PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 2.. Ruined

AsylumEscapee
Aug 10th, 2002, 03:39 AM
I've recently started playing Silent Hill 2. I was poking around gamespot when I found a reader review which compleatly screwed my experience with the game. The review droped the biggest spoiler in gaming history right before me.

Silent Hill 2 spoilers inside. Read at your own risk. (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/readers/0,10986,865552,00.html)

I am so pissed right now. Any one of you ever wanted to tear out a morons spine for revealing unwanted gaming information?

Beretta55
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:42 AM
same here dude thats what happend with me on finalfantasy10 i dont remember what it was but i was just brosweing and it pretty much messed up the game for me. i hate it when some people do that.

Pu the Owl
Aug 10th, 2002, 10:52 AM
A lot of people had the same problem. Before starting playing FF9, I read a huge spoiler regarding the ending, so I gave up playing the game for a long time because of it :mad:
A similar thing happened to me before playing MGS. :P
I can imagine that in the case of a game like Silent Hill 2 discovering spoilers before playing must be terrible, because that game is based on the fact you don't know anything about the plot or about the characters for the greatest part of the time.

When a review or a post contains spoilers, it's really important that the person who reads is aware of the spoilers BEFORE starting reading. Someone doesn't mind of spoilers, but the greatest part of people, me included, are really pissed when the game is ruined by a review or a post.
Sometimes it's hard to say if a detail about a character or a part of the plot is a spoiler or not, but also in these cases is better to mark the spoiler even if the person who's writing is not sure.
Also, some sites contain images that are spoilers, but they put them in the gallery without marking them.

MakgSnake
Aug 10th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I Hate That Aswell...... I Remember.....Ruining MGS2.... Can U Believe THAT!! Yeah .... But It Was My MISTAKE. I Was Warned But.....Stupid Me.....Didn't Listen!

But Other Then That........No Game Has Been Spoiled In For Me!

Hylas
Aug 10th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Oh man! Asylum, I'm so sorry for you!
But let me say a couple of things:
the guy who wrote that review must be an idiot because that score for a game like Silent Hill show he's too stupid to understand games that are more complex than Monsters Inc. :laugh: and also because writing a huge spoiler like that one without marking it is the evidence his brain is completely gone. The other thing I want to say is that the webmasters and reviewers of the site must be even more idiot than that guy, because reading the review they had to not post it (also considering that review is not accurate at all and it sucks! You cannot say a game is dumb with the motivation he gave!) or at least they could edit it marking the spoiler for the other readers, and if they cannot understand this basic rule it means they're too stupid as well. They should control people to not let them posting crap! The worst thing is that Gamespot is a really famous site for videogames, and they let such dumb reviews to be posted among the others! They must be mad, or they don't care about the readers at all... It's a terrible mistake they did!
I recomend to not read other reviews from that site, at least if you don't want other games to be ruined like that... :disturb:

It's really a shame though, because even if that idiot said the game is awful, I assure you the game was awesome and you're loosing a great gaming experience after not being able to play it without knowing that part of the plot. It's not the same thing now :weep:

Infernal Mass
Aug 10th, 2002, 04:39 PM
yeah Hylas makes a good point. Gamestop, lets anyone and their grandma post reader reviews there..some are good, some are funny, others are just a spoiler feista.

Ruby Moon
Aug 10th, 2002, 06:25 PM
When a game like Silent Hill 2 is spoiled, there's not much to do. you still can play it, but it looses 50% (or more) of its qualities. It's the fact you don't know much about the plot that makes you want to keep on playing. Also, the atmosphere is a little ruined after reading that. I'd ask them (the reader who wrote the review and Gamespot) to give me my money back :disturb:

Harry
Aug 10th, 2002, 07:09 PM
That's awful man, one of the best games of all times ruined by a stupid guy and by an even more stupid moderator who doesn't read the submissions of the readers...

Si|ent
Aug 10th, 2002, 07:22 PM
I got a theory on that when i game comes out that you really wanna play dont look it up or read up on it just watch trailer or stuff like that that way there is no possible way to get it spoiled.

Ruby Moon
Aug 10th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Silent, your post makes a lot of sense... I agree on the fact that looking for information sometimes can be dangerous, so it's better to not look for it if you like something :right:

MakgSnake
Aug 10th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Silent And Ruby, U Guys Are Right..... But GameSpot Is A BIG HUGE Site....... They Should ATLEAST Not Do These Kind Of STUPID Mistakes. I Mean...........When I Read A Review....From The Sites I Visit. I Know..... They Wont.......Release Dangerous Info...... Just Like IN MAGS.........They "NEVER" Spoil The Game For "Us" Gamers..............!................Its Not Asylum's Mistake, But The Person's ........... Who Wrote Without Thinking... Just Imagine, He Spoiling The GAME For Not Only Asylum But Thousands Of Other Gamers Coming To Read The Review In Order To "Maximise" Their Intrest In The "Game"!

Si|ent
Aug 10th, 2002, 10:37 PM
Yes that is true but it is up to them what they put up and how much they feel they should give out but its not all their fault because you choose to goto that site and read it from there and if you have expierenced this before i dont know about you but i would be aprehensive about reading reviews from that site.

AsylumEscapee
Aug 11th, 2002, 11:39 AM
I determine whether or not I want a game by looking it up. So it's kinda hard.

RobHardo
Aug 11th, 2002, 05:36 PM
omg that guy who made that review is so gay he could have at least marked that he was spoiling the game we should all write hate e-mails to him :-)