PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 3rd, 2002, 04:38 PM
LOOK OUT, S O L I D S N A K E !

The action/stealth genre will have a new hero this fall. In this third-person Tom Clancy thriller, you'll control Sam, an operative working under a "black ops" group of National Security Agency. You objective: Stop cyber terrorism at all costs. Since the game will take place in the Clancy universe, you can expect serious situations in 14 real-world locales. Even better, you'll have authentic military weapons and modern hi-tech gadgetry at your disposal to use on your enemies. Stealth will be the key to copleting m issions but of course, taking out a few hostiles will always be an option. Besides the engrossing game play, the visuals will be a big part of the game. Splinter Cell will run on a modified "next generation" Unreal Engine, which Ubi Soft promises will enable revolutionary lighting and motion effects.

RobHardo
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:00 PM
I heard Splinter Cell will be the solid snake of the x-box, so i might have to rent an x-box one day

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:03 PM
actually i heard its supposed to be the solid snake killer since its gonna blast mgs2 out of the water and it technicly couldnt be the solid snake of xbox since mgs substance is coming out for the xbox.

RobHardo
Aug 3rd, 2002, 07:43 PM
thats true

AsylumEscapee
Aug 4th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Neo_Soldier28
actually i heard its supposed to be the solid snake killer since its gonna blast mgs2 out of the water and it technicly couldnt be the solid snake of xbox since mgs substance is coming out for the xbox.
Yeah, like you know.

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:13 PM
Buddy no need to be so hostile for one i read that in game pro and im pretty sure they know what they are talking about and when i say thats what i heard i was refering to the article which stats that.

AsylumEscapee
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:41 PM
It said it was going to blow MGS out of the water?

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 4th, 2002, 10:12 PM
Yes that it was gonna be way better than mgs2.

AsylumEscapee
Aug 4th, 2002, 10:44 PM
I doubt they know.

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 4th, 2002, 11:50 PM
Ok here is what i know about major companies such as game pro they meet with executives and get shown little teasers such was said when they were invited to see mortal combats dead alliance but even tho the game isnt done they got to get the jist of what the game is about trust me on this one these arent just some kids sitting at home guessing what a game looks like and how it plays, but they could be completly wrong on the story and it could be one of the dumbest stories around we will just have to wait and see.l

MakgSnake
Aug 7th, 2002, 03:52 PM
The Game Looks Good, But TRUST ME, Its Noooooo Way Close To "MGS2" ........... Noway! I Saw The Movie Just Right Now... And The Gameplay Looks Very GOOD And Neat, But The GAME Over All Cannot TOUCH "Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons Of Liberty"...........Not Even Its FOOT.

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 7th, 2002, 05:02 PM
LOL yea you all seem to think that my opinion is its gonna destroy mgs2 thats not my opinion thats what the game pros opinion is i am not going to make an opinion about it till it comes out and if it does destroy mgs2 i will become very depressed since MGS2 ROCKS!!!

Anthony41988
Aug 7th, 2002, 09:10 PM
I can't wait to play Splinter Cell, but i don't think the storyline is gonna be az compelling or interesting az Metal Gear Solid 2. But it lookz lyk a kick azz game none-the-less.

Si|ent
Aug 8th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Splinter cell will one to be gotten but i have a feeling that the story is gonna be bland compared to MGS 2 but the grafix ect look pretty dang good.