PDA

View Full Version : do you beleive......

007_JamesBond
Jul 26th, 2002, 12:48 PM
this thread I will be serious in starting, have any of you heard of the doppelganger theory? what do you think of it? here is the definition-

doppelganger - literally "Double Goer", in many belief systems is a (usually supernatural) person identical in appearance and behavior to you. It might be you bilocated, but you are not aware of it until told by others.

it in other words is saying that we all have an exact double some where in the world, what do you think?

BlackThornn
Jul 26th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Uh... No.

jjmoohead
Jul 26th, 2002, 02:09 PM
not an exact double but I can say firsthand that when you go places you can always see someone that reminds you of a friend or family member. Everyday on my holiday I see someone that reminds me of home!

007_JamesBond
Jul 26th, 2002, 02:16 PM
yes but this theory states that there is an exact replica of you some where in the world, a clone so to speek

jjmoohead
Jul 26th, 2002, 02:21 PM
In that case, NO there is not a replica! There can be close to same but not EXACT!

007_JamesBond
Jul 26th, 2002, 02:25 PM
that would be insane would it not

Cannibal Clown
Jul 26th, 2002, 03:35 PM
I like to hope not. Imagine another one of ME runing around loose in the streets? That's a scary thought. He could be anywhere. Might be living in the house next to yours. He could be watching you right now. Terrifying isn't it.

Hadoken
Jul 26th, 2002, 04:22 PM
I dont think there is such a thing. Like mooman said, They could be kinda the same, but not exact.

Black Heart
Jul 26th, 2002, 06:20 PM
I've heard of this theory before and I think it's really interesting, like other theories of the same genre, but I don't think it's very "realistic". In other words: no I don't believe in doppelganer theory.

007_JamesBond
Jul 26th, 2002, 08:25 PM
we think alike about this matter, and CC that would be the end of the world as we know it

Frozen
Jul 27th, 2002, 03:11 AM
I think that everything in this world is possible. But I don't think that it would be probable.

Hylas
Jul 28th, 2002, 06:42 AM
If you want to know my opinion, I don't think such things can be true. It's a sort of myth, there are many theories like this one but they are interesting to study if you consider the eriod they're from. But from a certain point of view this "doppelganger" theory is scary... It would be really scary to have a copy of each individual.