PDA

View Full Version : Psone In Rememberance!

kamari-ice
Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:33 PM
I don't have one, but I heard that they are taking Psone off the shelfes at stores.
The playstation that you can bring around.
They are not making money off it, so its going to disappear like the sega saturn did.
So if you have one, you are lucky.

FreakOut
Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:49 PM
I still have my PSone but over here in the UK the PSone's are really cheap and with them being low prices they are selling pretty well, this is the first i've heard about this Kameri-ice.

kamari-ice
Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:56 PM
Well I get this information from the net, and magazines.

Soul Angel
Jan 23rd, 2002, 08:04 PM
I think that is pretty unlikely that the Psone will be taken off the shelves or at least in the UK anyway

Spirit
Jan 23rd, 2002, 10:51 PM
hohummmmm hmmmm well they did take saturn off, but then again this is ps we're talking about here!!! a platform with over a thousand games.... hmmm I haven't heard much on it but as long as ps2 stays on the shelves I don't really care :D

MakgSnake
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:16 AM
I Just Dont That'll Ever Happen. They Wont Stop Selling PsOne. I Mean Its The Best Selling Game Console Ever!.! So Hmmmm..........I Think Its Gonna Go Real Cheap Later. So People Who Cant Efford Ps2's...Might Buy PsOne. Cause A Person Who Is New To The Gaming World... PsOne Can Keep Him/Her Happy For Atleast 1-2 Years. Cause Its Got Great (Ahead Of Time) Games Too!

But Then Again, Anything Is Possible....So They Might Stop Making Them.

kamari-ice
Jan 24th, 2002, 07:16 PM
Well look at it this way, almost everybody in the whole world has a PSONE.
No Body will buy the thing cause they already have it.
Maybe they are just going to not sell the console, and just the game.
I am not talking about the regular playstation now, that is still going to be on the shelves.

Soul Angel
Jan 24th, 2002, 07:22 PM
I think personally the new psone prpbably sells better then the old psx?
I've only seen the psone on sale in shops and not the old psx

So it kind of doesn't make sence taking off the psone and keeping the old psx on the shelves :confused:

x157anz
Jan 27th, 2002, 03:44 PM
When i got my ps1 there was the old and the new out i gt the old one.... :(
God knows why ?!? :)

kamari-ice
Jan 27th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Maybe you thought the old one would be more better.

Mercury Shadow
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:11 AM
I really could care less if the psx is being stopped, i mean, it'll give sony more time to work with ps2, and why would anyone buy a psx when there's ps2? only parents who want to buy something cheap for their kids.

kamari-ice
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:51 PM
Its in the past.
Lets change this subject to something else.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 10th, 2002, 08:37 PM
My Ps1 still works a little bit. My little sister got angry at me for being a meeny. So she jammed a whole bunch of little McDonalds toys in the counsle. Not it's all beat up and always skips or freezes. I wasn't able to play any of the really good games anymore because it couldn't handle them. So I got a PS2 and things are all better now.

davidk
May 1st, 2002, 08:19 AM
I heard Sony are reducing the PSone to £50 Sterling and all PSone games to £15 Sterling a while ago

happy_doughnut
May 5th, 2002, 10:18 PM
I heard it too! Just not too long ago I was out buying a game and a guy goes up to the counter and asks if they had any ps1's for sale. The salesman told him that they didn't and that they weren't going to have them for sale anymore because they would be going off the market.
After the guy left I asked the man what the deal with this was and he said that now with the ps2, there was no more a need for the ps1 so they would most likely dissapear in a bit.
I know he was only a salesclerk but still. I suppose he did know what he was talking about.
I hope this isn't true because I don't have my ps1 anymore!!

Female_Vivi
May 7th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Can you believe that 2 weeks ago I bought a brand new PSone?? My sister allready has a PS2 and she let's me play on it.

Many people are asking me, WHY do you buy PSone and not PS2?? Here is my deal, I do a lot of computer work and play games on the computer. But I always wanted to have a console, since the new ones are pretty expensive I decided to go with the PSone. It's good enough for me.

It's pretty cheap now, sertenlty now with all the new consoles. The Gamecube was released a few days ago I think that the price will drop even more. PSone MUST stay in the shelves, a lot of people still want one.

Female_Vivi