PDA

View Full Version : Do you love your life?

Hylas
Jul 31st, 2002, 07:02 AM
Just wondering.
Do you love your life or life in general in its many forms? Do you ever regret being born? Do you ever think life is mean? If so, what do you think it's the reason? People? The nature of human being? The fact life is nothing but a chaotic stream?
Would you rather be anything else, I mean any other form of living creature besides yourself or being human?

Frozen
Jul 31st, 2002, 07:29 AM
You've watched too much Evangelion :laugh:

j/k :D

I don't know. I don't feel that I love my life. I don't think I hate it either. Is just a feeling that keeps changing constantly. Many times have I wished I was not born. Some others I've been grateful for being alive.

As for life itself, I don't know what it is either. But it is granted the fact that it is not fair. It never has been and it never will. And we must never hope life to be fair. That's why we don't understand tragedy and pain. We always say "it's not fair" and indeed, it is not. But it's up to us to face it with all our strength and wisdom, that is, if we actually have some of that.

But I know that something lies beyond life. What it may be, I do not know either. The answer to that question will be given us by death, I believe. That's why I'm going to commit Sepukku rite now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :heh: (stupid joke of mine :right: )

And definitely, is because of human beings how our lives are nowadays. But alas, I'm now getting dizzy with all this.

I'll just stay with the idea that we live to have some experiences, thus achieve certain knowledge which we will carry until our death. And then something superior is for us to come, but I could not express it with words o_O

Ruby Moon
Jul 31st, 2002, 09:56 AM
I never regret to be born (even if from the signature you can get a different idea lol) and in general I don't think life is so mean. At least this comes from my personal experience. I've never had big troubles or tragedies, so I think this influenced my way of seeing life.
But I think that yes, life is really chaotic and you can never tell what's going to happen. You have an idea and then something happens and you have to change your mind the day after. I don't see a specific purpose in life, at least in mine. I only try to take things as they are and never try to guess if anything's gonna change tomorrow or the day after. I think this solves a lot of the worries you can have in your life.

jjmoohead
Jul 31st, 2002, 11:28 AM
Of course I love myslef and my life,

I mean common, look at this face!

Cannibal Clown
Jul 31st, 2002, 11:45 AM
I'va said this before, and i will say it again.

I hate my life, i hate myself, i hate everything about me and how the things in my life seem to make everyday a living hell. people suck, i suck, and all things that have an influence on my life sucks. Except for my friends of coarse. They aree the only things that seeem to keep me going.

I'm not going to bother getting too deep into it. What was said seems to cover enough ground for me.

LIFE F*CKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Pu the Owl
Jul 31st, 2002, 12:13 PM
My one regret in life is that I am not someone else.
Woody Allen

Rei
Jul 31st, 2002, 01:51 PM
I think my attitude towards life is in the middle between love and hate. Sometimes life is unfair and I feel like I hate it, some other times I love being alive because there are so many bright spots that you can't even imagine.
As for being anything else, well, sometimes I think about it, but I don't think being me is so terribly bad ;)

Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 31st, 2002, 01:57 PM
I dont hate my life it all.I just dislike everything around me.Like this world.Its all to politically correct.Everyone is obnoxious and there all looking towards there own selfsih desires.I mean there some incredibly nice people that should have great lifes but are walked over by others who enjoying ruining everybody elses life.I don't say hate your life i say if anything hate the people that make it so horrible.

kupoartist
Jul 31st, 2002, 02:42 PM
not particuarly... sometimes I feel hard done by, but I always move on. That philosophy has worked for 15 (16 soon ^_^) years, and I always like to think things will get better. If they don't, I can at least hope that I still have life's little sanctury's to go to when I'm feeling down...

TtTackler
Aug 1st, 2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
I'va said this before, and i will say it again.

I hate my life, i hate myself, i hate everything about me and how the things in my life seem to make everyday a living hell. people suck, i suck, and all things that have an influence on my life sucks. Except for my friends of coarse. They aree the only things that seeem to keep me going.

I'm not going to bother getting too deep into it. What was said seems to cover enough ground for me.

LIFE F*CKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

You saved me a lot of typing man...except for the part of friend's..My "friend's" make my life even worse...Gar, go fetch me some red bleach -.-;;

Spank-A-Thon
Aug 1st, 2002, 05:37 PM
Seems to be a lot of teenage angst in this thread...

Anyway, life is a journey. It's a bumpy road - it can't always be smooth. But the potholes and rough times are what shape us as people - it's how we develop.

Sure, there are aspects of my life that I'm not exactly happy with, but there are other parts I am very happy with... However, it sickens me to see so many off you say you hate life or dislike it...

Try being handicapped, mentally or physically. What about living in Africa suffering from famine, dying of starvation? What about the kids who are dying of cancer or AIDS? They'll never have a life. What about the innocent kids caught up in the Israel/Palenstine situation? What about Afghan children who have no future? What about people living below the poverty line, or who are homeless with no money and no future?

I could go on all day...

You people who say you hate life haven't got a clue about what really hating life is... There are millions and millions of people out there would would do anything to swap places with you... Count yourselves lucky and cherish the gift of life.

