PDA

View Full Version : Ok heres a question

jjmoohead
Jul 25th, 2002, 11:57 PM
Can an internet relationship work?

Now I know first hand that it can i have seen it work, My sister married an internet friend and they now have a kid together. So i know it can.

I have been "together" with a girl for 3 months now and have no idea why I am "with" her. I mean shes really nice she attractive but there is no way ill get to see her for another year.

I want to met her someday and already have the plans made but until then I want to be with someone I can hold, how would I explain that to her without offending her and have her out of my life forever?

Anyone know what I am talking about. I don't nessarily need advise but would like to know your opinon on the matter.

Thanks,

JJ

IcyMourdor
Jul 26th, 2002, 09:53 AM
I have many friends that have online relationships.

Two of my friends Geal and Gina for example. Geal lives in England while Gina lives in New York. They have been together for over a year now. They have plans on moving in together and such. People can meet and fall in love over the net. All the internet does is send information over long distances. Just broadening horizons.

I personally could fall in love with people online. I just have to find the right girl.

Black Heart
Jul 26th, 2002, 06:16 PM
I think these kind of relationships are good. First of all because you focus your attention immediately on something that is different from physical appearance. Second because I think when you fall in love with someone who is online, you can be more sincere. This last thing may sound stupid, but to me it's true.

Hylas
Jul 28th, 2002, 09:17 AM
I kinda agree with what BH said. Those relationship can be even more deep that the ones you have in real life, and more sincere, because sometimes you feel you can speak freely to a person you meet on the net. Obviously dpeneds on the person, because someone who's a liar in the real life can be even more easily a iar when you have a relationship with him online, for you can't control if what this person say it's true or not.

TtTackler
Jul 28th, 2002, 11:58 AM
It can, I've seen it happen to my own family members, and I almost have once..