PDA

View Full Version : Lust over Love?

tokim021
Aug 7th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Is it lust? or is it Love?

I think the true meaning of love is being corrupted by the world's growing lust for sexual pleasure... I am a Christian and pre-maridal (spelling?) sex is forbided... While this might be looked down upon by like 70 or 80 % of all teenagers, I am dedicated to having sexual relations till marriage... How bout you guys?

Vicious_2003
Aug 7th, 2002, 11:17 PM
While im not a christian I too belive that Love, and the expression of it through intercourse is something not to be takehn lightly. It seems like these highschool couples who are like 14, 15, 16, 17, years old Throw the word love around like its hello. I belive that the first girl I will say i love you to will be the girl I marry and possibly the first girl I make love to.

Ruby Moon
Aug 8th, 2002, 10:17 AM
I'm not a strong Christian either, but I do think that love is the necessary basis for every kind of serious relationship. You don't have to marry the person you love, of course I'm not telling that, but having only a sexual relation with a person is not what I'd be looking for. I don't think lust can 100% exist, at least for me, without having a strong affection for the other person.

jjmoohead
Aug 8th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Lust can be fun too though, I am not saying having sex either. but just having someone you can hold on to without having to worry about braking their heart can be very stress free and enjoyable.

Bat2710
Aug 9th, 2002, 02:32 AM
Well, as I'm getting married in 18 months, I thought I'd better reply to this thread.

Love, unlike lust, is the singlemost, hardest thing to ever come across. Most of the time if you feel like you're falling in love with someone, you usually find out that they "love you like a brother!"

But when I met my fiancee, I just knew. It was definatley love at first sight. (It does exist!)

Lust, on the other hand, is where you fancy someone, and you'll do anything to get them into bed! Plus, it's also a metaphor for a no-strings-attached type of relationship.

That's just my opinion though, so don't take it as gospel!

BlackThornn
Aug 9th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Love is good, if you can find it. (Like I'm lucky enough to have now)

BUT, Lust is good too. As mentioned before it can just be a good fun. Not like it's "Evil" or nothing. *puts tape on his mouth to keep from letting this get into another theological argument*

Anyway, lust is the epitome of natural. You see somebody and want to jump thier bones that's nature. Simple as that.

Cannibal Clown
Aug 9th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Lust is fun. But i strongly believe in love. I am certain that i do have these feeling for someone right now. But like previously, she likes like a brother, so it sucks. But i feel that many people do throw the word around and never rerally realise that it's nothing ore than a stupid childish crush, that will eventually end up in a sexual situation, and then heartbrake, as the two unsuspecting people break up. Then they say that their life is over, and that they could never go on with out the one that they loved. They're full of sh*t and should just move on. People who have like seven significant others in one years time, still saying that "This on eis TRUE love, I'm sureof it." Then get a new companion in a week. Having a layer of their d*ck worn away by how many time he's gotten lucky, or a women who's inner sanctuary is all bruised up for gewtting banged so many times. These people should grow up, and actually form a good friendship with someone, before even thinking of the remote possibility that love could be in the air.

I'm very careful with the word love, never say it as an actual feeling i have for someone else, even my parents, i feel that the word is too strong and feel uncompfortable saying it concerning them. But the one girl i hjave found i use it openly, and am 100% positive that my feelings aren't bull sh*t. But i know that she doesn't like me and i'm trying to move on. It'sd hard, but unlike other people, i'm not going to risk having my heart broken, for some stupid reason, and by something i could easily avoid. Being a good friend is fine with me, and i feel that others shpuld realise that a good friendship is far more valuable than finding a person you reallylike, and getting into a relationship, scoring a few times, breaking up, and then have that friendship completely destroyed. It's not worth it. wait at leats a year, making a strong friendship with the person, then decide if there is a good reason to go any further with the friendship.

I have a friend who had this happen to her. She gets into boyfriend/girlfriend situations all the time, and hates it when things get complicated. All she wants is to have someone she can call a boyfriend, andf when one goes away, she jumps to another as soon as possible. Well, recently, she got into a relationship, nothing different than all the others, but this indivisual wanted tpo take the relationship a little further, and made my friend feel uncompfortable in their relationship. So she broke up with him, and now a good friendship that they once had is gonbe, and it will be sometime, if ever, for them to get back to that trust and joy they had with each other again. And of coarse, after that, she jumped to another guy, tryiong to get another couplke going, but then for the first time ever, she was dumped, and she was so certain that for once she found LOVE and she doesn't want to let go of him. This guy is also a good friend of mine. She sends him gifts at work, and leaves two to four messeges on his machine like everyday, because she can't handle the break up.

This is just a lesson saying be sure that the feelings you have for someone is real, before risking a relationship and blowing a real good friend off. And if the relationship goes as far as sex, then the breakup, which is usually inevitable, will hurt ten times more. Because that person was so sure that there was love there, and can't bare letting go.

So love is not a word to f*ck around with, and lust can be very painful for two peopleif it's not treated with respect.

Blah blah blah blah blah. I'm rambling on now, so i'll stop and let others post their ideas.

Lost_myth
Aug 9th, 2002, 02:09 PM
You are completely right. Love is too.. powerful of a word to go around saying it to everyone. Lust isn't something I would rather have. Lust can start a relationship, but won't make it last. Love is so much more important and I would wait an eternity to find it.

To tell you the truth I've only had one real boyfriend in my life and he was a jack*ss. It lasted two weeks.

I like CC's idea of making someone into a friend and later on see if it could go further. Or not even bother, just keep them as a friend. Sounds kind of lonely doesn't it.

IcyMourdor
Aug 9th, 2002, 02:22 PM
All you need is a thread like this to see the softer side of our members.

Love is something not to be taken lightly. As a high school student, I doubt that I will find my love here. I walk around with friends and laugh at the chicks and guys saying they love each other. If it was love, they wouldn't break up the summer before college.

I had a relationship with a girl a couple years ago. I had feelings for her, but they won't anything close to love. I never once said that I love her, because I didn't.

Now, the word loses meaning because of idiots my age.

Spirit
Aug 10th, 2002, 03:12 AM
lust can be good.... sometimes. Love is probably the hardest thing to find in this world, just simply because it can never be guaranteed. Love is something that people can live for and die for. For me I'm not sure how long it will take for me to ever 'love' another girl, especially since all the times I went out with girls and it wasn't 'love' Love is found when neither person is using the other for their sole purpose or at least thats the way I perceive it.