PDA

View Full Version : Something that happened to you that changed History!

kamari-ice
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:39 PM
Did you buy a video game and started to like it.
Did you fall, and you learned from it.
Anything, but not personal things.
The thing that changed my history was buying my first video game.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 10th, 2002, 07:58 PM
The thing that changed me forever was seeing my first real anime.

I hated anime and everything about it. The mere fact about Japan having anything to do with the USA made me sick. I hated their video games simply because it was japanese, I hated their cartoons, just because they made them.

Then less than two years ago my sisters started watching Sailor Moon and that just made me hate anime even more. then i saw one episode of tenchi and escaflowne and I instantly became obsessed with it.

I now love Japan and everything about it. The cartoons, video games, the culture and clothing, samari, and I'm trying to learn the language so I can go there and spend the rest of my life in Japan drawing their cartoons.

Perhaps it didn't change my life, more like restarted it.

Pu the Owl
Feb 10th, 2002, 08:02 PM
mmm not personal...

from books and movies I loved, I've learnt a lot.

BowevelJoe
Feb 10th, 2002, 09:41 PM
probably picking up the controller to my NES at 3 years old :)

Spirit
Feb 10th, 2002, 09:52 PM
picking up an adult magazine and enlightening myself about the beautiful chemistry of girls :lol

Reid
Feb 10th, 2002, 11:14 PM
If it's about material influence;

I'd have to say that a lot of movies have really changed the way I think (Fight Club, Ghost in the Shell, Mononoke Hime, Requiem for a Dream, and lot's of other ones).

Also books and music have played a large part. The music I listen to at a given time is very reflective of the stage of my life I was in.

Authors like Kurt Vonnegut, Haruki Murakami, James Clavell, Mario Puzo, Dante Aligheiri, and many others have altered the way I think as well as inspired and awed me by their works, even though some of them are more superficial than others.

I have too many influences and inspirations to write here, though. That's just a few.

:)

Hylas
Feb 11th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Starting Karate at 6 has changed my life.
An improvement :D

Cannibal Clown
Feb 11th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Hylas
Starting Karate at 6 has changed my life.
An improvement :D How long have you been practacing karate?

trunks69420
Feb 13th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Getting arrested/incarcerated! It made me wake up and keeps me out of trouble. Then again, who wouldnt reform w/ the promise of 15 to 20 years in a federal prison w/ one violation!

nanjij
Feb 13th, 2002, 02:33 PM
yeah consles, difinitly dbz (both completly effected my social life) hehe

LoRd BanShee
Feb 14th, 2002, 04:36 PM
I've learned thrue the years that hatred and love aren't everything! u have to learn to walk on the border of these two dangerous counterparts!Too much of any two will totally blow you OFF!

The thing that totally changed me was when i had this black widow bite and i almost died if it haden't been for my brother who got help and saved my life!