- S

Pu the Owl
Aug 1st, 2002, 06:02 PM
Spank-A-Thon, being poor, living in a coutry like Africa and suffering from famine or other terrible diseases or also having troubles like being handicapped are not the only real problems in life. Of course they are really serious (I'm not that stupid to say they're not), but it's a stereotype always keeping on quoting those problems as if they were the only ones you can call real. There are many studies telling that one of the greatest and most common diseases of the last century is called "depression", and there are several other sub-categories you can include in the same area as well. Many people, as you maybe (at least from what I'm reading..), don't even consider this problem as a really serious and effective illness and they keep on telling "It's nothing but teenage angst". I don't think you can call this only "teenage angst" because you know, there are actually many persons who are not teenagers at all that consider life painful and unfair even if they don't have the "real" problems you mentioned in your post. They hear speeches as the one you posted every single day from many different sources and they hear people telling them they don't have a serious problem because they don't have cancer, they have a work, they have a family, they live in the "right part of the world" and so on. But you know, those persons can even have their lives ruined by this kind of difficulties, even if their existance seems to be so normal and bright to persons like you.

007_JamesBond
Aug 1st, 2002, 08:10 PM
I hate it but I would not trade it for another, for personal reasons. I am the only one that can live it. but in life there is only a few people that I trust, only a few, to normal people though I dont trust them, more to come later

jjmoohead
Aug 1st, 2002, 10:16 PM
Ok everyone knows i am always trying to be funny. I joke about everything. My views are that if i can't at least pretend to be happy then why bother.

Do I love my life, no not really. I like my life, but I don't love it. At the age of 21 I own a house, a car and am about to start my 4th year of university. These things I love.

What I dont love is how Im lazy, I have a crappy attitude towards school work, and I can't stand being alone, which has been the majority of my life. I hate not having a girlfriend, I have even tried long distance realationships and they just don't cut it for me. I need someone in my arms. I hate that I can't have that all the time.

I love that I can play almost every sport and have at least a small amount of talent in all of them. I love how I can wipe the floor with any person in my city in 10 pin bowling and that I was a national champion. I hate however that the location I am in will never prove my potential to anyone cause the compatition just isn't there and I dont get the equipment handed to me like people in big citys do when they are good.

I hate how i have to find a new job now cause my old one took away all personal privacy by installing cameras that tape you every move.

I love how I can trust almost anyone but hate that I don't see that someone people are just losers. I love that I have the greatest friends anyone could ask for and that they would do anything for me. but I hate that I can hardly get in a relationship witha girl cause im not rude and dont smoke drugs to look cool.

My life overal is good. I make laughter a key part of my day or the day is not worth living. If I feel crappy I wont do anything. ANYTHING! If Im in a happy mood the sky is the limit.

Man it feels good to talk like this.

RobHardo
Aug 1st, 2002, 10:25 PM
I think my life is going good at the moment, I have a warm bed, a roof over my head, hey to make one more rhyme and i'm not dead. So no complaints here.

Sometimes I feel the world is against me though, like sometimes i'm playing online and no one will cooperate or in a soccer game no one will pass to me for one missed shot.

But all in all I like the way my life is going but I know it will change and all, but change is a very good thing.

Gadzoox
Aug 1st, 2002, 11:30 PM
Wow, we all certainly have very different view on things like this. It is nice to be able to open up and be completely honest about this sort of thing. So here I go.

I used to be rather depressed, went to a psychologist and the whole bit, except for pills, I didn't want to touch those. I was like that for about a year.
One day I was thinking, "Why do I feel this way?" well I know I'm a very sensitive person. I'd take on everyones problems, including my friends, my family, even people on the news. The state of the world in general brough me down.

Anyway, to make a long boring story short, I just realized, "Why am I wasting my time being miserable?! It sucks! I only have one life to live (so far as I know) and I don't want to miss out on the fun parts!"

So then I became an optimist! Scary thought, I know, but I love every single day! Every experience has something to teach, as does everyone I meet.

So folks, get the most out of life you can! That's what I say anyways.. Its sad to see people sit around and complain about their lives, to have a good life you have to do something about it!

So that's my motivational speech forever. :laugh:

Spank-A-Thon
Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Fortune
Spank-A-Thon, being poor, living in a coutry like Africa and suffering from famine or other terrible diseases or also having troubles like being handicapped are not the only real problems in life. Of course they are really serious (I'm not that stupid to say they're not), but it's a stereotype always keeping on quoting those problems as if they were the only ones you can call real. There are many studies telling that one of the greatest and most common diseases of the last century is called "depression", and there are several other sub-categories you can include in the same area as well. Many people, as you maybe (at least from what I'm reading..), don't even consider this problem as a really serious and effective illness and they keep on telling "It's nothing but teenage angst". I don't think you can call this only "teenage angst" because you know, there are actually many persons who are not teenagers at all that consider life painful and unfair even if they don't have the "real" problems you mentioned in your post. They hear speeches as the one you posted every single day from many different sources and they hear people telling them they don't have a serious problem because they don't have cancer, they have a work, they have a family, they live in the "right part of the world" and so on. But you know, those persons can even have their lives ruined by this kind of difficulties, even if their existance seems to be so normal and bright to persons like you. I understand what you're saying Fortune, but I don't agree with you.. The examples I have mentioned may seem like 'cliched' problems - but they are real problems...

