PDA

View Full Version : Get it straight

Hadoken
Jul 27th, 2002, 02:59 PM
So i'm talkin to my buddy Mena(Zerosniper), and she tells me that you all(The admins), blamed her for starting the whole "banned" status thing. And in addition to that, some of you called her "evil", or something close to that. I also heard that you all sent her PM's, but not to the other 3 people who participated.
Is any of this true? I find it hard to believe, but I want to know what has been going on.
She's been a little upset about the whole situation and currently has plans to leave because of it.
I'm sure mena doesnt want to leave because of something like this, but it does not sound like you all handled everything in a proper manner. I'm not sure who is right and who is wrong. Which is why i'm starting this thread.
Please clear it up, and if anyone has a fault in this, please apologize.

And all it basicaly was, was a small joke someone started. I do not know who that person is either. But if everything clears up, I'd appreciate it if we could just put it all behind us and get back to normal. And to not give any harsh punishment for the person who did start it. After all, it was meant to be a joke. A little shocking if you didnt know it was, but nonetheless, a joke.(Which I see has already been taken care of to stop further confusion)

So any information would help. Thanks in advance.

Pu the Owl
Jul 27th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Hadoken
So i'm talkin to my buddy Mena(Zerosniper), and she tells me that you all(The admins), blamed her for starting the whole "banned" status thing. And in addition to that, some of you called her "evil", or something close to that. I also heard that you all sent her PM's, but not to the other 3 people who participated.
Is any of this true?

Sorry, but this is not true, because we sent messages also to other people involved in the joke and they still haven't replied to us. This was maybe an innocent joke, and I'm not blaming Mena in particular way among others. I don't even think Mena started the joke, if you want to know my opinion. I think that's better to choose which jokes can be funny and which ones can cause troubles to the staff. We received tons of messages asking "Why are they banned?" and this was not so funny, because I don't like to appear as a person who ban members for no reason. Also, it's not good for us that new members who didn't know it was a joke saw some of the members with the higher posts number banned. We are trying to keep the forum running, nothing more.
Hadoken, Mena is your friend, and you can defend her, I'd do the same for a close friend. Again: I've never said she started the whole thing and I hope it was only a joke made for fun and not to accuse admins for some choices they made in the last period.
I hope you understand my point. Nobody wants those people involved to leave, we only asked them to change the status back to normal and stop the joke. Nothing more. We waited also till today to change the status of other people involved, hoping in a reply we're still waiting. Then we decided to change the status by ourselves, but nobody here is accusing Mena for this joke. If it happened, it's only because the greatest part of people were asking the reason for her ban among the others. And I repeat: we sent messages to other people as well.
And sorry if I sound harsh on this point, but you only know the version of the people involved in the joke regarding this question, so you can't say if we handled it right or not. We're not planning to punish anyone, we only wanted everything to come back to normality beause this joke actually caused some confusion among members. I don't find sadistic pleasure in punishing people. Just to make it clear.

kupoartist
Jul 27th, 2002, 03:31 PM
... uhmnn... my head still hurts.... well at least I understand now ^_^ : I did actually wonder if it was possible a while back, but decided to give it a miss :)

I don't think this is the kind of issue people should be overacting about. On either side. Yes it was pretty damn :laugh: , but for the sake of keeping people from asking silly questions, the moderators were right to put a stop to it.

goodman
Jul 27th, 2002, 03:36 PM
True, work it out, and Mena, your way too important to us, so as a friend and associate, whatever happens, decide to stay. Lets think peaceful thoughts here, and find out that there is a middle road no matter what the thoughts are going on here. Lets have a peace happening here, and find that the answers can be worked through. Trust me, ive been there. ;)

TtTackler
Jul 27th, 2002, 03:42 PM
Okaaayy...I missed something here..And did Hai just use proper grammar!? :shock: :roll:

IcyMourdor
Jul 27th, 2002, 03:43 PM
I can safely say that none of the staff intended to offend any one. As I told Mena, this was just a joke that got out of hand. Its nice that members are doing things together and making jokes and such, but please try not to offend or confuse people.

We should just put this all behind us and move on.

Harry
Jul 27th, 2002, 03:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Mena was in some way offended, but I really can't see the reason. All the ones involved received an e-mail, and anyhow, none of administrators "overreacted". We just asked them to remove the custom title, because people was worried that we were gone mad, banning everybody in the forums. On a note, Mena was the only one to reply, even if all the others received the PM. And hey, I know who started it all, but since that was just a joke, there was no reason to contact just him.

It was a joke, and I've also read the message sent by one of the administrators to Mena in which the terrible word "evil" was. Well the message was friendly, the word was ironic, and in fact was followed by a smile, and adding to that the phrase was something like "hey, who started this evil plan? ^^".

I don't know why people can be offended so easily... and what makes me a bit sad, is that many went immediately on the "banned" people's side, thinking that our administrators, all people willing to help other members and constantly working for free on the forums to keep this place nice, could have banned members like Sword4hire and Mena for a joke...

