PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 0

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 3rd, 2002, 04:15 PM
This is a review of the game that i got in my game pro it looks very impressive for the game cube.

The game in my mind sounds pretty dang impresive what do you guys think.

Terror Train-
Rather than add another sequel to the Resident Evil series, Capcom's next franchise installment will be a prequel to the very first RE game -- hence the suffix 0. As the first all original RE title for the GameCube (it was initially developed for the nintendo 64 but that version was scrapped), 0 will tell the story of S.T.A.R.S. Bravo team medic Rebeeca Chambers through events that occured before the first Resident Evil game. After there helicopter crashe-lands in a forest near Raccoon City, the S.T.A.R.S. Bravo team discovers an overturned truck and several dead navy officers. The team is then ordered to find Captain Billy Cowen, who was traveling with the officer and isnt amoung the dead. The Bravo team's search quickly leads to a freight train that's filled with zombies, mutated dogs, and other monstrous Umbrella creations....

What's Next --"Resident Evil- 1?-
So what could possibly be new in this latest Resident Evil game? For starters, this version won't feature item boxes. In 0 you'll be able to drop items anywhere you want and collect them at that same location at any time. The other new key feature will be "Partner Zapping," which will enable you to switch between controlling Billy and Rebecca on the fly; however; you'll have to use care when moving between the two characters because if either Billy or Rebecca are killed the game will end. When the uncontrolled character is attacked, they'll send a distress call to the one currently under the player's control. Teamwork will also play an important part in the game as the two characters will unlock doors for each other and work together to solve puzzles.

Ground 0-
Graphically, RE0 will retain the prerendered background scheme that has become a trademark of the Resident Evil series, but you can also expect the graphics to be as good as if not better than those featured in the first Resident Evil GameCube adventure. 0 promises to consume a hefty share of time, too, since its story will unfold over two discs.

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 3rd, 2002, 04:36 PM
Yeah another title im going to have to pick up come novemeber.Hopefully capcom refines the control scheme a little so it doesnt feel so sloppy.But for the outlook i think it will be another killer release for the GC.