PDA

View Full Version : Akira

007_JamesBond
Jul 19th, 2002, 11:51 AM
this anime was awsome I just finished watching it and I thought it was the coolest ever, have you seen it? your opinions?

MADRUCKIS
Jul 19th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Well
honestly, Akira started me on the road to anime. It was such a wake up call so to speak when I saw it cause I was like what....15 or 16 and what I saw in Akira blew my mind. The story is mind boggeling and to this day I don't quite understand it, please don't tell me I've been meaning to rent it again.
I think it did that for many people, it was great animation backed by some highly memorable scenes and a weird plot........
ANIME AT ITS BEST!:laugh:

007_JamesBond
Jul 20th, 2002, 02:30 PM
I completely agree it is the begenning of anime

Solidus
Jul 20th, 2002, 02:33 PM
It was alright but nothing beats Record of Lodoss War, Akira is definatly not the only cool anime out there.

MADRUCKIS
Jul 20th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Naw Naw

Definately, there are some other great anime out there. We just were statin' that Akira had effected everything around it whenn it came!

Solidus
Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:15 AM
You know what, I changed my opinion. AKIRA SUCKS!!!

Cannibal Clown
Jul 22nd, 2002, 01:27 PM
How can you say that. Akira, made in 1988, was the most expensive movie of that year wghen it came out. It's still selling capies, and the special addition dvd, when it came out made it to the top 5 on the years selling charts. The animation still beats most of the stuff that cartoonsa are today, and it was all cell drawing, none of that cg crap, and the story is deep, and totally mind blowing. How can anyone say that this anime sucks.

Solidus
Jul 22nd, 2002, 03:08 PM
Two words... My opinion.

AsylumEscapee
Jul 29th, 2002, 12:22 AM
Am I the only one who couldnt follow the story for 3 seconds?
Maybe am an idiot, or maybe its because I spent 3 days watching it, or maybe it was just confusing.

Dark Angel
Aug 3rd, 2002, 07:21 PM
Hey I just rented it and finished. I think it's great!! But while my anime exposure has been limited to stuff like Ghost in the Shell and the Macross series, this really did seem fantastic! Can't believe it was made in 1988

007_JamesBond
Aug 4th, 2002, 12:53 PM
yeah that is awsome that it came out in 88, and CC aka el suave what is with that