PDA

View Full Version : Looky At What I Found Out

Cannibal Clown
Aug 5th, 2002, 03:13 PM
I just read this and now i'm really excited about all of it.

Adult Swim News from San Diego Comic Con
The Cartoon Network Adult Swim panel at last weekend's San Diego Comic Con has confirmed that Adult Swim will be broadcasting Inuyasha and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex along with Big O 2.

According to Anime Tourist, Big O 2 is being created on comission by the Cartoon Network and not because of demand for more Big O animation in Japan. Likewise, although the series creators expressed their desire last year to not make any new Cowboy Bebop animation, the Cartoon Network is apparently pressuring Sunrise Animation to create new Cowboy Bebop episodes specifically for American release.

The Cartoon Network will be partnering with Viz and Shonen Jump at an undetermined future date to host a "Adult Swim Reactor" website that will feature manga samples from the American Shonen Jump magazine, and streaming, possibly subtitled, anime episodes. According to a panel transcript published by Anime Tourist, the Cartoon Network has no intentions of broadcasting subtitled, Japanese language anime on American television.

According to Anime Tourist, Dragonball GT is being prepared for broadcast on the Cartoon Network next month. According to BBZGT Legacy, American Dragonball voice actor Kyle Hebert knows nothing of preparations to premier Dragonball GT in America next month. Given that American premiers are usually known months in advance, it's highly suspect that such a major debut would remain "under the radar" until little over a month away.

Toon Zone does confirm that Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack will be broadcast on the Cartoon Network at some future date. The movie, which will be released on home video and to limited theatrical release this fall, is the culmination of the story-line that proceeds through the Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam and Gundam ZZ TV series.

Source: Saiyanz Rage and Anime News Network

merylsilverburg
Aug 6th, 2002, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
I just read this and now i'm really excited about all of it.

Adult Swim News from San Diego Comic Con
The Cartoon Network Adult Swim panel at last weekend's San Diego Comic Con has confirmed that Adult Swim will be broadcasting Inuyasha and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex along with Big O 2.

According to Anime Tourist, Big O 2 is being created on comission by the Cartoon Network and not because of demand for more Big O animation in Japan. Likewise, although the series creators expressed their desire last year to not make any new Cowboy Bebop animation, the Cartoon Network is apparently pressuring Sunrise Animation to create new Cowboy Bebop episodes specifically for American release.

Wow...Inu Yasha to be broadcasted on TV? No offense, but that seems kinda....unrealistic. This anime is very popular in Japan and they recently had a movie on it, but I'm not sure why they would broadcast it on TV, instead of putting it out on DVD or VHS. Oh well....it works for me. :D The Big O 2 news is very exciting to me....:happy: but I have to check with those total Big O fans to see if they know anything about it.

Also, though I'm excited about the CB news, I don't think it's going to happen.

*SPOILERS* First of all, I don't see how they're going to continue with the story without the main character, Spike. I mean, I guess they could continue with Faye and Jet working together as bounty hunters, but again, that seems unlikely. Another thing is, I hope Sunrise is smart enough to realize that while CB is very popular and everyone (including me) wants more, they should honestly leave the series as it is. It's almost like the new Sailormoon episodes that are being created now....there's no need. Why spoil a classic and perfect series to make more episodes, that may be good, but it just won't feel the same. Unless they come up with a good story, I'm not sure if it's going to happen.

Cannibal Clown
Aug 6th, 2002, 11:52 AM
I know. I have those same questions conserning the issue. But i'd like to hope that most of it is true. but the Cowboy Bebop thing is very fantasy like. I mean, like you said, without spike and visious. What would it be? Andy, and the teddy bomber?

merylsilverburg
Aug 7th, 2002, 02:28 AM
Exactly. I don't mind if the other news are true (especially Big O 2!), but I seriously think the CB is not. I just don't understand why Cartoon Network is trying to pressure Sunrise....geez, don't they realize Sunrise has other works in the making and don't need to be bothered with requests to continue an old series which has been finished and over a long time ago? See, that's the problem with Cartoon Network. Just because CB is extremely popular and more people watch Adult Swim because of it, they want to keep their ratings up and keep Adult Swim. So, they go off and bug the Japanese companies to make more of that series. :disturb:

BowevelJoe
Aug 20th, 2002, 04:43 PM
eeee...cowboy bebop is perfect as is, if they need to add on to a series it needs to be Trigun, that thing just ended..when it ended your just like..well.. err...but cowboy bebop was just one of those series that you felt extremely content with when it was over, or at least i was..i loved that series alot, one of the most well done series i have ever seen.

Big O was good stuff, i really enjoyed it alot, especially the fact how it mocked old mecha anime with some of the enemy robots and such, and how they didnt have to exaggerate it by making them shoot 9,000 missles, it was more combat than it was corny action, good good stuff in my book. The 2nd season is definantly a welcome addition to me :)

merylsilverburg
Aug 20th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe
eeee...cowboy bebop is perfect as is, if they need to add on to a series it needs to be Trigun, that thing just ended..when it ended your just like..well.. err...but cowboy bebop was just one of those series that you felt extremely content with when it was over, or at least i was..i loved that series alot, one of the most well done series i have ever seen.

Yeah man, I totally agree with you. CB is the series that when you saw the end...that was it...no more! Unlike Trigun, where the ending was kinda :peoples: to me and it was kinda a disappointment.

Big O was good stuff, i really enjoyed it alot, especially the fact how it mocked old mecha anime with some of the enemy robots and such, and how they didnt have to exaggerate it by making them shoot 9,000 missles, it was more combat than it was corny action, good good stuff in my book. The 2nd season is definantly a welcome addition to me :)

Ahh..I'm so glad you're another Big O fan. There's not that many people who like this series since it's not "anime" enough. And you're right...while there's a lot of mecha involved, there was more combat and not cheesy ones either. Plus, the whole show doesn't totally revolve around mechas, so this series is really one of the best.