PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Band

Ruby Moon
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Just imagine you can create your ideal music band. Like mixing together the fave members from other existing bands, but you can choose who you want in it. You can also write a motivation for each choice.

Rei
Jul 24th, 2002, 11:34 AM
That's a quite difficult question, at least for me... too many names among which I have to choose...

Vocals : Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) --- because he's cute and he has such a beautiful voice.
Guitar : Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth) --- of course for this role he is the best person I can think of.
Bass : Adam Clayton (U2) --- I'm not a big fan of U2, but he rocks!
Drums : Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) --- I want to see him back to drums, just for fun! He's a good singer and guitarist too.

I love a classic band with only 4 members, sorry :right:

Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 24th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Good thread i love these kind cause i know my musicians hehe.

Vocals~Scott Stapp(Creed)One of the best voices in the business hands down.

Back Vocals~Brett Scallions (fuel) Another Great voice can't exclude him for his awesome chorus.

Rythym Guitar~Mark Tremonti(Creed)One the best guitarist for awhile and hes young so he can only get better.Has some of the most complicated guitar riffs ever.

Bass~Cliff Burton deceased(metallica)Have you heard this guy he's awesome a lead guitar player on bass and it sounds awesome.

Lead guitar~Kirk Hammet(metallica)best lead guitar in my eyes.Has some incredible leads never fails to amaze me.

2nd lead guitar~Jimmy Page (led zepplin, Black Crows)Classic guitarist one of the best.Kicken with great solos.Couldnt beat him jamming with kirk.

Drums~Scott Phillips(creed) or Eric Gainer (12 stones) Some of the best drumming i heard so far has came from these 2 couldn't choose one over the other.

Spank-A-Thon
Jul 24th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Here goes with my 'Super-Band'...

Drums - Alex Van Halen
Some may say Neil Peart (Rush) is the finest rock/metal drummer. I say no - whereas Peart was always (imo) overly complex, Alex has just the right balance of technical prowess and straight-forward rock beats... Listen to 'Hot For Teacher' by Van Halen and you'll see what I mean!

Vocals - James Hetfield (Metallica)
For me, Hetfield has one of the finest metal/hard rock voices ever. The way he has improved over the years is a testament to his hard work and talent.

Lead Guitar - Eddie Van Halen
Still, for me, the best lead guitarist ever! Plus, he can write some great songs too!

Rhythm Guitar - Ginger (The Wildhearts)
Check out the rhythm guitar on 'Turning American' and you'll see why this guy would be my rhythm guitarist!

Bass - Les Clay Pool (Primus)
Nuff said!

There ya go!

- S

Killuminati
Jul 24th, 2002, 05:11 PM
all i'd need is 2pac to come back...thats it

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 24th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Hmm this is a tough one.....
Vocals - I'm gonna say Joey Ramone because his voice was so unique.
Bass - Steve Harris from Iron Maiden. Amazing speed and lines. The man is machine. (Cliff Burton second choice)
Guitar - Eddie Van Halen, Do I need to explain?
Second Guitar - Angus Young. There's something about his raw, aggressive style. He sounds like no other.
Drums - Hmm I'm not a huge drum guy. My brother in law showed me a video of the guy from Dave Matthew's, and the man has some wicked chops. So I'll just stick him in there as a hired studio musician. ;)

jjmoohead
Jul 24th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Dude, give me vinella ice and eminem!

Mercury Shadow
Jul 24th, 2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
Bass - Les Clay Pool (Primus)
- S

Agreed. Les Clay Pool is AMAZING.

Eddie Van Halen's solo in 'Eruption' was so great, I soiled myself the first time I heard it.

I don't have to create a band, the perfect band is already out there. Opeth!

Rei
Jul 25th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Awww! *asks meryl to forgive her*
I forgot... Jiro! Jiro from Glay must be my bassist! *kicks Adam Clayton*