble with your boss, you can tell us that you have graduated, you can say you are working as the main animator for Square, you can cry that your Xbox is the best console of all times, you can say us you bought a copy of FFX but that you don't have a Ps2, you can suggest we should add a chat room, you can discuss about gay mafia, you can post pictures of japanese monsters chasing a small cat, and yes, you can say we should talk a bit more about games.

No this is not IGN, and we'll never be IGN. We'll never have their incredible amount of information, we'll never have millions of members, we'll never make any money, we'll never be around for more than 7 years, but it's also sure that we'll never ask our readers and friends in the forums to pay for our small services.
I Loved What Harry Wrote....... All Of It!.! Excellent! *Claps*.

ToulaPich
Aug 10th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the reponse... I can understand how annoying I really was.

So... um... this is really awkward, can't really say anything. I don't know what to think...

Oh yeah about posting pictures and stuff, I was accepted to some Illustration college, if my scanner was broken I could have posted them here. About that Square thing... I plan to work at Square someday.

That feels good...

IcyMourdor
Aug 10th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Well, things seem fine and all the questions were answered.