TtTackler
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:02 PM
That's a pretty mean joke to play on these people guys. Seriously, they work very hard to give you info on games and keep these forums on track, and you did something that could hurt the community, as so it seems. I wasn't here when it happened, but from just reading these, both parties deserve an apology, but what do I know? -.-;;

Rei
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Ok, I was the one, I think, who asked Mena this question yesterday "Who's involved in this evil plan ^^;;?" and yes it actually was an ironic question, just to understand what was going wrong. I don't think this can sound like an offence, don't you think? I talked to Mena too and I explained our reason to her. I don't think she must be upset, because it wasn't our intention to hurt her feelings. It's true: we sent messages also to other people involved in the joke, asking them to remove the status, but Mena was the only one so kind to reply and change it back after a little time. I only counted 3 people involved in this joke, and I don't know if there were others who changed the status before we noticed the whole thing.
Nobody here has to apologize for what happened, because if it's true it was only a joke, there's no reason to keep on talking about it now that everything is back to normal. I like people joking around here, but I do think that this joke was not so fair towrds administrators who were accused of banning people without motivations.
And I agree with Harry's post. It's sad that someone was not even interested in listening to administrators' reasons, judging them only after having heard a little part of this story.

Harry
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by TtTackler
That's a pretty mean joke to play on these people guys. Seriously, they work very hard to give you info on games and keep these forums on track, and you did something that could hurt the community, as so it seems. I wasn't here when it happened, but from just reading these, both parties deserve an apology, but what do I know? -.-;;

Hey Tttackler, nice to see you around!
By the way... since that was just a little joke and nobody wanted to offend anyone... I guess there is no need for apologies...

It's just strange that Mena could be offended by the messages of the administrators... also considering that we didn't blame the ones who did the joke (actually, it made us laugh), we simplly asked them to change their custom status because the other members were thinking we banned them and filled our boxes with messages.

As the artist said "for the sake of keeping people from asking silly questions, the moderators were right to put a stop to it".

Pu the Owl
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:22 PM
What if I ban myself? That would be a cool joke :evil:

IcyMourdor
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:24 PM
:peoples: :nono:

Heh, that would be an odd joke.

TtTackler
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Hello Harry.

And Fortune, I think that would make a lot of people sad x.X

IcyMourdor
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Tt, she could just unban herself. :laugh:

TtTackler
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Bof, bien sur.

But if she did it would make people sad still.:ghost:

Pu the Owl
Jul 27th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Oh no Mourdor. If I ban myself, I won't be able to get the unban later! But I wonder if I could even complete the process...

Ah, big questions for my little brain!

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 27th, 2002, 07:28 PM
....I'm such a fool.....

It was me...I started it all...the "banned" idea was mine...i explained to Harry and Carlito the reasons y just now (sorry not earlier but i wasnt on yesterday) and in NO WAY was it Mena's idea...it was mine...and if she said she started it, then she was only tryin to save my ass...which makes me feel even worse that she'd take the blame...when i did this in no way was i tryin to start chaos for the staff...but i guess im too immature to acknowledge the fact that it indeed would, I'm not sure who else joined my lil "campaign" other than Mena because like i said before I was gone, but i offer my deepest apologies to everyone who got in trouble and to the staff, and anyone else who was offended and i especiallally apologize to Mena and I hope that she doesnt leave on my account because the whole thing got out of hand and I feel awful...so Im gonna take a leave of absense from the forums for awhile...get my head straight on stuff and let everybody cool down...hell and maybe it'll make some of the staff's lives easier ;)

...well ill come back sometimes this week to check my PM box and anyone else who joined this please feel free to PM me and b*tch me out cause i deserve it....so I'll be seein u guys around i guess...its a shame too, i would've liked to have reached 1000 posts :laugh:

But dont worry too much...im sure the S4H will return and reclaim my once former glory again...

Peace guys

Pu the Owl
Jul 27th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Well, I was expecting something similar, because when stuff like that happen there's always someone who says "I'm leaving for now". I think you guys are taking this thing too seriously. And If you want to take a break for your health (getting angry is not healthy... and neither is healthy having continuous worries) it's ok. But don't think about this whole situation as a matter of great importance. Nobody has to pay with blood :laugh:
I'm a bit sad if some good member decides to leave, also if its for a short period. Do you want to make the little reindeer cry? *__*

Harry
Jul 27th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Well...

as I said you in private, there is nobody who's pissed off at you, and there isn't even a situation which needs to cool down...

I really don't know why you, or Mena, can think that anybody was offended, angry or anything else because of that joke. Nobody said anything against you, we just asked to change the custom title, and in a friendly way...

It was just a joke, and now you are acting like if you did something horrible. Man, life is so difficult, there is no need to make things even more complicate...

