PDA

View Full Version : Talking behind people's back

Pu the Owl
Jul 30th, 2002, 12:07 PM
Is it fine for you to talk behind people's back, or do you prefer to be always sincere, whatever is the matter?
For example, if there's anything wrong with a person you know, you go to this person telling what's wrong, or do you prefer talking with other people of those problems?
Or another thing: if you go to the person you're having problems with, you tell ALL the truth, or you act like if anything is ok and then again you go to other people telling them all about it?

Just curious, because it's very common to have problems of this kind with people who tell you something and then in reality they mean other things... It would be a lot easier if they tell you exactly what's wrong, so you can try to fix everything. Most of the times it's for silly matters...
Sad but true, isn't it?

Hadoken
Jul 30th, 2002, 12:23 PM
i guess it is true. but when someone goes to other people to talk, its just them going to someone to talk to, besides the person they're having problems with. maybe the person is in need of more advice, or they feel that the other person isnt being entirely honest back to them.

but i dont think people should talk behind someone elses back. they should always talk directly with the other person some.

Lost_myth
Jul 30th, 2002, 12:43 PM
I agree with what you said, you go to someone else to talk. That is basically all it is. Not to gossip, but to talk.

Hence, gossip is also a type of talk. Gossip is the one thing you don't want to be caught doing and it's one of the worse things to do to a friend.

Thus, there are times when it's neccessary and there are times when your friend or person should kick ur butt to the curb for doing so.

Black Heart
Jul 30th, 2002, 06:08 PM
I think talking behind people's backs is natural, but it's really wrong! Yes, you can need an advice, but you should talk about your problems with the right people, not to people who are not inolved!

IcyMourdor
Jul 30th, 2002, 06:36 PM
I go straight to the person I have problems with and tell them off. Why go behind their back and then look like a wuss?

Spirit
Jul 30th, 2002, 10:20 PM
have to say it would depend on the situation but I do it quite a bit. I usually don't make fun of the person just talk about him/her =P

jjmoohead
Jul 31st, 2002, 01:42 AM
I have a tough time telling someone something to there face. I don't usually talk behind someones back to other people though. That is rude. Most of the time I bring it up jokingly like man do you know your the most annoying loser i know. and then laugh after it. Most of the time they say shutup and thats that. I tell you though, if someone said to you, "god your ugly and you smell bad" and then laughed jokingly, I know the first thing you would do is look in a mirror and convince your self your attractive and then smell yourself to make sure your 100% smelly free. then tell them to shutup.

Do you get it? It works!

Frozen
Jul 31st, 2002, 07:13 AM
I don't know if this exactly recalls hypocresy. As for hypocresy, man.... :mad: I hate people like that. I am usually a very frank person, I say things as they are, or at least, as how I believe they are.

However, just talking at their back without being hypocrite, is not a bad thing, depending on the case. I usually do it when I don't know some one, so I prefer to be wise and talk to other people about such person to inform myself better about them, and then, if I think I need to tell them something is wrong with them, I'll already know how I'll adress to them so they won't take it as an offense but as a constructive critizacion (or critic, how do you say that? :P )

But well, yeah, when I think something about some one I rather tell them first than talking behind them. But I usually just don't talk behind them at all, unless I need to, as for what I've said above. o_O

Ruby Moon
Jul 31st, 2002, 10:00 AM
Ok, I admit it: many times I've talked behind people's backs. Why being hypocritical and not admit it? It's something anybody does at least once during life and not always with innocent intention of getting a suggestion :peoples: It's like telling lies: many people say "I've never lied to anyone in my life" but this is impossible.

Lost_myth
Jul 31st, 2002, 12:28 PM
It's sad really when I've done it because my two best friends hate eachother. I've said one thing about each but they always know about it. We always take it as a joke tho, because it is funny. Until something horribly wrong happens. Otherwise it's a joke... but jokes can turn sour.

Cannibal Clown
Jul 31st, 2002, 02:38 PM
I am probally the most blunt, honest, sincere, and open person i know. I never hold in my opinions or thoughts about anyone. But i never try to insult anyone. Just say what's on my mind and point out what needs to be brought to peoples attention. Sometimes i find this a bad point in a personality. Like many things should be kept to myself, or at least said to others, and not to the persons face, but i'm just too honest and strait forward to keep anything i have on my chest to myself.