PDA

View Full Version : Xbox: which are the first games to get?

Bogart
Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:17 PM
Hi guys,

I'm going to get my Xbox soon, and I'd like to have your opinion for the first games I should get for the system. I've my ideas, but I'd really like to read your impressions and suggestion. Please, no sports Games!

I really like many of the threads in the Other Consoles forums, they are always useful, full of information, and I've seen there are many great people like Harry, KraftSLU, Blackthorn and all the others that are always willing to give their unbiased impressions.

Thanks all!

AsylumEscapee
Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:25 PM
I don't have an Xbox.
But from what I hear you should probably get Halo, and Morrowind before anything else. Xbox owners would probably agree.

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:55 PM
The xbox is a great purchase here some of the first titles i would recommend.Halo,Morrowind,Outlaw golf,Hunter.

RobHardo
Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:49 PM
None! get a Ps2!!!!! lol well i would say Hunter the Reckoning, (d@mn that big teddy bear gave me nightmares) DOA3, and I don't know what else, o ye Halo

Mercury Shadow
Aug 3rd, 2002, 12:30 AM
Going in order from first to last...

Halo
Dead or Alive 3
Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee
Dead To Rights
Enclave
Hunter: The Reckoning
Morrowind
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2x

Harry
Aug 3rd, 2002, 09:04 AM
Hmmm... my choices would be in order

Morrowind
Hunter: The Reckoning
Halo

With much more games to come in the next months.

KraftSLU
Aug 4th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Hey Bogart, sorry I missed this thread, thankfully Harry pointed it out to me :) Anyways, it totally depends on what kind of games you are looking for.

If you are into RPGs then morrowind is an ABSOLUTE must! But you need to play it for at least on hour. I got my roommate playing this game and at first he said 'i hate it, it is the worst game I've ever touched' but then he got all involved (which is very easy to do) and now he's put more time into than I have, which is 150+ hours!!!!

Halo is a must if you have any interest at all in first person shooters, also a must if you have any friends who you want to humiliate with your superior gaming skills :) This is still the xbox flagship and for damn good reason.

Personally I wouldn't recommend buying hunter for the sole reason that it is a very short game. Me, my girlfriend and my roommate had it beat in 2 days, then in the next two days we had it rented me and my roommate beat it with the individual characters. And it doesn't have a super amount of replay value. Same goes for Blood Omen 2, damn fun game, no replay value.

There are other decent games out there. Fusion Frenzy is an awesome party games if you have friends that come over to play. Kinda the Xbox Mario Party. I can't tell you much about any of the new games that have come out (enclave, crazy taxi, totaled!, agressive inline, splashdown) as I've been working some crazy overtime opening up a brand new dept. store so I haven't gotten to game much lately.

I would definately suggest Halo or Morrowind though. Even if you just buy one of those games, you are going to be occupied for a long time with either, giving you a chance to rent and play some other games to see what you like. Also, I am a memeber of a few good xbox sites that offer great reviews and people will talk to you about games that they've played. Im not gonna spam their names here, but if you send me a private message I'll fill you in on them. They are a great resource, just as this site is a great resource for ps2!

Anthony41988
Aug 7th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Get these games:

Halo
Amped
Morrowind
Fusion Frenzy
DOA3

Also, there are alotta tight a$$ gamez comin out:
NFL 2k3
Brute Force
Unreal Championship
Star Wars:KOTOR
Splinter Cell
Ghost Recon
Blinx
Rainbow Six: Raven Shield
Metal Gear Solid: Substance
MechAssault

Those are just some of the gr8 gamez comin out. Not to mention Xbox Live. U wont regret ur xbox purchasei guaran-damn-tee it!

ZeroBeat77
Aug 14th, 2002, 06:34 PM
doa3 for gameplay & tag mode
&
halo for gameplay and multiplayer modes
&
fuzion frenzy for gameplay and good game for a party