Smile a bit, and try not to be paranoid!!! :laugh:

Spirit
Jul 27th, 2002, 08:41 PM
well guys you sure take a lot of things seriously. It was a joke and it got out of hand, now its over. So do you really think people are going to remmember you as a 'bad' person with one little joke? Of course not, so cheer up and get back, not that any of you already didn't.
One more thing I really want everyone to know is that 'I'm leaving' is probably the worst thing to do, and thats what makes people remmember you as a "bad" person, by telling them you're leaving >.<
If you have to leave there is no need to say you're leaving, I know I had to say it b/c I wasn't here daily O_O

IcyMourdor
Jul 27th, 2002, 09:45 PM
This is your decision. No one is forcing you to go. If you are leaving over something as petty as this, then I wish you would reconsider.

happy_doughnut
Jul 28th, 2002, 01:58 AM
*sigh* How evil...
Okay okay, lemme explain :

First of all, I know S4H said the he was the one with the idea. That's not true. I added just as much to it as he did, therefore, it was us two. What happened was that we were talking and he asked if a member could put the -banned- tittle. I didn't know so he tried it, said it wasn't working for him, I try, works for me fine, the server decides to get busy, we can't change it back. After that, we had the idea to make this a joke. You know, our lil cult.
We never intended to cause confusion or anything of the sort.
We just didn't think that this act could have caused all of this chaos. Afterall, it was a joke...

About me. Okay, when I first got notified, no one else did, I was the first. Later, I was explained that that was because you guys had noticed only my rank, and after noticing theirs', you notified them as well. But you see, I didn't know this since today.
So yes, I did feel upset ( well, a little ) that you guys had assumed I was the one who started this so quicky. I was NOT offended, just upset. I was just put on the spot by 3 admins and 1 mod. Come on... I didn't know what to say !

I told Had that it made me feel kind of awkward knowing that the admins. thought I was so evil ! I mean, everyone says I'm evil.. but when Fortune sends a PM... =O ! :laugh: . Again, at that time, the other guys hadn't received messages cuz you guys hadn't noticed yet. So in fact, I was the only one =/ ( at that time )

It's hard to believe that we attracted so much attention.
I thought you guys were angry :disturb: I mean, getting PMed by 3 admins telling you to change it ( and since... well, ask Rei about how I feel about Admins... ), it didn't exactly feel like friendly.

I thought everything was worked out, though. I mean, Fortune sent me a killer teddy-bear. I told Rei I was a terrorist :laugh: . Hmm... *sigh*

What really upsets me is the fact that S4H is leaving... *sniffle*
What can I say ? If he leaves... I'm going too . It's only right :(

Pu the Owl
Jul 28th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Mena, I think S4H is leaving mainly because he thinks you wanted to leave too and because he thinks you are still "upset". And frankly I think S4H thinks that people around here are angry with him. But Nobody is angry. Someone was angry at the beginning maybe, or it seemed so.
I don't know what to say anymore. I tried to reassure everyone around here, but if it doesn't work, I think you are the one who can tell him this is not an important matter anymore.
Side note: I don't know why you're so scared of administrators... we're not much older than you, and we don't even eat human meat...

Carlito
Jul 28th, 2002, 05:03 AM
Mena we contacted you more than once, because we haven't decided, as you may suppose, "It's up to you to contact her!", "No, It's up to you!". We had the same idea, but Fortune sent the message to S4H few minutes after she sent it to you. His absence during that day is the reason why it seemed that you were the only one to receive messages. I sent messages as well, but not to you in particular way. I got online later, so I knew the names of the other persons because Harry told me who was involved. And it was me to change the status of people who were still "banned".

Originally posted by Spirit
So do you really think people are going to remmember you as a 'bad' person with one little joke? Of course not, so cheer up and get back, not that any of you already didn't.
One more thing I really want everyone to know is that 'I'm leaving' is probably the worst thing to do, and thats what makes people remmember you as a "bad" person, by telling them you're leaving >.<

That's what I think too, more or less. The joke is over and you're making it a lot bigger than it is. This thing will be forgotten if you start posting and talking like you used too. Otherwise I think people will remember for a longer time, noticing your absence. It's just a suggestion, but do as you wish.

Infernal Mass
Jul 28th, 2002, 05:08 AM
i just want to say that the mods/admins here are great..and all the members are great too.

*passes chicken and biscuits out to everyone*

Carlito
Jul 28th, 2002, 05:10 AM
Chicken and biscuits...together?!:shock:

Hylas
Jul 28th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Hadoken: I think Mena is old and smart enough to defend herself. You judged the reactions of other people in a way that sounds somewhat not really complete.
I don't know what happened exactly, but from what I know I'm sure nobody's intention was to offend or hurt others. Let's move on and don't start thinking about leaving only for those silly reasons. Saying you're upset for how this joke went is wrong. It's not the right way to face problems. Those are not serious matters... it can happen everyday to have some little troubles for jokes or words that are taken in a way that was not in your purposes.
Can all the time spent here be ruined for a couple of days and some words that you could have taken too much seriously? I say no. At least it shouldn't.

*grabs Kabuki's cookies*

TtTackler
Jul 28th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Carlito
Chicken and biscuits...together?!:shock:

XD Rofl! XD

At this point this is just wasting the admins typing skills which could be put to good use for more reviews and previews! *takes out whip* Get to work! *whippish* :cool:

IcyMourdor
Jul 28th, 2002, 09:28 AM
This thread doesn't seem to be helping. People are saying things that aren't working.

Mena and S4H, I hope you will reconsider about leaving as you both are great members and we would all miss you both.

Before someone else says something that they may regret, I'm going to close this. The admins can reopen if they need to.