PDA

View Full Version : Fast Food Restraunt Lawsuit

BlackThornn
Jul 26th, 2002, 10:21 PM
This angers me to no end... (http://dailynews.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=571&ncid=751&e=1&u=/nm/20020726/hl_nm/fastfood_dc)

This just really pisses me off.. This silly fat bastard goes and eats fast food meal after fast food meal and then he SUES the companies? BULL****!

This little freak is making all the fat people in this country who have the integrity to blame themselves for how obese they are look worse by proxy.. absolutely ridiculous.

I eat a dorito and gain ten bloody pounds.. That's a glandular problem, I can garauntee that the only reason this ******* **********'s obesity exists is because he abused his body. I don't eat fast food to keep my weight down. I excercise.. I don't munch down on the miscellaneous meat patty that's been soaking in a vat of grease for five hours. And I SURE as hell don't go and sue jack after I have an ultimate bacon cheeseburger meal..

Ugh.. -_- ..Just hearing about this lazy son of a ***** has really just botched my day.. just considering what many people went through when thier being obece wasn't thier problem then seeing this... person.. and the ultra-frivilous lawsuit he's brought down when everyone else just tried thier best to stop being that way.. It's disgusting.. I hope this guy has a fatalheart attack or something equally fitting.

jjmoohead
Jul 26th, 2002, 10:24 PM
I missed something, do you have a link to this story?

BlackThornn
Jul 26th, 2002, 10:28 PM
The hypertext at the top of the message, bud..

IcyMourdor
Jul 26th, 2002, 10:29 PM
Its all over the net. People are discuccing it everywhere.

jjmoohead
Jul 26th, 2002, 10:37 PM
Ya im an idiot!

No need to reply to that!

Carlito
Jul 27th, 2002, 05:48 AM
It's not a surprise that if you eat fast food meals everyday it's not healthy... Of course I'm sure this dude was "forced" by a supernatural entity to eat fast food meals... :sarcasm:

Mercury Shadow
Jul 27th, 2002, 12:23 PM
I bet this guy can't look right into anyones eyes and be serious about this. If this guy wins, I'm gonna do the same thing!

Hylas
Jul 28th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
If this guy wins, I'm gonna do the same thing!

Me too, me too! I'm gonna ask Ronald McDonald to give me my money back! :disturb:

TtTackler
Jul 28th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Oh lord...

Spank-A-Thon
Jul 28th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Firstly, if I offend any US residents here I'm sorry.... Right, now the disclaimer is out of the way, I shall continue...

I have a real problem with how the US is developing. It has been said that the UK is about 10 years behind the US in terms of behaviour, and I see more and more each day in this country things that have gone down in the US in the last 10 years or so...

With lawsuits such as these (and the tobacco one), where people can sue for anything, it is merely resulting in one thing.

People are being rewarded for their own stupidity. People are becoming no longer responsible for their own actions...

Packets of peanuts now have warnings on.... 'Warning. May contain Nuts'..

Cups of coffee have to say, 'Warning: Contents may be hot' just to prevent people from sueing if they burn themselves...

Too many people are trying to get rich by any means possible. What next? Sue car manufacturers when you have a car crash? Sue nature if someone dies of natural causes?? Jeez...

And now we have fat people sueing fast food outlets just because they can't control their own eating habits... This sickens me... and what happens in the US influences what happens in the UK - it's about time people took responsibility for their actions dammit!

And on that note, I'm off to the pub - if I wake with a hangover tomorrow I might have to sue Budweiser....

- S

TtTackler
Jul 28th, 2002, 10:44 PM
It's called the Bill of Rights, or the first 15 amendments, Spank.

Also, coffee cups DO have warnings that say,"Caution: Contents are hot." Because, well, coffee is hot! :roll:

jjmoohead
Jul 28th, 2002, 11:23 PM
I once saw a warning on a no name coke can saying "contents inside are ment for consumption, the can itself, IS NOT"

Maybe we need more of this kinda stuff

Like eat potatoe chips but not the bag

or how about warnings like

Eating this meat without proper excersize could one day lead to death, NOTE: Death may not be related to meet intake.???

BlackThornn
Jul 28th, 2002, 11:43 PM
I fail to really see the connection between Spank's argument and your counterpoint, TTTackler..

The Bill of Rights is all well and good, but it's not really the point that should be brought up when discussing absolute dumbasses that ABUSE those rights. Sueing a company for making a product that HE abused HIMSELF is ridiculous, and he's ABUSING his rights.

He's giving frivilous a bad name for god's sake.

And Spank.. no offense taken, man. The majority of the intelligent people in the US are really pissed off that there are so many fools out there taking advantage of the freedoms gifted them.. And those warning labels like you mentioned really tick me off too.. just thinking that they were necessary because some absolute putz spilled coffee on his crotch and sued Jack in the Box or whoever because he didn't want to just admit that he was an idiot.

Infernal Mass
Jul 28th, 2002, 11:49 PM
It was the chickens' fault .....all of it !! And those biscuits were in on it too!!

It's common knowledge that the Colonel, puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes people crave for it.

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 29th, 2002, 08:03 AM
I'm just shaking my head....I can't believe some people. Who the hell does he think he is? I've got half a mind to drive down there and stuff burgers down his fat throat till he chokes. :mad:

BlackThornn
Jul 29th, 2002, 01:44 PM
I'll get the keys, Sleazy. :laugh:

Oh.. and yes, Kabuki is right though.. It's common knowledge that the colonel puts an addictivechemicalinhischickenthatmakesyoucraveitfo rtnightly... smartarse. :D

Infernal Mass
Jul 29th, 2002, 03:30 PM
:laugh: that part owns!

TtTackler
Jul 29th, 2002, 08:38 PM
Black, I was referring to the fact that it's the Bill of Rights that allows people the right to sue for that kind of stuff. For example: If someone trys to break into another person's house to rob it, he/she can sue the owner of the house if he/she cuts themselves while like going through a broken window or twists an ankle while trying to run out of the house. :disturb: :peoples:

Ruby Moon
Jul 30th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by TtTackler
For example: If someone trys to break into another person's house to rob it, he/she can sue the owner of the house if he/she cuts themselves while like going through a broken window or twists an ankle while trying to run out of the house. :disturb: :peoples:

This is in theory, but it's not that difficult to understand that the Bill of Rights is a piece of paper and single cases must be considered depending on the situation.

Lost_myth
Jul 30th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Yes that is an example of some stupid *** people of the world. He's taking an advantage of the system. Such a *****... There's a lot of fat/ob people in the world. The way to stop that you ignorant son of a ***** is to stop eating for more than five minutes. However, some people have body problems which makes them fatter or whatever who can't get the weight off. It's a disease. How dare he say it's from some company. They had nothing more to do with it then selling him the food he stuffed down his face.