PDA

View Full Version : "Better being hated than being forgotten"

Ruby Moon
Jul 31st, 2002, 10:16 AM
This is a really classic question. It's a common theme in books, poetry, movies and also in real life.
It's been asked several times and thinking about it still I don't know which one is better.
Is love better than hate? I think depends on the kind of love and on the kind of hate. Maybe if your hatred is a noble feeling, is better hating someone than loving in a weak way.
And for the person who receives these feelings back is it just the same? Or is it better to be ignored than being hated by anyone? Or being loved at all costs, even if it's only in a very superficial way?

Pu the Owl
Jul 31st, 2002, 11:29 AM
Being hated or loved look really alike when they're not superficial feelings. Love makes you feel safe while hate gives you reason to improve yourself. I think both of them can be "positive" feelings if they're pure. I'm not talking of envy, which is really similar to hate but it's not a pure feeling at all. And I'm not talking of the kind of love you can feel just for a brief period or that resembles more to empathy.
Being ignored or forgotten, as the quote you posted in the title, is the worst thing.

Cannibal Clown
Jul 31st, 2002, 11:42 AM
There are a lot of people in this world that hyate me. Far more than there are that love me, or even ignoreme. So i pbviously voted for love. It's a good feeling.

Hylas
Jul 31st, 2002, 01:29 PM
I think I don't like the idea of being hated... I'd rather be ignored. But being loved is the best XD

Rei
Jul 31st, 2002, 01:48 PM
I wonder if there's someone who can say to prefer being hated above all...

But I think it's true that being ignored is the worst, because it makes you feel so unimportant and helpless.

The Skum
Jul 31st, 2002, 01:53 PM
being hated! So i know who to attack and defend against...hmm wait a min this wasnt a war question huh

Rei
Jul 31st, 2002, 01:55 PM
ROFL :laugh:
I bet it's because of the image in your signature.
Better you change it to a tiny lil pink rabbit...

kupoartist
Jul 31st, 2002, 02:30 PM
to me, being ignored and being hated are pretty much the same thing anyway, but I'd actually disagree with the "To be forgotten is worse that death" line... but only for people who I simply wish i'd never met ^_^ - Everyone else needs to remember me damnit :happy:

Naturally, nothing in the world beats that warm fuzzy feeling that Love gives you... especially as love breeds love in most people.

Pu the Owl
Aug 1st, 2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by the_artist

Naturally, nothing in the world beats that warm fuzzy feeling that Love gives you... especially as love breeds love in most people.

I've always thought the artist must be a cute person :D

007_JamesBond
Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:27 PM
I dont want to be any of those, loved would be good but wishful thinking doesn't work

Spirit
Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:26 PM
loved would make any person happy. The question is if its true love >.<

007_JamesBond
Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:46 PM
spirit the way I could think of it there is no such thing as true love

Gadzoox
Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:36 PM
I'll remember all of you!! And love you all too! Unless you would rather be hated, then that could be arranged. ;)

I'd rather be loved rather than hated or ignored. Or even remembered, that would be good enough. :happy:

MakgSnake
Aug 3rd, 2002, 08:05 AM
I'll Take This In A Different Manner, I Dont Mind Being Loved, But Even If I Am Hated..........Its Cool, Cause As Far As I Have Been Taught, Is That When Someone Says Bad About You, Ure Sins Are Being Dedected. So Its Cool.

Being Ignored Is The Scariest! :shock: