PDA

View Full Version : Learn Something From It!

MakgSnake
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Ok This Is Not A MGS Thread. But An OVERALL "MGS" Type Game's Thread.

Ok I May Be Getting On Wrong Side With It. But I Believe That A Game Like "Metal Gear Solid" And "Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons Of Liberty".... Should Be A BOOK To Learn How To Make "GOOD, AMAZING" Games.......

I Mean.....When Will These Developers Learn Something From It. If We Can See And Experience Such MAGIC .... (MGS/MGS2) Why Cant They Try Making Anything CLOSE To It.

There Have Been Some Games. Trying To Be Like MGS But They Dont Come Close.

So Why Dont These OTHER Consoles Developers Make Games Like "MGS2"........ I Know Its Hard To Make Engines As Good As MGS2. But Still.

Everytime I See Or Play A NEW Action Game, in Some Way Or Another I Am Disappointed. XBOX Is Capable Of Doing Wonders, Right?. I Think Its About Time To "Create" Something Totally New Which Could Come Up Against ..... A GAME Like MGS2.

Or Hideo Would Be The Only Person To Re-Create The Magic Again, With MGS3.?@@

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:18 PM
Well theres a new title by ubi soft called Splinter Cell which is spose to be the so called MGS killer.Truthfully i extremly doubt it will happen.Reasons are no one yet has come up with a complex story for a game that even touches mgs and mgs2.Hideo has captured a great cinematic movie feel with mgs to make the game feel like a movie,which i most say is great.But if splinter cell isnt competition what is?We'll i guess we'll have to look to developers in the future to come up with new ways to revolutionize the genre.Maybe capcom will try something,there always good at making excellent storylines.

MakgSnake
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Maybe capcom will try something,there always good at making excellent storylines.
Yes SSSnake, I Agree On That......Capcom People Are Cunning I Think.

Like I Always Say, There Are Two Things In LIFE. Either U Create Or U Improve On Something. Capcom Is The One Who Tries To Improve What Has Already Been Created.

Like "Resident Evil"...Improving The "Survival" Genre. And Now Look At "Auto Modelista"...It'll Be An Improvement Over Racing Games.

So U Think Capcom Would Come Up With Something Like "MGS" And Actually Learn Something From It. And Make A "Better" Version Of It. It Doesn't Sound Possible, But Then Nothing Is Impossible On This Planet!

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 4th, 2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

So U Think Capcom Would Come Up With Something Like "MGS" And Actually Learn Something From It. And Make A "Better" Version Of It. It Doesn't Sound Possible, But Then Nothing Is Impossible On This Planet!

I think capcom could do something like it but not better it.It would be extremely cool to see them try.Hell put Shinji Mikami in charge and im sure he'll come up with something real good.

Harry
Aug 5th, 2002, 05:27 AM
There is also a more "practical" point that you should consider. Developing a game like MGS 2 is a matter of artistic skills, but it's also true that few companies can support the development time and cost of a game like Metal Gear Solid 2.

The game was in development for 3 years, it costed millions of dollars, and that's a risk for a publishing company. Of course, a company like Konami has the resources for this kind of projects, and the same can be said for Capcom, but not for many North American publishers.

MakgSnake
Aug 5th, 2002, 03:47 PM
True Harry, I Agree Lots Of Money Is Needed As Well To Make A GAME Like "MGS2"...... But MGS2 Is Till Not The Most Expensive Game. Its Shenmue Which Costed "20 Million" Dollars To Make. I Havn't Played Shenmue, But All I Know Is That, Its The Only Game Which I Think Can Compete Head to Head With "Metal Gear Solid 2" ........ Not In All Aspects But In Some Atleast!

Ok, They Dont Have Enough Resouces To Make Games Like "MGS2"... But They Can Atleast Try. Konami Is A HUGE Company, And We All Know "ONLY" Metal Gear Solid 2 Is The Game On Which "Konami" Has Worked For YEARS. Even Konami's EveryGame Is Not "MGS2".... Or EVEN Close.

