PDA

View Full Version : Gitaroo Man

Cannibal Clown
Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:22 PM
Well, there aren't any game threads that fit this game, so i'd put a thread for it here.

SSnake just got me this game recently after we rented it a while ago. And i've become adddicted to it.

Has anyone played this game, because i suggest that everyone give it a try. It's the most original,wierd, and oddly addicting games i have ever played.

It's about a kid who gets this guitar thingy from his talking dog, and he has to collect all eight gitaroos to create the supreem gitaroo and destroy the evile dud maned Zoey. To play you have to pless buttons in sync with the buttons comming at you from different pounts of the screen. If you can out play your enemies, you defeat them and take their gitaroo. Its a short game, but the music is interesting and fun. I enjoy the game, and wondering if anyone else out there does as well.

Solidus
Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:25 PM
Gitaroo Man rocks, I like the sounds and things that make me happy. Btw, sorry for the incident earlier on.

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:25 PM
Hmm...it kinda sounds like Umjammer Lammy or Parabba the Rapper

Cannibal Clown
Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:18 PM
Those don't compare trust me, i rented both of those the same day. They didn't have anything compared to Gitaroo Man.

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:46 PM
Really...I'm guessing graphically it's superior (obviously) but the music is that much better? What makes it better then those titles if you don't mind explainin cause I'm startin to get really interested...

Cannibal Clown
Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:44 AM
Well, personally, i love the music, it is
very diverse and the songs are upbeat and fun to play to. But the story does suck, but in the end, it was at least worth the rental if you're bored. The way of playing is quite simple. There are four stages of play in each level. Charge, Defend, Attack, and the Final.

The screen has a small dot in the middle and it starts out with a green line that starts toward the dot. Along this line are orange circles, with tubes behind them. The tubes are as long as the note that will be played to the song. As the orange circle hits the center dot, you press the orange circle button and hold it for as long as the tube behind it is. Every note will have a new circle, and the faster the song, the harder it is to hit the circles. Along with the circles comming at you, the line also moves, it rises as the sound does,and falls other wise. The beats willcasdue the line to wiggle and go in many different directions in very fast paces. While this happens, you have to turn the analog stick to line up with the line. If it doesn'tline up, you wont gain health, oryou will loose health. It gets very complicated as the song becomes more complicated.

The biggining starts out this way. It's called the charging stage. This is where you have to start the song, and everytime you hit the beats right, your health goes upa bit, if you do it well enough, you health will be at full, or close to it, preparing you for battles.

The next part of the game is the battle sequences, which are composed of attackj and defend, both of these stages you can loose health in.

The screen starts out the same. There is one little dot in the middle, and buttons will come to the dot and you must hit the correct button to stop damnage being inflicted on you. These buttons are the square, triangle, circle, and X. They will all come from the points as they are on your controler, triangle being on top, circle to the right and so on. They will comeat you to thge beat ofthe song, so if you master the tune, it gets easier.

Next half is attack, this is the same ascharge, but instead of gaining health, you're trying to inflict damage on the enemy.

Then after the battle goes on for about five to seven minutes, the enemy will be down to next to nothing in health. This is where the final takes place. This again is the same as the attack and charge, but you're not attacking or charging your health, this is called harmony, you just have to keep up with the song, and try not to screw up,because the worse you play, the more damage you inflict on yourself.

In the end,it's all nothing more than a match to out play the other. The two payer mode is cool, up to four players,which makes the game really fun, and there are three difficulty levels. Normal and hard. These two are optional at first, after you beat the game, a new mode appears, called Masters Play, which is harder than hell to do.

All in all, i love the game, the music is enjoyable, and the many styles makes it quite interesting. just try to tune out the characters voices, and the story plot, and the character designs. But after the fourth level it gets reallyinteresting. It's not a long game though,o ly about 10 levels, and can be beaten quickly, but it's fun to play, and the masters option can keep you playing for a very long time.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:38 AM
i see you must really enjoy that game i bought you CC.Thats Great.Me personally think its really addictive espically for multiplayer but the only reason i was not as interested as CC was is that i don't exactly like the way the game is setup and there isnt to many extras to feed my need.But it is a great game and definatley the best music influenced one out now.

007_JamesBond
Jul 25th, 2002, 08:52 AM
all i have to say is that game is messed up, hands down it is kind of addicting but it is just messed up