Everyone in these forums has access to some kind of PC. That means there is one in the family (so you have a roof over your head and a certain degree of disposable income), or you have access to one at school (which means you have the opportunity to be educated), or maybe it's at work (in which case you have a job and thus have potential). So to be *****ing about how bad life is, when some people will never get to even see a PC, seems somewhat bad taste.

Sure, people suffer from depression. Sure, things don't always go well in life, and sure - sometimes I haven't been happy with my life... But to say you hate life is too much...

Don't know if anyone has ever noticed, but both my sig and custom title read the same thing - Carpe Diem Baby...

It means 'Sieze the day baby'...

If there is something you don't like about your life, Carpe Diem - Sieze the day and do something to try and change it!

We only get one shot at this life - so instead of wasting your time and b.i.t.c.h.ing about it - get up and do something!

Carpe Diem baby!!!

- S

Carlito
Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:43 AM
I agree both with Spank, on some aspects, and Fortune, for others. Everyone has really personal problems, so following your perspective you may think their problems are less important than others and they will do the same with you. The question is not understanding which problems are the most serious. Everyone who has troubles (material ones or not) has the right to say to not like or even hate life, because as I said this is really personal and depends on the person. Having a computer to get online or play videogames, having a family that loves you, having a good work it's not always the solution or the necessary requirement for a peaceful life. There are problems that are really mental and they cannot be solved even if you tell those persons 2 hundred times they have all the things that make a life happy. Maybe people that suffer from famine have not the time to think about being depressed, maybe it's only a status of people living in richest countries. But this is not enough to make them think about it and make them say "Ok, I'm lucky and I love my life". Everyone needs a specific cure and surely the problems Spank mentioned are not cliches, but keeping on telling people with other kind of problems what are the real tragedies in a human life is the worst cliche among all.

Mercury Shadow
Aug 3rd, 2002, 12:14 AM
I wouldn't say I love my life...

- I've lost a lotta my friends because I started getting into video games more and just had less and less in common with them. There aren't too many video gamers in my grade... yet I love video games so it keeps me occupied.

- I lost my only love when she moved to North Carolina, and I'm not too optimistic about girls.

- I have a great family.

- I get good grades yet I have no clue what I wanna do in life which is sorta depressing.

There's just something missing in my life and I still don't know what that is.

MakgSnake
Aug 3rd, 2002, 08:00 AM
Life Is The Way Its Suppose To Be. And Whatever Is Happening Is For The Best For Each One Of Us!.!

Life Is Life. Its Like A Circle. After Anything BAD In Ure Life, Something GOOD Will Happen. And After Getting Happiness, Something Bad Will Happen (I Am Not Saying It'll Happen Right After The Good) But ......... Its Moves In A Circle.

Whatever God Does, Is Always Good For Us!.!

Ruby Moon
Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:00 AM
Acceptance is really important to be happy with the life you have, but not anybody is able to accept the things they have. some of them are right, some of them not... I don't know if acceptance is a way to express your personal strenght. Maybe for someone it's just an habit.

JC Denton
Aug 3rd, 2002, 03:21 PM
you can be happy in many different ways, so more long lasting than others,
being loved is a very important one of these, it is quite important in the hierachy of needs, this aswell as social acceptance and the idea of being needed and remebered if you die. But self confidence is very important before you are able to love anyone else you must love yourself. Accepting yourself is as important as being accepting, often a lot of depression comes from people thinking they are not adequate, and often other people liking you can make you like yourself.

personally i would say i love my life, i am pleased with the way i am and what i have and the freinds i have and my family.

Qjij_jijQ
Aug 3rd, 2002, 04:35 PM
I will never be pleased... I have to improve myself everyday.
So, I guess I will never be happy... but I don't mind. :D

Daniel Legge
Aug 4th, 2002, 02:21 PM
yes i hate my life but thats probably my fault

RexNorton
Aug 4th, 2002, 11:42 PM
i let things slip for a while but i think i finally am getting on track

so yea, i like my life

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:54 PM
My life welll well well where to go with this lol well my life has a very painful long and frustrating path which most of my friends dont know about but im glad im alive i live each day a day at a time and say well better to live today as its fullest then to never have lived life at all.

Sleazy P Martini
Aug 5th, 2002, 09:01 PM
I'm very content. I have a wife who loves me, four wonderful cats, a nice apartment, loving family members, the list could go on. I was fortunate enough to be able to go back to school to get a better job......Life is great. I sincerely thank God. Life has it's ups and downs, but you have to look at the big picture. I'm thankful for what I have.

Rei
Aug 5th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
I'm very content. I have a wife who loves me, four wonderful cats, a nice apartment, loving family members, the list could go on. I was fortunate enough to be able to go back to school to get a better job......Life is great. I sincerely thank God. Life has it's ups and downs, but you have to look at the big picture. I'm thankful for what I have.

Finally a person who's completely satisfied :phew:
It's not so common nowadays...