PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Avenger:Part 5

AudioBoxer
Aug 5th, 2002, 12:16 PM
"All right, buddy, talk!" the blue archer insisted.
"Um . . . uh . . ." Ski Mask tried to smile, feebly, underneath his ski mask.
"Where'd you hide the Queen Anne diamond?"
Ski Mask tried to spit at him, but only succeeded in dampening his mask. "I'll never tell you!"
"You'd better be careful, this bow might accidentally go off."
"You wouldn't dare."
Foxbow dared. The shaft plunged all the way through Ski Mask's body. The would-be criminal tried to sceam, failed, clutched the arrow, and keeled over, dead.
"Oops, sorry," Foxbow commented, holding up his bow. "I didn't know it was loaded."
There was some commotion outside. Doubtlessly they'd heard the shots; the police would be in there any second. Foxbow bent down over Ski Mask's body, noticed a rather impressive bulge in his pants, and retrieved it. Fortunately, it was only the Queen Anne diamond. He laid the necklace down on the corpse, stood up, and turned to face the approaching cops.
Chief Diehard did a double take. "FOXBOW!? What are you doing here?!"
"Why, bringing a common criminal to justice, of course!"
An officer came up and looked at the heap on the floor. "Looks more like you're bringing a common criminal to the morgue."
"Well, I, er, that is, uh . . ." Foxbow had not counted on this.
"That wound doesn't exactly look like it was fired in self-defense, either." This kid cop was probably a coroner in training.
Diehard sighed. "Until we get this matter cleared up, Foxbow, I'm placing you under arrest for suspicion of manslaughter. You have the right to remain -"
That would never do. That would never, ever do. Foxbow had to get out of there, and fast. He wasn't very far from the window he'd broken on the way in; that would do just fine. Before anyone could whip out their hancuffs - or their .38 caliber police issues - Foxbow pulled out his special arrow that had a thin rope tied to it, loaded up, and fired the shaft through the broken window panes. He grabbed onto the rope as it uncoiled from his quiver, and was yanked up off the floor, through the window, and out into the streets.

Fortunately, he'd remembered to tie his camera to the opposite side of the rope, and so had a fabulous set of unique Foxbow-and-Ski Mask pictures. This was what ol' Perry W. Jameson would want to see.
"WHAT?!?" Jameson bellowed, cracking the finish of his desk again with his fist. "I send you out there on one measly assignment, to bring in shots of some stuffy old diamond, and you come back in here with pictures of some pansy Robin Hood dressed up like a blue wolverine?!!"
"He's not a pansy, chief, he's just -"
"DON'T CALL ME CHIEF!! I didn't build this newspaper by chasing after every self-proclaimed good guy in tights! YOU'RE FIRED!!!"
"Fired?! Aw, but Mister Jameson -"
"EFF-ARE-EYE-EE-DEE, FIRED! Now, getouttamyoffice!!" He pushed the getouttamyoffice button on his desk.
"But -"
Kick. Whump. SLAMM.
Rob stood up and brushed the dust from his clothes.
"Ooh, Rob, he really IS in a bad mood today!" commented Susan.
"Yeah, sure, Emjay. He didn't even give me my pictures back."
There wasn't much left for him here now. He took his camera, looked under his tee shirt to make sure his costume was still there, and stalked out the door.

Black Heart
Aug 6th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Nice work on this chapter too. I agree that this kinda seems the script of a b-movie, especially for the subject.

AudioBoxer
Aug 8th, 2002, 10:54 AM
More is coming soon