PDA

View Full Version : How do you...

Miki
Jul 30th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Just curious to know: how do you reply to threads? You read all the posts before replying or do you only read the topic?

And for multiple threads: do you read all of them first and then start replying or do you reply after reading a single thread and then start reading the next?

RobHardo
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:01 AM
on the bottom or top of the thread on the right hand side should be a thing that says new thread and another that says post reply

Pu the Owl
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:09 AM
I think she was asking what's your personal technique for replying to threads ;)

Harry
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Hmm I read all the posts in the thread!!

Hadoken
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:13 AM
yeah, I read all the posts i missed if i like the point of the topic. and i usually do that.
but with some topics like the "word association" one, i just look at the end and reply. lol

Pu the Owl
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Depends... I start reading the whole thread, but if there's something I need to comment, I reply before reading the entire thread.
Sometimes it happens that I read more than a thread and then I think about it and reply later. :P

x157anz
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:59 AM
I read every post.
Apart from when theres one like "ff alphabet game" then i just look at the last post :P

Lost_myth
Jul 30th, 2002, 12:46 PM
I read what interests me, what I need to form an opinion or to get enough information about the thread and post. I don't have enough time to usually read all of the posts. I do sometimes tho.

Black Heart
Jul 30th, 2002, 06:07 PM
I usually read more than a topic and then I think about replying later. Don't know why, but I like to read more than a thread before replying to them!

IcyMourdor
Jul 30th, 2002, 06:39 PM
It depends on the thread type for me. If it is a thread like this, where we tell our own preferences, I just go straight to posting. If it is a discussion/debate thread, then I go ahead and read all the posts. If it is a spammy/flaming/advertisement thread, I go straight to the closing option.

TtTackler
Jul 30th, 2002, 07:44 PM
I read only the interesting looking topics. Most of the time it's..dum dum dum...SPAM! Or something stupid :P :roll:

jjmoohead
Jul 31st, 2002, 01:00 AM
I like to confuse the hell out of myself by reading the middle on, then the last one then try and figure out what the first one was all about. Then I reply without thinking and look like a retard.

Ruby Moon
Jul 31st, 2002, 09:50 AM
I read single threads, not always all the posts of the threads and then reply. But sometimes happens that I don't reply after reading the thread, and I start reading other ones, and then I go back to the first thread and reply.

Hylas
Jul 31st, 2002, 06:48 PM
Reading more than a thread is too confusing, so I usually start with one thread and reply, then another and reply and so on :right: