PDA

View Full Version : MGS2 killer?

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 3rd, 2002, 04:27 PM
I am looking at the Splinter Cell review and its not looking good for MGS2 splinter cell looks amazing with alot of real life arsenals, graphics look amazing and unlike MGS2 there are 14 real-world locales. What do you think of this hyped up game i think its going to be amazing.

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 3rd, 2002, 04:34 PM
Yeah this is one of those titles that you have to get for the xbox.Its sure to be one of the best new stealth adventure games of this year.I'm hoping it turns out really good and ubi soft takes there time.

Harry
Aug 3rd, 2002, 07:40 PM
Yes, this will be one of the hottes titles for the Xbox, but on my opinion the game could be a big disappointment for the ones waiting for a MGS2 killer.

Splinter Cell is full of amazing realism and all the rest, but from what I've seen so far in the hi-res in-game movies, the engine - able to render ultra-detailed environments filled with gorgeous effects - lacks the smoothness and the animations of MGS2.

Speaking of the gameplay etc. the game seems to me more a simulation than a game with the purpose of narrating a strong story with strong characters, while many players are expecting exactly this from Splinter Cell. Am I the only one with this impression?

I think that there are many and many reasons to anticipate this title, but please, not as a MGS2 killer!

And as SSSnake said, I hope that UbiSoft will take their time on this one - the release of a rushed version could ruin this wannabe masterpiece.

KraftSLU
Aug 3rd, 2002, 09:11 PM
I totally agree with harry on this one. MG games have always made me think 'damn, thats an awesome storyline!' while clancy games leave me thinking 'damn, killing terrorist is a lot of fun!'. While both use a lot of stealth and killing, that doesn't make them the same game.

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 3rd, 2002, 09:26 PM
i personally dont think they are really comparable either. The story makes the game and well usually Clancy games are all logic and strats to get threw them with a real cut and dry story saying this is what you have to do. But i think this game has a lot of potential a good one to keep your eye on for the XBOX ;)

Harry
Aug 3rd, 2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
I totally agree with harry on this one. MG games have always made me think 'damn, thats an awesome storyline!' while clancy games leave me thinking 'damn, killing terrorist is a lot of fun!'. While both use a lot of stealth and killing, that doesn't make them the same game.

Yeah, that's exactly the point, I think 100% the same!

AsylumEscapee
Aug 4th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Everyone's recommending it for the Xbox. Isn't this game also comming out for the PS2?

Ah, and I'm expecting something "different" from MGS. Also, I don't know how much realism you're going to find. I saw the trailer, and I remember seeing a guy doing a split in midair to keep himself elevated between two walls. Yes, it's possible, but not realistic.

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:10 PM
To answer your question about is splinter cell coming out for the ps2 no its not as of right now its an XBOX exclusive.

AsylumEscapee
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Neo_Soldier28
To answer your question about is splinter cell coming out for the ps2 no its not as of right now its an XBOX exclusive.
Oh? Is this (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/357/357807p1.html) information outdated?

MakgSnake
Aug 4th, 2002, 09:00 PM
MGS2 Killer??.?? Hahaha..... Sorry, But I Found It Funny.

This Game Looks Good........ But Not A KILLER ............

Infact.....I Dont See Anygame......That Could Be Called An "MGS2" Killer...........! Right! Wrong?

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 4th, 2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by AsylumEscapee

Oh? Is this (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/357/357807p1.html) information outdated?

Must not be it just shows in my game pro that its for XBOX and it doesnt show it going for any other console but i hope it does come ps2 so i can check it out. I was just rereading that link your posted and i found this tidbit interesting.

"Splinter Cell is planned for PS2 but only after XBox and probably only in 2003," said a Ubi Soft representative.

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 4th, 2002, 10:20 PM
Ok Splinter Cell is time released.The xbox will have the exclusive rights to it for about 6 months then the ps2 will get it...nuff said.

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 4th, 2002, 10:22 PM
Thx for clearin that up SSSnake.

AsylumEscapee
Aug 4th, 2002, 10:43 PM
Ah, good. So its NOT an Xbox exclusive.
Yes, 'nuff said.

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 4th, 2002, 11:51 PM
LOL enough said is right i think this thread can be closed now.

*Cough* exclusive *cough* for *cough* six *cough* months *cough*

AsylumEscapee
Aug 5th, 2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Neo_Soldier28
LOL enough said is right i think this thread can be closed now.

*Cough* exclusive *cough* for *cough* six *cough* months *cough*

UGH!

*cough*metalgear*cough*onimusha*cough cough*allthesame

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 5th, 2002, 11:17 AM
LOL you had the coughs too eh.

AsylumEscapee
Aug 5th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Contagious, you know?

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 5th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Yea those coughs will get ya everytime ya gotta watch out for them LOL.