PDA

View Full Version : List at least 5 anime series you recommend to others!

Eternal Life
Aug 1st, 2002, 10:10 AM
I'm kinda new, so I don't know if it's been asked before and anyway if it is, your taste can change :D

You can list more than 5 (but please, not more than 10), and basically this is also to know what are your fave series, because it's obvious that if you recommend something it means you really like it :right:

Here's the top 5 I'd recommend to others (and these are also my fave series at the moment):
Inu Yasha
Card Captor Sakura
Slayers
Vision of Escaflowne
Fruits Basket

Now it's your turn!

Pu the Owl
Aug 1st, 2002, 10:15 AM
Ok, you said no more than 10...

One Piece
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Serial Experiments Lain
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Boogiepop Phantom
Hellsing
Gensomaden Saiyuki
Fushigi no Umi no Nadia
Kare Kano ( this is to add some variety, because the list, apart from One Piece, is more on the "gloomy" or "tragic" side o_O; )

merylsilverburg
Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Life
Here's the top 5 I'd recommend to others (and these are also my fave series at the moment):
Inu Yasha
Card Captor Sakura
Slayers
Vision of Escaflowne
Fruits Basket

You've seen "Fruits Basket"?! Hooray! *celebrates* I love that series so much and I'm so happy you've seen it. :happy: Okay, here's my list:

Hellsing
Gensomaden Saiyuki
Fruits Basket
Houshin Engi Sekaikaden (Soul Hunter)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Rurouni Kenshin
Fushigi Yuugi (Mysterious Play)
Shoujo Kakumei Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun

Frozen
Aug 2nd, 2002, 05:59 AM
Damn, everybody likes Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Rurouni Kenshin, and Evangelion. I recommend those, but I'll add some others:

Dragon Ball Z XD

Saint Seiya

Digimon!!! (just kidding :laugh: ) (I hate it with all my heart and soul, meaning no ofense to anyone of course)

Vampire Hunter D (watched it recently and loved it )

Record of Lodoss War (if you want to see an anime version of Lord of The Rings, there you go :laugh: ) (Just seen a few chapters, but it's awsome!!! )

Ninja Scroll ( got to love that movie )

Hylas
Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:09 AM
I don't mind repeating what other said, because it means those anime series are really good :laugh:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Serial Experiments Lain
Kodomo no Omocha
Slayers
Trigun

RobHardo
Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:10 AM
Princess Mononoke

DBZ (of course)

Aika series (not akira , Aika)

Tenchi (all)

Outlaw Star

Cannibal Clown
Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:41 AM
Cowboy Bebop
Neon Genisis Evangelion
Tenkuu No Escaflowne
Saber Maronette J
Tenchi Muyo (Not Tenchi Universe, and especially not Tenchi in Tokyo)
Outlaw Star
Gundam Wing

Eternal Life
Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
[B]

You've seen "Fruits Basket"?! Hooray! *celebrates* I love that series so much and I'm so happy you've seen it. :happy: Okay, here's my list:

Of course I like Fruits Basket! Who doesn't? XD
That series is just to cute! And it's not the typical shojo as well, which adds a certain touch to it!

merylsilverburg
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:34 AM

That series is just to cute! And it's not the typical shojo as well, which adds a certain touch to it!

Tell me about it! I don't know how anyone can hate Fruits Basket (unless you're not into shoujo for the slightest bit), but it's one of the best series I've ever seen. Such a shame it's only 26 episodes though. :(

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:02 PM
Blue Gender
Escaflowne
CowBoy Bebop
Akira
Dragonball(z)(gt)

Pu the Owl
Aug 4th, 2002, 06:46 AM

I must see this Fruits Basket someday... I've heard it's nice, but I don't know if it's my genre :P

merylsilverburg
Aug 5th, 2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Fortune

I must see this Fruits Basket someday... I've heard it's nice, but I don't know if it's my genre :P

Ah Fortune, this is one of the best shoujos I have seen. Like Eternal Life said, it's not your typical shoujo because there's not any of those "mushy mushy" scenes. It's a basically an sad and yet cheerful comedy anime and it....oh, it's too good to put in words. You have to at least give it a try. :)

Pu the Owl
Aug 5th, 2002, 06:25 AM
I've heard it's not a typical shoujo series, but maybe I still have to see the "typical" shoujo series, so I don't care about it being typical or not. The thing that leaves me some doubts is the style of the series. I've only looked at some images and it reminded me of a sort of mix between Clamp and Sailor Moon style (the style of the anime).

Black Heart
Aug 5th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Fushigi no Umi no Nadia

There's someone who can still remember this series!
It's my fave one of all times :D

merylsilverburg
Aug 6th, 2002, 03:48 AM
I've heard it's not a typical shoujo series, but maybe I still have to see the "typical" shoujo series, so I don't care about it being typical or not. The thing that leaves me some doubts is the style of the series. I've only looked at some images and it reminded me of a sort of mix between Clamp and Sailor Moon style (the style of the anime).

That's true, but the style of the drawings, though it may look Sailormoon-ish and CLAMP-ish, fits perfectly with the story. Ah, well, it's your decision if you want to watch it or not, I'm just saying it's really good despite the style. :)

BlackThornn
Aug 13th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Tenchi Muyo (Origional OVA.. ..and "Universe" TV series to a lesser extent.. avoid tenchi in tokyo like the plauge it is)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (I've never gotten the pronounciation for that right.. is it evanJelion, or evanGelion?? >_<!)

Cowboy Beebop (But of course)

Akira

Princess Mononoke

Record of Lodoss War (I've liked it.. figure others might like it.. *shrugs*)

Slayers (NOT the dub.. Get subbed, trust me..)

Sorcerer Hunters (..For some reason never "popular" perse'.. but I think it's a good anime.)

merylsilverburg
Aug 13th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by BlackThornn
Tenchi Muyo (Origional OVA.. ..and "Universe" TV series to a lesser extent.. avoid tenchi in tokyo like the plauge it is)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (I've never gotten the pronounciation for that right.. is it evanJelion, or evanGelion?? >_<!)

Cowboy Beebop (But of course)

Akira

Princess Mononoke

Record of Lodoss War (I've liked it.. figure others might like it.. *shrugs*)

Slayers (NOT the dub.. Get subbed, trust me..)

Sorcerer Hunters (..For some reason never "popular" perse'.. but I think it's a good anime.)

Great choices! I like Sorcerer Hunters too, but it's not one of my favorites. :) Evangelion....if you want to pronounce it the way the Japanese do, then it's EvanGelion. If you want to pronounce it the way Americans do, then it's EvanJelion. I prefer the Japanese way...just sounds cooler. :heh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 13th, 2002, 09:05 PM
1.Outlaw Star
2.Gundam Wing
3.Cowboy Bebop
4.Dragon Ball Z
5.Zoids

BlackThornn
Aug 13th, 2002, 10:55 PM
*nods* I prefer EvanGelion, too.. *needs to break himself of the habit of saying evanJelion, though*

Thanks for the info, Meryl. :D

Pu the Owl
Aug 14th, 2002, 05:42 PM
I think names should always be pronounced like in the original version. If they're translated, well, you have to change the pronounciation, but if they're not translated, the original usually sounds better...
And the "Evangelion" part of the title has not been changed (as it happened for the "Shin Seiki" part replaced by "Neon Genesis").
Boring way to say that I think it must be pronounced as meryl said :right:

Lilly
Aug 18th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Cowboy Bebop
Evangelion
GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Inu Yasha
Serial Experiments: Lain
Akira

Ninja
Aug 20th, 2002, 01:49 AM
1)Saint Seiya