PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Dreams

IcyMourdor
Jul 19th, 2002, 10:52 PM
Dreams in which you know you are dreaming and have complete control of them.

Have you had any before? What were they like?

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 19th, 2002, 11:07 PM
Wow...this was quite a revolution for me...I grew up always having ZERO control of my dreams...and then one night I was suddenly behind the wheel...oh and it was quite a ride, I remember I saw this person I absolutely hate in one and I totally b*tched em out good....and another I was being beat up, and then suddenly I was in control and I laid down quite a whoopin after I realized what was goin on....

So in short yes, I do get these dreams at times...

AsylumEscapee
Jul 19th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Oh my god! Yes!
I used to have them all the time. For most people its only a childhood thing, sadly. Theyre the best, the only way to fulfill every fantasy you might have.

Very interesting topic, joining with your sub-concience and all. Its hard to explain with words.
Ever had a nightmare and then realize it? I did, once, when I was very, very young. A shotgun poped into my hand, I turned around and blew the heads off the half-melted people chasing me.

happy_doughnut
Jul 19th, 2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by AsylumEscapee
A shotgun poped into my hand, I turned around and blew the heads off the half-melted people chasing me.

^ Oh yeah, kinda like this one, more or less :evil: .

For me, these types of dreams aren't all that common. I will tend to have them once in a while, but all in all, I think they're are the best types of dreams one can have. In this sense, you can truly escape reality. . . and do what you really want for a change.

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 19th, 2002, 11:23 PM
I don't usually remember my dreams. Except those wretched ones you get when you have a fever. http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif

AsylumEscapee
Jul 19th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Its a strange state of mind. Im not sure if you can plan out what youre gonna do in your next lucid dream and expect to remember it while youre having it.

Gadzoox
Jul 20th, 2002, 12:05 AM
Once I had a dream that a lot of small children were chasing me and they had pointed sticks... it was the scariest dream I've ever had. :weep:

Sid554
Jul 20th, 2002, 12:09 AM
I seem to have no control over what happens in my dreams. Kinda sucks really.

Lone Wolf
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Mourdor
Dreams in which you know you are dreaming and have complete control of them.

Have you had any before? What were they like? Wow, Mourdie, where on earth did you come up with this thread? Thief. Anyway, I have had about 10 real dreams in my life that I can remember and wasn't in complete control. Eventually in all of them I realize it's a dream and just "walk out" (wake up). They're usually nightmares up to that point.

IcyMourdor
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:35 AM
LW is right. A friend of mine from FFA came up with the idea, but he doesn't go here. I just brought the thread.

Hylas
Jul 20th, 2002, 05:53 AM
I don't have much control, but the best thing is that I'm always aware that I'm dreaming, whatever the dream is. So, even if anything is going bad, I can always think while I'm dreaming "Don't worry, it's just a dream". Sometimes I get angry because of that, for I'd like to control the dream, since I know it's not reality from the beginning. :mad:

Solidus
Jul 20th, 2002, 06:16 AM
I had a Lucid Dream once, I was on another planet. And I knew I was on another planet, but why I knew this, I don't know. I was on Venus, the planet that has numorous vulcanos on it, but where I was, it was beautiful, very beautiful. I walked down some....way to nowhere, but I came out in a small lake, and I saw a large mechanical thing with real large arms swimming in it. And then my bell ringed:frust:
With the fact that I love astronomy this was quite the experience for me.

kupoartist
Jul 20th, 2002, 06:44 AM
I used to have a lot of control over my dreams, which was weird when I consider just how scary those dreams usually were :laugh: ... It usually happened in the kind of dream where things were so nasty, that it just be ludricrous and so plain obvious that I was very far from reality (or perhaps i'd eatten some funny mushrooms or somthing ^_^).. then it always used to be funny, because I'd do strange stuff that made no sense at all : like causing an earthquake, or making it snow so I could build a snowman, whilst waiting for any strange nightmare beasts to catch up :happy:

I've lost that control though recently... Only nice dream I had recently was when some idiot guy was annoying me, so I flew of over the rooftops of my school dragoon style. Strangely I was dodging rapid gun-fire at the same time :shock: Rest assured the dream went absolutely no-where after that ^_^

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 20th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Yeah, also when I get really bad dreams...and I realize that something's about to happen in the dream...I try and wake myself up while I'm in the dream....like I'll start screaming telling myself to wake up or try and force myself to do something...it works after awhile...

AsylumEscapee
Jul 21st, 2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
Yeah, also when I get really bad dreams...and I realize that something's about to happen in the dream...I try and wake myself up while I'm in the dream....like I'll start screaming telling myself to wake up or try and force myself to do something...it works after awhile...

I used to be able to open my eyes while having a lucid dream.
I did not wake up by screaming, or telling myself to wake up. I was actually able to force my eyes open, as if I were fully awake.

I lost this, along with lucid dreams.

Hadoken
Jul 21st, 2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
I don't usually remember my dreams. Except those wretched ones you get when you have a fever. http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif

Same here dude, i dont usually remember mine either. and the ones you get with a fever suck azz man. they practically drive u crazy.

Cannibal Clown
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:59 PM
I've never had a fever before, so i can't really tell what yuo guys are talking about.

But every peoson has about three or four dreams a night, and just don't remember any of them.

I usually remember at least one every morning. Last night i just kinda remembered them as certain events happened in the next day.

My friends, SSSnake told me that he liked the duck he had yesteray at the resuraunt i work at, then i remembered a drea that was about where i work. Then i remember having a dream when i came up with lyrics for a really sweet ass song, this happened when we were in SSSnakes garage comming up with music. And i then remembered a dream where i had a car and it blew up as i was being dropped off at my house.

This happened to me constantly. I don't remember a dream until something in my day brings a memory of it back. And at times i can only remember a very small part of the dream. Like something that i saw for only a moment and addressed it in a dream, or a person that was in that dream. I don't remember anything else, just that that person was there.

As of controling my dreams, this happens all the time. But only during nightmares, which is a good thing, except for those rare erotic drerams, that i don't get enough of. But in most of my nightmares, i realise that i'm dreaming, and i tell myself that i've had enough of this bull sh*t and deciside to kick some ass. But if it gets out of hand, i'll just decide to wake up. I debate to myself for a while before doing so though. Saying that i don't want to wake up,because i probally wont get back to sleep, but i sometimes need to.

Other than that, i can safely say that the majority of the dreams are more coplex, deep, graphic, and f*cked up dreams than anyone i know. My friends 007, SSSnake, Neo, and Mourdor can back me up on this.