PDA

View Full Version : Which one is better?

Hylas
Aug 8th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Do you think it's better when the manga is taken from the anime or when the anime is taken from the manga?
I think the second one is more common, becase it usually happens that the manga artist creates the series and then they make the anime later.
I don't know which one is better for the overall quality of the series... Maybe it's bettere beginning with the manga and then if it's successful you can make the anime.

merylsilverburg
Aug 9th, 2002, 04:51 AM
I agree with you. The manga usually comes first, then the anime and like you said, depending on how popular the manga is, will depend on how well the anime sells. What I think is interesting about this fact though, is that the anime sometimes (or usually) don't follow the original manga stories. In order to get both versions of the stories, you'd have to get the manga and anime too.

Cannibal Clown
Aug 9th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Sad to say, i don't have access to any mangas, so i can't realy say how i perfer it to be done. But i don know that many of the great movies and series, like ghost in the shell for example, was a manga, and they are still making and selling the mangas now. And not intil just recently did they come out with a series for the manga.

But all in all, it doesn't matter to me all that much. I don't get mangas, because i can't. But as long as the anoime is cool, i don't care wich came first. I'm happy either way.

Ruby Moon
Aug 10th, 2002, 07:00 PM
I think it's better to have the manga before the anime. When the opposite thing happens, only in few cases the manga is a good one.

BowevelJoe
Aug 17th, 2002, 11:15 AM
pretty much all anime is derived from the manga..or if it is any good, it has a manga series later..but i dunno, having manga first gets the fan crowds starting, and then the bigger and better the series is before its turned into a series or movie... most of the time it just comes down to crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.. :)