PDA

View Full Version : I fried my monitor!

Satans_Angel
Jul 22nd, 2002, 02:36 AM
Today I fired my monitor for my computer. I was watching Malcolm in the MIddle (come on I was bored!) and I heard this ringing sound. At first I thought I was just going deaf so it was no big deal but then I remembered I'm only 13 so I couldn't be going deaf. I went in my room and I had left my computer on to get on later and AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Theres a spider! (Kills spider using vid game rental case and air freshener) That thing was big! Any ways I noticed that my monitor was blank and the ringing was coming from that. It was a piece of crap monitor but still....... I turned it on and off but it was fried so my dad went and got me another one. (only so he can talk to his girlfriend that lives in Texas heehee) Now I got an awsome monitor! (goes to see if he can find more spiders to kill with air freshener)

Hadoken
Jul 22nd, 2002, 02:43 AM
erm, ok? odd story, but i tend to leave my monitor on for periods of time, and nothing ever happens to it.
and i think it would just be easier to just get like a wad of napkins and squish the bugger. cuz with the rental case.. erm, your gonna have to touch it later. and its gonna have spider guck on it.:disturb:

Macceh^
Jul 22nd, 2002, 02:56 AM
hmm Strange tale with a happy ending I guess lol. Also spraying an air freshner at your computer afaik can only spell disaster.

Solidus
Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:05 AM
Good, and I know a stranger story. I got a baseball bat to smack some flies, but I hit the t.v instead. Hahah, I'm so evil! :ghost:

IcyMourdor
Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:58 AM
I never leave anything if I'm not using it. I have one of those dads that like to save power as the only thing ever on his mind is money. Oh well.

Rei
Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:33 PM
ROFL :laugh: I must try your technique to force my dad to buy me a new monitor, but I hope to not meet spiders. A bee is enough to obtain the same result..maybe...

Satans_Angel
Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:26 PM
Now if I can just get my stupid computer to break.......

BlackThornn
Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:50 PM
That's nothing.. One time a couple of years ago in my IT class this guy brought a frozen bottle of Crystal Geyser into class and set it next to his monitor.. then went on with his business, tinkering around with the internet mostly, not listening to a damn thing the instructor said..

Then about fifteen minutes in.. POP!!

For some reason I'm still not exactly clear on the friggin bottle blew up, the cap went flying up into the air along with most of the liquid contents, which ended up arcing downward and landing almost entirely on the guy's monitor. It sparked and smoked and went blank, with the little ninny actually screaming for a few seconds.

The entire class ended up calling him "Water boy" for the entirety of the module. :D Now that's funny..... *gets looks* .... well, at least to me.

Hylas
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Wow Blackthornn, your story is amazing! :laugh:
I couldn't imagine there's actually someone able to do such things to an innocent computer!

jjmoohead
Jul 25th, 2002, 12:14 PM
you used your rental case, its not that you have to touch it later, its that I may have to touch it later......EWWWWWWW spider insides :(

kamari-ice
Jul 25th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Air freshner doesn't kill spiders.
Couldve swooped it on a paper towel or something, and brung it outside, thats what I would do.

P.s. Making your sig!

Satans_Angel
Jul 26th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Hey thanx Kamari! jj where do you work? When I returned it the people asked me why it was so sticky! :) I'm afraid of spiders so I never want to get close to touching them! Usually I have my dad kill them but at 2:00 AM whats a guy to do?

jjmoohead
Jul 26th, 2002, 11:36 AM
I work no where that has to touch that case but if you did it I am sure there are others in the world that have to, and the thought of that makes me wonder if I want to rent games anymore :)