PDA

View Full Version : Halo for X-box

jjmoohead
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:12 PM
I just beat the game and all i can say is, how in the hell did it win "GAME OF THE YEAR" at ign.com

The game was not good. its just another 100 on 1 game that you never die in. I mean your energy respons all the time you have some outragously long level guildlines and the same freaking people to kill over and over. These alien creatures are really stupid too, I mean I can't believe how much time I waisted playing that game to have that pathetic ending too.

Sure the graphics look great and the gamplay is ok, but game of the year? Common? Maybe its game of the year cause x-box only has like 5 games worth playing.

I give this game a 7 out of 10, and the only award im getting is "Biggest Hype Failure Award"

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Well the merit of the game does lay in the graphics and gameplay section.It is a blast to play i mean theres some many things you can do.The enemy's are intelligent,not just mindless drones in most FPS.The story line is also very good for a fps at least i thought,and yes the ending was a bit of a let down but at least we know there be a sequel.I also think the multiplayer was exceptionally good too,i never had so much fun.And beating the game on legendary is an added treated.

jjmoohead
Aug 5th, 2002, 10:28 AM
I guess i'm just into the furturistic fps games. Shoting 500 aliens without getting a scrath on me is not my idea of difficult. I beat it on the 3rd difficulty, does the hardest one make the storyline any different or is just 1000 on 1?

I am more into the human fps. Things like Socom or Counterstrike for PC. human vs Human with real guns and not plasma rifles and plasma nades.

AsylumEscapee
Aug 5th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Im guessing youre into multiplayer FPS. Try Tribes, its futureistic fun!

KraftSLU
Aug 5th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Actually the number of people doesn't change on the legendary difficulty, the enemys are just stronger, deal more damage and are incredibly smart. Stick a plasma grenade on a poor grunt and the grunt will do a suicide run at you. Enemies duck for cover when they are hurt and recharge their shields. Things sneak up from behind to attack you. Heroic was a cakewalk. Legendary on Co-op is a chore and legendary with single player is damn near impossible at some points. Then again, if you find the game too easy you can always hook up your xbox to the internet and play halo online, where there are plenty of people who will be quite willing to show you how good you aren't.

YMMOT
Aug 9th, 2002, 11:08 PM
Have you played it on ledgedary(I would kill myself if I could spell)

jjmoohead
Aug 14th, 2002, 03:25 PM
i just beat the game on legendary. You were right It was not 1000 on 1, still 500 on 1, and they got a little smarter, but the difference between the 3rd and 4th difficulty is rather lacking. I didn't seem all the different, I just had to use a lot more nades. I took me all this time to decide weather to waist my time beating it a 4th time on the last difficulty, and no i wish I would have stuck to burning cd's. I'm not saying its a bad game, but to much hype for a game not worth that much recognition.

I am now playing blood wake, the boats look great, but they didnt spend a lot of time on anything else. The water is far from realistic, at least what it should be on this great system they have inside the xbox. I guess the idea of landscape was not the first priority either cause the hills and islands look really fake too.

Well I guess not every game can be a masterpiece. I'll keep you posted when i find the game of all games on xbox

KraftSLU
Aug 14th, 2002, 05:46 PM
bloodwake = one of the worst xbox games out there. Its right down there with Kabuki warriors. I wouldn't expect too much out of that game. Anyways, I play halo for the multiplayer fun. Took me about 2 weeks to beat it on legendary since I could only play for an hour or so a day, but this game has crazy party/replay value.

jjmoohead
Aug 14th, 2002, 06:47 PM
I like the mutliplayer aspect of the game for sure. Its probably one of the most enjoyable, but I have still yet to find a multiplayer console game better then Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64.

Sure there are better looking games for sure, but i don't know its just something about the game that makes me compaire it to every other game out there and I still find it the best after all this time.

Good to see we agree on something Kraft, very disapointed in Blood Wake. I tried to play it more today but the longer i play it the more angree I get at myself for waisting my time.

lowdru2k2
Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:06 PM
JJmoohead you must be the superman of video gaming. Halo on Legendary is really hard and really fun to play. You must be mad that a PS2 game didn't win "game of the year". I havn't heard anyone say they didn't like Halo very much. The game is great.

lowdru2k2
Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:07 PM
oh yeah you wanna play another really good X-Box game, get Morrowind. It is one of the best RPG's I have played. It is really really long, there is so much to do, a really big replay value, and the game is fun with good graphics.

jjmoohead
Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:22 AM
I wouldn't say i am superman, but I admit I am usually a machine when it comes to FPS. I took me like a week to beat Halo on legendary if that helps?

I have also played Marrowind and actually own the game. It's really good I admit but the lagg factor is really driving me nuts. But hey if they make another one, im sure it will be the 2nd best RPG ever. I wont state #1 cause we all know what that is.

Just to point out I don't care what game wins Game of the Year no matter what system it is on. Just make sure its more then worthy of the selection. Anyway I didnt win game of the year at every place or magazine, I just know IGN selected it.

KraftSLU
Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead
I wont state #1 cause we all know what that is.

Yeah, chronotrigger ;)