So What I Am Saying Is That..... Why Not Companies Give "ONE" Game A Little MORE importance, And Make It As Good And LUSH As MGS2. For Example EA And Capcom, But I Dont See Anybig Thing From Their Sides As Well.

Spank-A-Thon
Aug 5th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Personally, while MGS1 & 2 are very good games, I do find them extremely over-rated...

I would definitely not say they are blueprints for the ideal video game. At lot of people found the torrent of cut-scenes in MGS2 boring. I myself found them to ruin the flow of the game some times.

There is no doubting the sheer quality and presentation of MGS2 is top notch - but to claim it is gaming perfection and should be imitated is somewhat ludicrous in my opinion.

I don't think there is any one game out there that can be called gaming perfection and used as a blueprint. It's all about taste, and one man's MGS2 is another man's Army Men...

- S

MakgSnake
Aug 6th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
It's all about taste, and one man's MGS2 is another man's Army Men...

- S
Thats What I Said In The Beginning Of The Thread, That I May Be Getting On The Wrong Side, Cause Its Mainly My Opinion. And Ure Right From Ure Point Of View That The "Cut Scenes" Were Long And Boring, But Ure Also Saying That "The Presentation" And The Quality Of The Game Was TOP NOTCH. So, We Come Back To Where I Started. "Learn Something From It"

Try Making The Game's Presentation And Qaulity The Way MGS2 Had, But (Dont Make The Mistake Of Making The Cut Scenes LONG And Dull) ........ Dont U Think Something BETTER Then MGS2 Just Might Come Out!?

MakgSnake
Aug 7th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by goodman
The games that are hyped/overhyped can often be disappointing. While a game with no hype whatsoever, turns into a well done, thought out game. And yes, ive always wondered if developers were really putting the right amount of time and effort into a lot of games
Yeah Thats One Thing That Pisses Me Off As Well, Look At "StuntMan"....Makes Me Wanna KICK "Reflection's" @$$. They Over Did It. I Mean They TOOK THEIR TIME And Still Didn't Work Hard On It, I Mean The First Time I Read About Stuntman Was When Ps2 Was Releasing Out.

Neways....... Developers Dont Put Enough Time on The Game, EVEN If They Put A Little Money On It. Publicity Is Good....Money Goes There As Well. But What The Point When U Havn't Spent Time On It!

Thats What I Am Saying......Learn Something From "Konami", They Spent Alot Of TIME On It, As Well As Money!

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 7th, 2002, 02:58 PM
I say if thet want an awesome game they should go to us the consumers to help make it.I mean if they want something that will please everyone.Why not go to those people or open up for suggestions.I mean i heck i would love it if i could offer some ideas for mgs3.

MakgSnake
Aug 7th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
I mean i heck i would love it if i could offer some ideas for mgs3.
Ok It Just Might Be Hard To Believe This But.......The Issue Of PSM2 (Premier Issue) Gave Us The Opportunity To Tell Kojima What "US" Consumers Really Want!.!

I Gave In Tons Of Ideas To Kojima Through That. Which I Think Was Great (I Guess Thats One Of The Reason MGS2 Turned Out To Be Amazing)

I Remember Telling Kojima That (Not Many People Are Happy With Snake's Beard, So Why Not Give An Option In Which Snake Shaves It Off After Half Of The Game Is Done.) And (Give Solid Snake A New Costume) And Things Like That. Seems Like I Wasn't The Only One Telling Kojima That Cause Both Of Em Went In For MGS2........And Many More Which I Told.

And Yeah SSSnake......It Would Be Amazing If A Thing Like That Happens Again. Cause I Know For Sure That U And I (Atleast) Have Amazing IDEAS For MGS3......For Its Gameplay And Its Storyline!....I Am Serious! :)